Mizuno thread [5] - all questions/pictures/info here please!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Apr 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the rivaldo wave cups are pretty close to the weight of the adizero i believe they are adveritized at 200g wich is about 7 oz as light as the adipure sl and lighter than any of the nike Elite shoes..... the morelia UL is also said to be 225g which is pretty light

2. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    speed boot from mizuno?

the GS3 was a failure imo

yeah, NR got it rite....the UL, WC KR or SL is already so so light 200gm +/- depends on sz

yeah, there suppose to be a special release for Hulk end 2011

again, mz has now streamlined their top line in morelia, SSW, and Ignitus

again, imo, tht few grams won't make u pass the opponents by a mile!

3. ZuhairiAlves

ZuhairiAlves Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The GS3 were good for me. I love the fit and the lace cover. I am more to speed boots. Because they give me confidence in me.

4. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    What are your thoughts on the synthetic leather used on the GS3?

5. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I ordered a pair of GS3, they didn't fit me though so i had to send them back unfortunately, and i liked the way the upper felt it was very soft and flexible for synthetic. Was really disappointed they didn't fit me, was looking forward to trying them out.

6. PinoyFootballer

PinoyFootballer New Member

Dec 20, 2010
    Florida
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    this was an image from japan/vvv venlo center back maya yoshida's blog. found it interesting... ignitus 2 "mask". lol

[​IMG]

7. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    LOL!

i think it's the ignitus 2 upper, not yet stitched to the outsole!

pretty cool!

8. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    If Mizuno made a version of the original Wave Cup with the split sole that they developed for the GS2 and GS3s I would try that out. I never understood the changes they made to the upper but I am open to trying out the split sole as the original Wave Cup heels always seemed to delaminate a bit and the later designed at least looked like a better solution in that regard with the caveat that the sole looked like it sat higher which if true I would not like. I'm mainly interested because I can bend the ball with my Wave Cups in a way that I have not been able to replicate with any other boot and can only imagine what the split sole would do for shooting power as I have found split sole designs to be really nice really nice for shooting the ball with power.

The synthetic they developed interested me as well but as far as I know they haven't used it with any other boots... I believe they called it Kuray (sp?) or something like that?

9. BigBomba

BigBomba Member

Apr 30, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Hi guys, I've been playing football all my life but have never owned a pair of Mizuno. After reading through the Mizuno topics #4 and #5 here and a couple of reviews I decided it's about time to get a pair.

So, I have some questions that you hopefully can help me with.

I'm a fast and aggressive defender, that dribbles alot and I'm a heavy shooter but with no precision. I was looking for light boots, that apparently all Mizuno shoes are.

#1 question:
    Supersonic MD or SP?
    Whats the difference between Supersonic MD and SP?

#2:
    Supersonic MD/SP vs Wave Ignitus, which to choose?
    Obviously, Super are for dribbling and speed? But I read somewhere that the grip isnt good and my playstyle REALLY need boots with good/ok grip.

#3:
    Where to shop these shoes?
    I'm leaning towards Supersonic, but I need the answer about what the differences between SP/MD are. Rakuten has them in blue, and sports-ws aswell. They're available in red at PDS, which I'd prefer over the blue, but not my size.. 26,5 cm/41,5/7,5.

BTW, I'm from Sweden, none of the shops here sells Mizuno :(

Sorry about this long post, but I need some opinions/answers please.

10. 14walcott14

14walcott14 Member

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The WI 2 is supposed to come out this month right? Anyone know the exact date?

11. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    SSW in blue white > get it from:

http://en.item.rakuten.com/sportsguide/10007335/

it seems out of stock, but send them an email to ask for your size 26.5cm

email: mgonnokami@sportsguide.jp

they can accept paypal too

[you can mentioned to Gonnokami-san tht you are refered to them by SM from Malaysia]

SP has the same upper as the MD, only difference = outsole of SP is made of PeBax material which is better, stronger, more durable and lighter

12. BigBomba

BigBomba Member

Apr 30, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Awesome Kiongsm! Thanks for your fine reply!

Two questions though, isn't the SP version available at all in red?

And the sizing, my feet are about 26,1-26,3 and they're pretty wide above 10,2-10,5, is 26,5 enough for me in SSW? Does the boot stretch?

13. ZuhairiAlves

ZuhairiAlves Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I recommend you to take 26 though. They do stretch a little bit and It feel much more comfortable in a little snug boots.

14. BigBomba

BigBomba Member

Apr 30, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Do you have SSP Zuhairi? How long are your feet and what size are your SSP? Please be as precise as you can since I don't want to order boots that are too big/small.

15. ZuhairiAlves

ZuhairiAlves Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I use 25.5 in SSP. I have the blue ones btw. My foot are actually 25.4-25.6 cm. Its mostly around there. I like my boots to be very snug. Thats why i order it in the middle and they are ok. :D

16. BigBomba

BigBomba Member

Apr 30, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  17. soulstar89

soulstar89 Member

Apr 8, 2008
    LONDON England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    yes yes YES!!

18. ZuhairiAlves

ZuhairiAlves Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  19. BigBomba

BigBomba Member

Apr 30, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    haha, ok. Ty for the fast replies :)

20. BigBomba

BigBomba Member

Apr 30, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I just cant make my mind up.. 26 or 26,5 in the blue SSWP?

The problem is that I have about 7 football boots, and they stretch from 26-26,5 all of them. (41-42 in euro sizes). But the one I like most is my Umbro SX in non-leather or synth. It's made of some kind of cloth. And they're 41,5, dont remember what size in japanese.

So my problem is, if size 26 is a little bit longer in SSWP than normal, then that would be great. If not, then I'd want 26,5. I need more opinions on this please.

21. ZuhairiAlves

ZuhairiAlves Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I first bought SSWP in 26.0 and its half size big. I bought a second pair in 25.5 and its perfect. It eventually will stretch 2-4 cm though. So I think you should go for 26.0

22. BigBomba

BigBomba Member

Apr 30, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    But in your case:
    Feet 25,4-25,6 = size 25,5

My case:
    Feet 26,1-26,3 = size 26?

You choose in the middle, but I'd have to choose smaller.. That's why I'm afraid..

Is SSWP made of k-leather all around? And are you positive that they will stretch, if so they'd be perferct for me..

Edit:
    Oh! By the way, what size does it say in euro sizes in your SSWP that are 25,5 and 26?

23. ZuhairiAlves

ZuhairiAlves Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It will stretch. Dont worry. For the Japan Colourway which is blue, it is not fully k leather. Its only forefoot k leather. The rest is microfibre which look like k leather and its very soft too. Euro sizes are 40.5 or 40.

24. BigBomba

BigBomba Member

Apr 30, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Was searching and found this:

"soulstar89
    07 Sep 2010, 05:18 PM
    Zuhairalves

your location says you are in singapore so wouldnt it be easier for you to order from rakuten and get better quality boots.

the supersonics which you posted are a asian colourway release so im ASSUMING you got them from singapore."

What does he mean with better quality boots? Aren't the SSWP a quality boot? And you said "For the Japan Colourway which is blue, it is not fully k leather", are the european red ones fully K-leather? But the red ones are called MD and not SP, is that correct?

25. BigBomba

BigBomba Member

Apr 30, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona