Mizuno thread [5] - all questions/pictures/info here please!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Apr 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hwangong

hwangong Member

Mar 6, 2007

Like Kiongsm mentioned, Honda's never had those heel counter in WI1 as well. Leaked pictures of blue Ignitus 2 on the shelves were lower end ones.

In short, it's not an addition, but they just were never taken off.

2. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Think i might get some WI again, definately will be blue if i go for them though.

3. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    i'll get the blue-white ones fr rakuten, then maybe black-out the light blue parts!

if they ever make the ignitus MD (the ones like Honda is wearing) with K-leather forefoot; it'll be a BIG BIG hit!

4. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    mizuno europe via facebook just released a pic of R.Santa Cruz in the new black-pink WI2

check it out

i'd prefer a black - fluo ylw > tht would be even more striking!

5. uhtoni

uhtoni Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I was really turned off by the new WI ...I just don't want black/pink mizunos. If it was black and neon green or blue, that'd be sick. But not pink.

6. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
  7. uhtoni

uhtoni Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    When are the blue ones being sold? I will buy a pair ASAP! Cause my season is starting soon. And I want my mizunos. T90s were nice but a bit too wide.

8. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    blue ones are only sold in japan

check out:
    http://search.borderless.rakuten.com/borderless/search.action?k=&tl=302260&l=en&f=1&sm=1
    [these shops ship direct)

via forwarding agent:
    http://en.item.rakuten.com/sportskym/soc_sho_miz_1111/?s-id=borderless_browsehist_en

http://en.item.rakuten.com/kemari87/12kp-15201/
    there maybe only the WI2 SL (pds = ignite) version > microfibre not K-leather, but the rest of the specs are the same

it seems tht back in their home country, Japan, WI (k-leather is not sold - i find it rather amazing!)

but actually the Ignitus MD (mid range version) is also a pretty good choice > microfibre, moulded blades which has a broader base, but no wave tech, it's about 1/3 of the WI price

when the shop i usually buy from (sportsguide) has the item, i will post the link here

9. aries7

aries7 Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    whats so special about the wave system? sorry for the stupid question lol

10. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    cushioning and shock absorption > protect your joints from those high impacts

11. uhtoni

uhtoni Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Didn't see anything my size:(. Should I keep checking, or will it be near impossible to find them now?

12. hwangong

hwangong Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Ah! My sizes are all sold out.

I don't know if I want those flashy pink ones.
    I'm kinda leaning toward the blue ones now.

13. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    not to worry guys, the blue ones are to be release this week in japan

the no-size is b'cos it's not in stock yet

just got confirmation from my contacts at rakuten sportsguide shop, it'll be stocking up pretty soon

just wait till end of this week or next

once in stock, i will also post the link!

14. ZuhairiAlves

ZuhairiAlves Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I want the black/pink colorway. Why everyone hating them? Its so lovely. I love pink and black combination though. XD

15. uhtoni

uhtoni Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm going to get a pair of the blue ones! I can't wait!

16. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    My new Mizunos!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I did like my old WI, so i'm tempted to try the new ones, order from Japan puts the blue ones out of my price range and the black/pink are horrible so i'll be waiting for the new colourways. Thankfully i'm in no rush for new boots this summer.

18. hwangong

hwangong Member

Mar 6, 2007
    When they released the new colorway for WI1, shops in Japan listed SL versions first and then higher end. I remember that.

19. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Interesting that people go for the WI's when there are so many other Mizuno boots that I would rather go for. The more classic leather models seem better value - but I can appreciate that the vamps on the WI's give a good ping on the ball.

My boots are the Quasar Cup 5's. They set me back US$70, and were slightly more expensive then the regular, non-turf version. I'm not sure what leather they are, but they're nice and soft! I've just put memory-foam insoles in them now, and they're superb.

20. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    How do you like the sole on your boots? I have been thinking about getting a pair of Morelia TMs which have the same sole pattern for use on turf and really hard ground so any feedback is appreciated. BTW - your boots look nice, nice colorway, very clean look to them.

21. elastico86

elastico86 New Member

Aug 14, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Hey guys, I'm on a budget at the moment and was wondering which pair was better between Morelia ul 25th and Morelia md on pds? Thanks

22. uhtoni

uhtoni Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ..first time I go back to Mizunos after playing with my T90 Elites.. god damn.. Mizuno is my heroin of soccer shoes. I need more, and I can't go back to nike.. haha.

What are some worthy shoes to buy from mizunos? I'll be getting the WI2, but I need some turf shoes. Which mizuno turfs should I get?

23. ZuhairiAlves

ZuhairiAlves Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The Morelia Tm are good enough. They have good traction for turf and field also. But I never use mine on field before.

24. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
  25. uhtoni

uhtoni Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

It's the ones with all the black pebbles.. i was looking at Ignitus AS but also found some black mizunos AS that looked pretty good.

edit: These are the ones im talking about

http://en.item.rakuten.com/goku-spo/12kt14201/

Im size 28.5 so it's not as common as all the other sizes :\. by .5... haha