Miralem Pjanic

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, Nov 2, 2012.

1. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The thing that bothers me the most with all the grief people have been giving Tach is that he's actually been one of the only players to actually do what he is directed to do under Zeman.

The worst part of last night was Pjanic actually for once looked like he was going to be playign in the front three when he took of Lamela, but then Destro did a Destro. In the 4 man Midfield we then switched to with him in a way more advanced role, he was fantastic.

Pjanic doesnt have the legs to play Regista and that alone is why I hope we never see him there.

2. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    That was quite a let down. I was excited to see Pjanic come on for all those reasons. However I had wanted to see Zeman introduce him instead of Totti. Not that I wanted Totti out, I probably wouldn't have subbed Totti last night. But in the sense that Zeman seems to see removing Totti as a way to get Destro minutes. Where as I'd like to see him acting as if Pjanic is Totti's substitute.

To me as of today, and perhaps certain players will win me over, but as of today I think this is the ideal Roma with Zeman:

Totti - Osvaldo - Lamela​
    (Pjanic) - (Destro) - (Lopez)​
    Florenzi - Tachtsidis - De Rossi​
    (Marquinho) - (De Rossi) - (Bradley)​
    It's almost two players per role and everyone has a defined role, which is something I'm a firm believer in. I don't think introducing Pjanic or Destro one game in one position and another game in another position helps anyone out.​
    ** Keep in mind this formation assumes De Rossi to play like he should otherwise Bradley replaces him. **​

wm72 repped this.
  3. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I was so upset when Destro got that card.

I will say this the 4 man midfield we switch too was fun to watch, since Pjanic really didnt have any defensive responsibilities and was in somewhat of a free role.

4. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Yeah it was. I think ideally Pjanic would be at home sitting at the top of a nice diamond midfield.

5. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Sorry, my Playstation doesn't like Pjanic playing at Regista either. We had a long talk about this late night, it ended amicably with me selling Pjanic and buying Ilicic. What a win buy that was.

6. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    DDR you act like calcio is brain surgery. He is 22 years old he can learn something different, not everything is so set in stone

Andreas repped this.
  7. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    him not playing regista is set in stone.

8. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Unfortunately so

9. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I don't think football is brain surgery. But I don't see any logic in your reasoning. I'm sorry but it's flawed. You haven't even given any reasons to support an arguement.

You do realize that in the last match that both Pjanic and Tachtsidids played that Tachtsidis made more accurate passes, more passes, more tackles, committed less fouls, and turned over less balls that Pjanic?

The only reason I see from you is a desperation to slot a more popular name into a position. Give me something of substance and maybe you will win me over. Right now you haven't done that.

10. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Although your facts may be accurate it is not fair to judge because of the minutes played and the structure of the team compared to having 10 and 11 men.

Pjanic's passing ability is much better. He is faster than Tachtsidis. Often shows much better vision. He has better control of his attitude.

11. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Those stats are from the match against Udinese, not last night. So it's not comparing 11 to 10 men.

Right now statistically Tachtsidis makes more accurate passes than Pjanic. Yes Pjanic is faster but I don't think he offers anything more defensively. Tachtsidis is stronger than him and I believe that outweighs an speed gains. Shows better vision seems debatable Roma with Tachtsidis as regista has the best attack in Serie A so his vision can't be that flawed. Finally one could retort the attitude agreement by saying that Pjanic has no character and disappears in two out of three games, as was evident after a season under Luis Enrique.

12. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    you're comparing players in different positions of course they are going to have different passing statistics. It's my opinion, it's based on the qualities I see in Pjanic and what I don't like in Tachtsidis.

13. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I see no sleekness in the way Tach plays and I think he is quite sloppy in his play

14. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    This comment is completely false.

15. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    your face is false

va il totti, decola and Andreas repped this.
  16. iGiallorossi

iGiallorossi Member+

Oct 4, 2010
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Surely your opinion is biased and flawed then? You have to remember Tachtsidis was the only player Zeman specifically asked for. So Zeman must see the qualities in Tachtsidis that he wants and I think Zeman's opinion and experience means he knows what he wants more than you do.

I really don't understand what people have against the guy, he's only 21 and is coping particularly well in one of Zeman's most important positions.

17. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    DUH of course it is biased. It's my opinion. Zeman knows better but it's what I think would be best due to the difference in attributes between players. I think it is worth at least a try

18. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I personally don't think Pjanic fits Roma. Not that he's a bad player, I've watched him for years and this is just silly. I hope Spurs come back in for him in January as I think he'd fit what AVB is trying to do better than Zeman. Then Roma can use that money to by a proper center back.

If Spurs don't sign Moutinho in January which is unlikely because they rarely sell in Jan, then I think we'll offer around £15m (€18m) which every cent should go to a new CB. I think Pjanic declined in the summer because he couldn't anticipate how Zeman would play, we'll see if he's changed his mind in a couple of months.

19. forza venti

forza venti Member

Jul 23, 2006
    MI
    Club:
    AS Roma
    It's unfortunate that there isn't a great "need", position wise that Pjanic, given our current player situation. I'd love to see him get more time, as I think he has a lot to offer, and a lot of growing to do. He looked hungry when he came in vs. Palermo for those few minutes... forcing Ujkani to make a couple of good saves with his free kick and shot after the corner.

20. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I would say that it IS fortunate there isn't a great need position wise.

va il totti and DDR repped this.
  21. forza venti

forza venti Member

Jul 23, 2006
    MI
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Heh, absolutely! I think you know what I was trying to say ;)

22. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I hope it makes him better and pushes him to the next level; If he really has what it takes I don't see an issue why he can't be used in Totti's position if and when he is hurt, as an intermedio, or as I personally believe a regista. He is a young guy and hopefully this competition makes him better.

23. AStacks90

AStacks90 Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    What qualities typically associated with a regista does Tachtsidis have that Pjanic is lacking?

24. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Better question: What qualities typically associated with a regista does Tachtsidis have that De Rossi is lacking? Someone needs to explain to me why our world class midfielder can't be a regista. Vision? Creativity? Passing? What is it that De Rossi lacks that he can't play as the CDM?

25. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    He holds the ball for too long. And misses too many long balls.