Rumor: Misl Expansion teams

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by cardshopmd, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wsls9999

wsls9999 Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Salisbury, MD
    Great come back, maybe you can commish the MISL now. Oh yeah, that's right, AFL in KC, the whole thing is over. Joey Tee, maybe you need another site to post some engaging thoughts on.

2. Joey Tee

Joey Tee Member

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 12, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no, I misread bud...my apologies, thought you were bashing...

3. wsls9999

wsls9999 Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Salisbury, MD
    Joey Tee, everyone bitches on everyone on this site, and past sites cause we love the game. Syd and others probably hate my guts (though lets face it, they don't know me and I don't know them). But, if we all ended up in a room, we'd end up talking about all the great games we saw. Maybe there are only 20 to 30 people that actually post on this board and others in the past...but...there is true love for this game, just we all think we know best, and in the end...it still seems pretty sad (the state of the game).

4. Joey Tee

Joey Tee Member

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 12, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I couldnt agree more man. From what I see, its all bashing. I joined to start some good cheer about the return of the Sidekicks and some other teams that were mentioned by Gordon Jago-former coach of the Kicks, and I try not to get too wrapped up in what I am reading, but I can't help but think there is way too much negativity wrapped into these threads. Again, I took your post at face value and didnt realize you were being sarcastic...cheers!

5. wsls9999

wsls9999 Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Salisbury, MD
    Well Joey, from what I know, Dallas has been the mark all season long. Back in February, it was assumed they were coming in. Jago, Tatu, and the guy that owned the team when they folded (can't think of the name right now). Jago was at the MISL championship. The league did approve at least 3 teams in meetings in April, Mexico City, KC, and Dallas. Why they haven't announced yet, I don't know. Maybe they won't and they're done. I don't know. Maybe they'll announce next week or next month. Earlier is better, and I scratch my head if they do come in at such a late date, especially if they knew a while ago they wanted to come back and be in this league. Who knows. One would think at some point in time, someone with a half brain would take over this league and take care of this crap. It ain't Grimaldi, as far as I'm concerned. Oh well.

6. Joey Tee

Joey Tee Member

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 12, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    roger that brother! I am scratching more than my head wondering how this hasn't happened yet! I hope it gets done!

7. Redhawk1

Redhawk1 Member

May 12, 2006
    David Grimali IS the man....and is the most qualified to do so.

8. GameraRPZ

GameraRPZ Member

Jul 24, 2006
    What the hell are they waiting for???????????

9. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't pay a whole lot of attention to the KC indoor scene, (in all honesty, indoor isn't my thing, I usually only make 1 Kings game a year). But if KC has a "pro" team in either league this year, it's really not smart and would give the initial expressing of being poorly run and bush league. I mean I know they can't expect to get Comets like numbers from their heyday, but the season is 4-5 months away from what I'm looking at and there's been no announcement of any kind about a KC team. The only thing announced has been an exhibition. I'm fine with them using the exhibition as their jump off point to start for the 2011-2012 season, but if they're seriously thinking they'll be able to get everything together and get enough people to pony up to have a team this season, they may be crazy.

10. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    I will go out on a limb and say 100% there will be no Kansas City team (other than the Kings) playing in the 2010/11 season.

11. daveinkc

daveinkc New Member

Jan 15, 2008
    you're forgetting about redhawk's super secret undercover ownership group that already has misl approvel and a lease signed with the independece events center.

12. wsls9999

wsls9999 Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Salisbury, MD
    Limbs are made to be broken.

13. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Hey you said Dallas was going to be announced today or tomorrow (or something like that).

So in time we'll see how I do.

14. wsls9999

wsls9999 Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Salisbury, MD
    Indeed I did, and my source was feed crap by the MISL's dumb a$$ commish. We'll see, maybe the whole league will fold and you'll be dancing down the streets with bells and whistles.

15. spinman

spinman Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Kansas City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think just because info hasn't been out to the general public doesn't mean that background work isn't being done (ie arena, corp sponsors, office site, league approval etc..)

7 teams - same 5 from last year with with Rubio moving Chicago Magic to UIC.
    Dallas - Sonny playing Sidekicks @ Allen arena
    KC - Playing @ Muni' Downtown KC.

16. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But a team that's 4-5 months away from the start of the season SHOULD have some sort of public presence at this point.

17. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Well then let me amend my limb. 100% no team will play at Independence Arena in 2010/11.

I don't think anyone on here had ever mentioned any arena besides Independence so that's what I had in mind.

18. wsls9999

wsls9999 Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Salisbury, MD
    The arena you speak of holds 7 to 10k and was the home, for one year, for the Attack. Municipal Auditorium

19. Soccer-Man

Soccer-Man New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Spinman, thanks for the information. I have reported a lot of the above already, but it's nice to get another voice to chime in.

However, you said 7 teams; but if what you're saying is correct, than the math suggests 8 teams. All 5 from last year + KC + Dallas + Chicago = 8.

Now are you saying that all 5 ownership groups are coming back with Rubio ditching Rockford and setting up shop in the UIC with another name? Or will the "Magic" (I heard a different name for Chicago) be a separate team?

The Municipal Auditorium in Kansas City is a grand old lady. It's an old building with stunning architecture and craftsmanship. The site lines appear to be good; especially for a building that was built in the '30s. Here are some links to check out some pictures and history.

http://wapedia.mobi/en/Municipal_Auditorium_(Kansas_City)

http://basketball.ballparks.com/NBA/KansasCityKings/oldindex.htm

20. Redhawk1

Redhawk1 Member

May 12, 2006
    Why would KC play at The Muni downtown and not the Independence Center (6k seats)?? Unless they got a better lease and want to be closer to the Power & Light District, which is right across the street from the Sprint Center.

21. puma10

puma10 Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Rockford
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't know if this means anything but the Rockford Rampage just announced the summer camps schedule for kids. You all can check the Rockford Rampage web site for your selves.:cool:

22. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it just means that the Rampage is going to hold summer camps for kids. Other teams have done that following their final seasons.

23. Redhawk1

Redhawk1 Member

May 12, 2006
    There will be teams in BOTH Rockford and Chicago......and also in another midwest city that has been mentioned on here before. Announcements will be coming in a couple of weeks.

Syd: Do you care to make a wager on any of this? I don't know how confident you are in your MISL predictions, but I'm VERY confident about mine. I'm willing to bet big time money. Are you??

24. dcunitedTV

dcunitedTV Member

Sep 30, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One thing that we can all be sure of is none of these new teams will have good attendance with such little time to promote.

Does the MISL figure they can get by with marketing to kids soccer orgs only?

So frustrating.... :confused:

25. daveinkc

daveinkc New Member

Jan 15, 2008
    if there is any truth to the kc rumors (which i highly doubt) good luck marketing to suburban parents and kids while playing at municipal.