MISL Attendance 2012-2013

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by kenntomasch, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Scooge

Scooge Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Big Sky Country
    Club:
    Portland MLS
    And what's the alternative, Kenn? Personally travel to every game and do a physical count by hand? For the average fan on this board who buys tickets, attends games, buys merchandise, watches online, etc, there is no other source of information.

I respect everyone who is actually "in the business" or has tight connections to the game, including Syd V., Art K., Tom H., Rich P. and you, Kenn, but, seriously, some of the demeaning comments against the average fan on this forum makes you look like a grumpy old men that wishes for 1984 again.

bbwavefan has just taken what was given to him and trying to make sense of it. It's the same thing you do on your blog. No difference.

Sorry, but the negativity here gets to be a little too much sometimes.

2. bbwavefan

bbwavefan Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where in my post did I say that I thought that was 100% accurate? And where did I make any sort of comment that gave you any indication of whether I know how the business works or not? All I did was post some information on announced attendance figures. You've done that at points in this thread as well. Heck, you started the thread. So I guess that's cute too. And I guess you have no idea how the business works either. Since we both did the exact same thing. Please, don't go putting words in my mouth and then criticizing things I never said or alluded to. I'm posting announced attendance figures because that's all we have to go on. Seriously, what would you want me to use?

But now that you bring it up, I will comment. Anyone that's been to Wave games this year can tell you that there has been a HUGE increase in attendance. Is it to the point of a 28% increase? Maybe not, but it's probably pretty close. I'm not sure where it came from out of nowhere, but it did happen.

PepsiAddict, cardshopmd and GoStorm repped this.
  3. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    To be fair you said this:
    Do you live in Milwaukee and go to games? Yes, the numbers they are reporting are accurate. There is absolutely zero inflation going on with the Wave's numbers. If you've been to games this year, you would see that, so my only guess is you haven't.

And later you said this:

8,009 announced but there were not that many in the building. I'd guess around 6,500 or so. Still a very nice crowd nonetheless.

4. bbwavefan

bbwavefan Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't even find that first post. You must have done a lot of digging to get that one haha.

5. puma10

puma10 Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Rockford
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I normally don't agree with you and Kenn, but on this point you guys are right on. I have a lot of out door soccer friends who will not go to an indoor game. I don't understand why! :cool:

6. PepsiAddict

PepsiAddict Member

Dec 30, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're probably the same people that say indoor box lacrosse (NLL) isn't real lacrosse like outdoor is. Some "purists" will never be happy. At least we know better right? ;-)

7. Mustang2016

Mustang2016 Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Does anyone know an exact number for the attendance in Chicago last night? Considering the circumstances, it didn't look too bad on the feed.

8. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was there and counted everyone in the stands 148.

9. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So they beat out the Chicago Riot home game that went directly against the Super Bowl. I think about 85-90 people were at that Riot game.

10. Mustang2016

Mustang2016 Member

Oct 20, 2012
    What was the attendance in Baltimore last night? The lower bowl was fairly packed.

11. Dave K

Dave K Member

Jan 9, 2000
    Gloucester, NJ

12. Blastnut2

Blastnut2 Member

Feb 25, 2008
    5308 based on boxscore on MISL site.

13. bbwavefan

bbwavefan Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    7,518 in Milwaukee today. Another very nice crowd.

Joey Tee repped this.
  14. spinman

spinman Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Kansas City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will be interested to see what kind of crowd the Comets and Blast pull in for this Championship final. I will also be interested to see if the Comets can handle the Blast. Wave and Comets has been a pretty even series over the regular season and post season the last couple years. While the Blast on the other hand has handled the Comets with regularity.

The loss of Gonzaga is huge for the Blast, vice versa the addition of Kante has been massive for the Comets.

15. powerplay13

powerplay13 Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I think the Comets will draw between 4500 and 5000. The Blast I believe will draw 6500 or more. They did draw over 10,000 for the 2011 champioship game, so you never know.

The Comets have been hot and cold all year, but looks like they got their act together. Should be a great championship series. Could easily go to the mini. May the best team win it all!

16. The Stever

The Stever Member

Dec 4, 2003
    Well, not to be selfish or anything, but I am probably not the only Chicagoan who would probably consider selling my Soul (what a terrible pun) to turn back time to 1992... when the NPSL defending (world indoor) champion CHICAGO POWER were riding their all-time high... best record in the league... sponsorship and ticket sales growing exponentially... and it all started to go in the toilet one fateful night (NPSL playoffs) in Detroit... Rockers had 4 penalty minutes, Power had closer to 32.... hmmm. Game. Set. Match. Two dismal seasons followed, and we were kaput (the moving vans came one night and headed for Edmonton).

17. StormFire

StormFire Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Chicago
    If I recall correctly, that team was 30-10 in the regular season and the Power lost its first playoff series 2-1 to the Rockers with all three games being blowouts. That was terrible/painful. Man that was a good team.

And speaking of that team, anybody know what ever happened to goalie Russ Prince? He looked like he was headed towards a solid career and then he just (to me) fell off the soccer map.

18. HollandsComet

HollandsComet Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Raytown, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    5,297 for Game 1 tonight at the IEC. Pretty impressive for an unexpected game on a weeknight on four days' notice going up against the Big 12 Tournament downtown (and K-State playing) at the same time...

Scooge repped this.
  19. HollandsComet

HollandsComet Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Raytown, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at the game, and the Comets didn't handle the Blast--the Blast handled THEM. I don't know if it was the white uniforms, but it just seemed like Baltimore was bigger and faster than the Comets--it was as if they were using a 7TH attacker in the first half. To their credit, the Comets hung around and made a game of it for a while in the 2nd half, but they were no match for the Blast tonight.

20. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well done by the Comets. Solid franchise. Perfect building for this sport now. They've done a nice job. Slowly building from the small core of solid teams.

Scooge and Joey Tee repped this.
  21. MizzouMan22

MizzouMan22 Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Fans showed up, unfortunately the Comets players did not.

22. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dont expect that in Baltimore I know the games will be close I just pray we dont see a mini game

23. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You just said you didn't think it would go to a mini-game.