MISL Attendance 2012-2013

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by kenntomasch, Nov 5, 2012.

1. spinman

spinman Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Kansas City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was pleasantly surprised by the crowd last week. With the increase in ticket prices I wasn't sure if that was going to hurt the Comets home game attendance. Hell of a game too. I got to think they won over any fans that came for the first time.

2. HollandsComet

HollandsComet Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Raytown, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right across I-135 from Kansas Coliseum.

3. Wave Fan

Wave Fan Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Club:
    Charlotte Eagles
    Where are the attendance figures posted this season? Seemed like a pretty decent crowd at the Cell last night but it's hard to gauge if it's up or down compared to last season.

4. spinman

spinman Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Kansas City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To say the Stats are a joke is an understatement. Wave announcers said as much on their broadcast. If fans can't find the stats what are the local media doing? Big step back by the USL in my opinion.

Wave Fan repped this.
  5. Wave Fan

Wave Fan Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Club:
    Charlotte Eagles
    That's the problem, I can't find it on MISL.net so I went to the local paper's site and their recap didn't have attendance figures either. Maybe they're trying to be coy about it in case there's a drop in attendance this season.

6. bbwavefan

bbwavefan Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the only game I'm missing this year. But yeah, can't find the figure anywhere. Definitely wasn't a bad crowd though. If I had to guess, it was somewhere around 5,000 or so. Definitely a step up from the home opener last year which drew in the low 3,000s.

Wave Fan repped this.
  7. Wave Fan

Wave Fan Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Club:
    Charlotte Eagles
    I agree, the place was really loud last night! I organized a group of about 80 from our soccer program and we were part of the human tunnel before the game. To be honest it may have been one of the biggest non-playoff crowds I've ever seen there (and I don't count the A-Rodg game.)

8. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you go to the site you can click on the final score and get the game stats

9. Wave Fan

Wave Fan Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Club:
    Charlotte Eagles
    Maybe it's just taking them a while to update, but the stats page for that game is blank.

10. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is.

They're not using PointStreak this year. Apparently eliminating that budget line item.

And Milwaukee's PR person is not going to make the hall of fame in that profession.

11. Wave Fan

Wave Fan Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Club:
    Charlotte Eagles
    Love the fact that according to the stat sheet Oliviero spent 318 minutes in the penalty box in the game lol!

12. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which would be, like, a record or something.

13. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Wave Fan

Wave Fan Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Club:
    Charlotte Eagles
    Got that Lewis, but nowhere on there is attendance listed...Oliviero apparently was in the penalty box for 318 minutes in that game and if GKM = Goal Keeper Minutes than Waltman was in goal for 6,107 minutes in the game, or over 100 hours.

15. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    He beat the record from 11/3. For some reason in Dallas the scoreboard showed 240 minutes for penalties instead of 2. But at least they let them out at 238 (for good behavior I imagine).

GoStorm repped this.
  16. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    ok just to argue = Maybe they just forgot to put the decimal point in? They did put in a 6th attacker correct?? Waltman did not play the WHOLE game and he did play in ovvertime sooooo with that being said maybe just maybe he played 61.07 minutes?? and they did not have room?? just asking??
    As far as Olivero WOW he should just bring a comfortable chair to games if he is going to be in the PB that much hahahahahahahaha

17. Max F.

Max F. Member

May 25, 2012
    Syracuse, New York
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    http://misl.uslsoccer.com/stats/2012-2013/3498395.html

This is the 11/11 game referenced earlier. If you go to individual team pages on misl.uslsoccer.com you can see most recent game results listed on the right. If you click the corresponding stats link you get what looks to be a score sheet. These are updated REALLY SLOW (like two or 3 days later) at the time of this posting no attendance figure is listed in the above link

The rochester home opener however does have attendance listed. (seen here: http://misl.uslsoccer.com/stats/2012-2013/3498393.html)

18. bbwavefan

bbwavefan Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Attendance has actually been updating on the scoresheets rather quickly (usually in a matter of hours). But still no figure for the Wave game yesterday.

19. bbwavefan

bbwavefan Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    5,199 for the Wave home opener yesterday. That's a 65% improvement over last year's opener (3,148) which was the same weekend in November at the same time (and both were non-Packer Sundays). Good to see. Hopefully it becomes a trend.

Through 2 weeks...
    Rochester - 1 game - 5,316 average
    Milwaukee - 1 game - 5,199 average
    Missouri - 1 game - 5,126 average
    Baltimore - 3 games - 4,222 average
    Syracuse - 2 games - 3,437 average
    Wichita - 2 games - 2,550 average
    Chicago - 0 games - N/A
    Overall - 10 games - 4,028 average

20. bbwavefan

bbwavefan Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wave only had 3 regular season home dates in 2011-12 with higher attendances than last night's - 12/31 v. Baltimore (5,304), 1/29 v. Syracuse (Tozer's 700th) (5,416), and the finale against Missouri (5,964).

21. bbwavefan

bbwavefan Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, the largest crowd Milwaukee has drawn for an opener since 2006 (11/04/06 v. Chicago Storm- 5,593).

22. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trivia: last time the Blast didn't lead their league in average attendance, who did?

23. bbwavefan

bbwavefan Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My guess was going to be Philadelphia, but I see that's wrong. Wouldn't have gotten the correct answer without a few guesses at least...

24. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I seen that thats is a major typo mabe the attendance was 6,107

25. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008