MISL RULES CHALLENGE

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by traremark, Nov 10, 2012.

1. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Plus D because then if there is a problem with the field that would give time to fix the problem
    other items are not very time constraint

2. USSF REF

USSF REF Guest

Well... I did some digging and I can offer that the league has issued four points of emphasis to the referees. Two of these affect the number of yellow cards, and those points are:

1. Delay of Game (kicking ball away, carrying ball away, throwing the ball, etc). Must allow quick restarts.

2. Misconduct (Dissent)

There is also a new rule this year that states upon being informed that they're being penalized - the player must go immediately to the penalty box. If the player doesn't and stalls going to the box, the referee should tack on an additional 5-minute yellow card.

3. bbwavefan

bbwavefan Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well then they are starting to do their jobs I know Mike Looking Land said something to the ref in baltimore and he was quick to pull the card out . I am sure he droped a F-bomb by least her the refs shook it off and went with the flow of the game

5. Wave Fan

Wave Fan Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Club:
    Charlotte Eagles
    At a game last season Lookingland went nuts at one call and threw out so many f-bombs that if they were real bombs would have likely laid waste the entire midwest. Sad thing was that there were a lot of kids in our area that got an earful as well.

6. traremark

traremark Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    FOR USSF REF ONLY

Rule 4 addresses PLAYERS EQUIPMENT.

One of the following players is not in compliance with the MISL league stated rules guidelines. Name the player and the violation?

A) Marcel Feenstra (GK, Milwaukee Wave)
    B) Bato Radoncic (F, Chicago Soul)
    C) Ryan Junge (D, Missouri Comets)
    D) Adauto Neto (F, Baltimore Blast)

7. traremark

traremark Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    If you review the 11-3 Baltimore/Chicago game and fast forward to 1 hour 50 minutes and 30 seconds ML24 commits a foul in the defensive zone. Following a Chicago timeout ML24 stays on the field, dissents and kicks the ball into the corner. Once the players return to the field and are setting up for the restart you see ML24 reapproach the ball (the video then moves to a camera shot from field level by the stage and it is very difficult to see). ML24 kicks the ball away again without being penalized. While this incident was not penalized, I believe this is an example of what the referees will focus on.

8. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did catch that at the game I know he recieved a 5min yellow card that game . But I am not sure why then never called him on this . now that the glass is open the F bombs need to stop being droped by the players since now the kids can hear every word they say .

9. 2000man

2000man Member

Dec 10, 2007
  10. traremark

traremark Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    A tough question indeed and only one correct answer......that would be Skipper! 11 blue cards issued. Next question will be posted on Tuesday of next week. Good luck and enjoy the weekend!

According to Rule 4.4
    A complete player uniform (shirt, shorts, and socks) and gk uniform shall be presented
    each team to the game officials 60 minutes prior to scheduled kickoff for inspection.

Correct answer is A

11. traremark

traremark Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    MISL Rules Challenge Penalty Minute Leaders

Skipper 0
    ISN 2
    2000Man 2
    wavefan 2 (would have been a 5 minute yellow card had you guessed E, cheerleader room check :)
    NSL 2
    USSF Ref 2 (answer pending)
    wiscstchamp 4 (Scotty....gave you 4 bcuz not in time on last ques...and Coach Tomi said to. :)
    JoeyTee 4
    BpSockers 4
    Crdshp 4
    Pres04 4
    bbwavefan 4
    go storm 4

12. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    could be correct answer but I have not seen that done at any game. It may have happened occasionally but on a regular basis I don't think so. I have seen the other items done. well except the cheerleader room check.

13. WisStateChampion

Oct 26, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm throwing a challenge flag on this play. There was an instance in a previous game where I was speaking to an official. He then asked, what color is team b wearing tonight. I won't say names or teams. He then asked what color is Milwaukee wearing. Im calling for an official review which in turn overturns the call. Tommy owes me in this situation just ask him about the Hamilton game. Getting my hopes up haha haha

14. USSF REF

USSF REF Guest

...I am not Tim Tyma, but this photo is of Tim Tyma (right) and me (left). (Directions in case you couldn't tell)
    [​IMG]
    Tim put his hand over my mouth and told me to shut up and not answer anymore of Art's questions.

I thought it was kind of obvious, but in case you haven't figured it out by now, I have ties to the MISL referee program. I'm not going to say exactly what my ties are, but there is simply no way I can be making judgments or declarations over social media regarding alleged rule/uniform compliance problems by any active players in the league.

I thought it would be fun to mix it up a little bit on here regarding the MISL rule book, and see if I could help people learn a little more about the MISL rules, but questions like the one Art has posed go beyond rules and into an area (dealing with individuals) that I am not comfortable going. Besides, Art seems perfectly well versed in the MISL rules, so you don't need me around here for that.

So, I'm not going to be replying to this thread anymore. But I'll be following along just in case Art slips up on a rule! But I honestly don't see that happening, except maybe when he is annoucing on TV. :p

15. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Were you at the Blast game , I was was talking to you while you were drinkng a beer in section 205

16. traremark

traremark Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    This is not a question of whether the referees apply what is stated in the MISL official rule book.....that would be like saying boarding is not a two minute penalty because there was an instance in a previous game where a player was boarded and the referee did not make the call....Some referees may choose to follow procedure and some may not.

The Ruling on the Board Stands......Correct answer is A....referees SHOULD inspect each teams uniform presented to them 60 minutes prior to game time and Scotty (WSC) is now out of challenges!

17. IndoorSoccerNews

Nov 28, 2010
    Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does Marcel Feenstra not wear shin guards? I can't tell...

18. traremark

traremark Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Totally understandable! I was trying to come up with a question that would be challenging for you but your reply makes sense and I apologize for the discomfort. :)

For everyone else the correct answer is B) Bato Radoncic

According to Rule 4.1 (Usual Equipment)
    The surname of each player shall appear on the back of his uniform.

Note: I may intentionally "slip up" on a rules question just to make sure USSF Ref is following! :)

19. IndoorSoccerNews

Nov 28, 2010
    Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That rule needs to be changed or deleted.

"Denison" broke the rule and "Sagu" broke it too esp. given it's his nickname. There are a few others in the recent past who broke the rule too.

20. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then Neto Has also broken the rule because that is not his first or last name

21. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the point he was making is that his name was not on his jersey just the #9 so no one checked the jerseys 1hr before the game

22. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    The Soul has posted a picture on FB saying 1 hour before game time and they are NOT showing uniforms to the refs. they are on the field warming up

23. USSF REF

USSF REF Guest

In practicality, what happens is the referee or 1 of the assistants goes into the player locker room and checked the game roster against the player passes and the uniform number which is displayed to the official at that time. so you would never see this done and the players on the field warming up don't wear their uniform Jersey up to. the field

24. IndoorSoccerNews

Nov 28, 2010
    Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My rules question: Which of the seven MISL teams is violating the MISL rulebook as per field and/or goal rules?

25. DazzRef

DazzRef Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Buffalo NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rochester - it has the smallest field size (due to the age of the building)...

And I only know this because every time I go to the BCA for an NLL Lacrosse game, I always remark how the Rochester Knighthawks have the advantage because the dimensions of the field change the way that shots are taken and balls bounce on shots, as well as some effects on substitutions (and the speed on which they happen). If I remember correctly, the field is around 10-15' smaller lengthwise and about 5-10' smaller widthwise.

Just my $.02....
    Aaron