Mizuno thread [6] - all info, pics, questions here plz

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  2. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Has anyone tried doing a mix sole on Wave Ignitus' ?

Might have a go on the ones i had last season, see if i can save myself some money instead of buying new SG boots. Only problem is the soleplate is very uneven, there are lots of layers to the design, all at different levels. It might be difficult for me to get the surface flat enough for the studs to be stable. I guess i could file down through all the different layers then use a couple of washers or something, stuck down if needs be, as spacers.

Only problem then might be if the sole plate is too thin the prongs on the T-nut might not have enough material to go into or i could end up cracking the sole plate. This could be a bigger problem than i first thought.

3. PinoyFootballer

PinoyFootballer New Member

Dec 20, 2010
    Florida
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    hard to tell, but maya yoshida was wearing the wave ignitus II in the original ignitus I color this morning against korea (white/black/yellow mukaiten panel). i have the ignitus I's in that color, so i thought they were pretty neat looking. haha

[​IMG]

4. Craig01988

Craig01988 New Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I really like the mizuno boots, does anyone know how they fit compared to adipower/adizero?

Really just looking for a comfy solid boot!

5. hwangong

hwangong Member

Mar 6, 2007
    At first, I thought these were Morelia Wave KR in cactus colorway.
    But they aren't.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. hwangong

hwangong Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Then I also saw these pics.
    Morelia Neo. Interesting.

I guess these are like Adizero-ish Morelia Wave. LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. hwangong

hwangong Member

Mar 6, 2007
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anyone seen/heard of these?

8. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    They have conical studs and an external heel counter! If they do them in black and white I will be on that boot fast.

BTW I have power back after the hurricane.

9. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    SICK! I was going to get the morelia waves in that color, because of that color..... but if these have conical studs.... I may just wait for these to get released in that colorway!!

10. hwangong

hwangong Member

Mar 6, 2007
    They must feel different though. Looking at the mesh tongue and the heel inside of them, I have a feeling that these won't follow Mizuno's standard in terms of comfort.

11. DaRonaldinhoFan15

DaRonaldinhoFan15 New Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Lisle, Il
    And of course there is the chance that it will not be made in Japan

Edit: The only thread that I found (where I believe these pictures are from), was posted Nov 2010. Maybe these will not be released at all. Does it ever take this long?

12. hwangong

hwangong Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Don't pics get leaked like a year before most cases and then changes keep being made until actual release?

13. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I noticed the mesh tongue.... interesting. Reminds me of these indoor boots.

[​IMG]

I really want some mizuno boots in that green though. :p

14. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    those morelia neos look an awful lot like the ones mentioned in the footy boots article. and if the morelia waves are "prototypes" then maybe these are the new ones coming out in december?? maybe?? I mean the blackouts look like morelia waves with a heel tab like the morelia neos

http://www.footy-boots.com/mizuno-football-boots-16736/

15. hwangong

hwangong Member

Mar 6, 2007
    It DOES look similar! I think those blackouts are Morelia Neo(or whatever it's called). Heel part look the same as well as zigzag lacehole positions. It's kinda hard to tell but the stitching looks the same to me as well.

But are those blackouts with conical studs? Man, it's not easy with my eyes...

16. soulstar89

soulstar89 Member

Apr 8, 2008
    LONDON England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    great find, have you anymore pics?

it is hard to tell. I now wonder is this going to be the "hulk boot"?!?!?

im really interested in to see the soleplate. from the outside they look like standard conical studs but i wonder if its a new design? im a massive fan of external heal counters so ill be interested in these boots.

I also have a feeling they aren't japan made. 1. soccerbible state they was in contact with mizuno which i would presume being europe department and 2.kiongsm who has contact with mizuno japan said they havent any news regarding hulks new boot.

17. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I wouldn't have thought the mesh tongue would effect the comfort much, i've not had any problems with the mesh tongue on my SSW, the heel area does look pretty harsh though. Doesn't look like theres any padding what so ever, not even a decent lining.

18. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The Morelia Neo look to be my new boots.

19. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    also look down the lacing of the Neos and see the sort of weird U shaped thing in the middle......its the same as the footy boots article.
    Also footy boots had mentioned that both players normally wear Morelias.......so wouldnt it make sence that they are testing a round-studded boot?

I think this may be the new hulk boot. Which would make sense since Hulk also wears Morelias

20. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I agree that this could be the new Hulk boot, it would make sense that he would wear their rival to the adiZero range.....I am pretty excited about the potential here.

21. michaelfarin

michaelfarin New Member

Sep 3, 2011
    hwangong I saw you had a pair of size 9 ultra lights. Are you selling them? I would be glad to buy them if you are.

22. soulstar89

soulstar89 Member

Apr 8, 2008
    LONDON England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I found new pictures of the "Morelia neo" they are black with White logo. Have to say the quality looks poor. Leather looks cheap. Just heading to track so I'll post them when im back.

23. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    morelia neo > interesting > shd be the new boots for hulk, come this nov/dec release

my friend in mizuno jp must be furious to see these pics, LOL!

i bet it'll be an indonesian made, the link below is from there

in black-white:
    http://www.kaskus.us/showthread.php?t=9643670&page=102

forefoot stitching pattern is similar to morelia wave, the rear/heel looks very much adizero

it must be an european lead design!

24. soulstar89

soulstar89 Member

Apr 8, 2008
    LONDON England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    i just got in and you beat me to it kiongsm lol. I think they look cheap and i really dont like the black white colourway. I was on the site yesterday trying to find a picture of the outsole but had no luck.

25. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm not a big fan of those Neo pictures, they look pretty old fashioned to me, think the colourway would've been better the other way round perhaps. Doesn't look like the laces come very far down the boot either so they possibly wont fit as well as other Mizuno's.