Mitt Romney for President--Part something

Discussion in 'Elections' started by bigredfutbol, Jan 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Doubt you'll have much joy there; he's likely saving the harder for Mr. Nice, not Mr. Warmth. ;)

3. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Given some of the other dipshit shit he's said about religious beliefs, it'll be later in the year before he comes up with a rational response.

4. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait a sec; you don't believe me, do you. Wow. Huh. Okay, well, when I wrote "you people," I was making two clear jokes (I even had the goddamn smiley!);

1) That I was confusing Native Americans with Indians (many of whom believe in reincarnation) due to the long history of Europeans calling Native Americans "Indians"

2) I was referencing the "you people" segment of Tropical Thunder.

I suppose I had to be more transparent with that from a guy whose most common line is "Die in a fire."

5. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In other news...

6. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. HouseHead78

HouseHead78 Member+

Oct 17, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The most cynical campaign in history continues.

8. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's not a line. Mr Warmth actually wants people to die in a fire.

9. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read it as #1, did I win?

10. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I await Warmth's response to what he thinks of the term Native American.

[​IMG]

11. That Phat Hat

That Phat Hat Member+

Nov 14, 2002
    Just Barely Outside the Beltway
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  12. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    Oh, if I could only be a forearm for a split second...

13. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Except they know that the American voting population has the attention span of a kid with ADHD on crack so they won't make the connection between Romney saying that Obama is in the picket of Labor Unions and a union saying they support the Keystone XL pipeline.

15. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That seems to be the consensus: We're doomed. Enjoy the ride.

16. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5e0QoUdPJM&feature=player_embedded"]Swiss Bank Account - YouTube[/ame]

I like the last line. Way to dig in the stilleto, boys!

17. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    It's worth pointing out the massive fail of Romney's recent statement that President Obama shouldn't take credit for eliminating bin Laden, that it was such an obvious call that "even Jimmy Carter" would have OKed the raid onto Pakistani soil.

1) Jimmy Carter was a 10-year Navy vet. No Romney ever served in the military, not Mitt and brothers, not his kids. So Mitt better STFU about bravery.

2) Jimmy Carter made a gutsier call by far with the raid to save the hostages. That was a balls-to-the-wall call.

3) The failure of that raid killed Carter's re-election chances.

4) Because of #3, Obama's call was a tough one, and was against the advice of many of his advisers. This was not an obvious choice at all.

Ah what do we expect from Romney? This is a man who claims that when he argued against a bailout of the auto industry in 2008, that subsequent events have proven him correct. Which leads to the question: Is there any possible outcome following any Romney statement, that could ever lead to anything besides Romney being correct? I suspect not.

18. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mitt's own party doesn't want anybody who isn't just like them.

19. NMMatt

NMMatt Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Reagan would have personally led the Team 6 and shot bin Laden himself.

Not only do I find the comment about Carter unintentionally ironic, I also find Senator McCain's statement that "heros don't brag" highly ironic. Senator McCain has built his entire political career from bragging about being a POW.

20. NMMatt

NMMatt Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    I've often thought that this is the last post 60's election for the GOP. They started freaking out because culture war wedge issues are back firing. I think they are now starting to realize that the foreign policy legacy of the Bush and Obama presidencies is likely to be that the GOP is too ideological and overreactive while the post Baby Boomer Democrats are moving beyond the characature of the party full of hippies.

It's pretty much impossible for Romney to get to the right of Obama on national security without sounding like he believes the only lesson from the 2000's decade is that Dick Cheney approach didn't go far enough on remaking the world by force. That's not going to win over a single getable vote that isn't already a default vote for the Republicans.

That hissy fit you are seeing is the GOP realizing that win or lose (and they could still win if the economy backslides) they are going to need a completely different strategy in 2016 and beyond.

21. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. bnjamin10

bnjamin10 Member

Charlotte FC
    Jun 4, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You'll really get those Republicans' blood a boiling taking away Welfare from those states' generally high african american populations that usually vote democrat anyway.

They will however be pissed when all of those military bases lose their funding, and the agriculture subsidies disappear.

23. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Red-state welfare. Alaska is a food-stamp queen chugging champagne on the Feds' dollar.

24. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know what you're saying.

But over time, everyone who owns a trailer park will notice demand drying up, and everyone owning a fast food restaurant, etc. Then everyone who sells those guys cars, or satellite dishes, will notice demand going down.

Those welfare benefits aren't used so that the recipients can build up their stock portfolios. The recipients spend every. Damn. Cent. And most of it is spent at white-owned establishments. When they're destitute, the dumbass white folks you're talking about will have an epiphany.

25. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    And then they'll blame coastal eggheads and black people for it.