Mikkel Diskerud can choose US or Norway NT [R] includes NT results

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by USvsIRELAND, Mar 29, 2008.

1. usry723

usry723 Member+

Aug 14, 2008
    Georgia, USA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. ckl26

ckl26 Member+

Jul 21, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Great job!

3. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @miklagard Great goal, very well placed. Always telling my sons to shoot for the corners, and I'll show them your goal as proof.

One question, is there any significance to you of your jersey number, "42"? Sorry if it's already been asked.

4. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess I could tolerate the Fijians instead of the Tahitians. As long as the embassy is on those stilts out on the water, I'm good.

5. FlipsLikeAPancake

Jul 6, 2010
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe and Everything.

CTS26, Padinho1989, Gorky and 1 other person repped this.
  6. miklagard

miklagard Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Club:
    Stabaek IF
    Yes "there are". Threefold(ed). There is this place in Phoenix, there is a book, and there is this myth (-however my reality).

Reg. the goal you are referring to - some men from the press told me afterwards that the clip from the goal reminded them of Mario Kempes, and wanted my response. I didn't understand what they meant. So I went home and looked it up. Saw some Mario Kempes clips on youtube. I "advice" you and your son to do the same. Great stuff. And much better when you teach or motivate your son than showing him clips of me. That does not mean I am not doing everything I can to close some of the gap between future youtube experiences you may have with the two of us. At least MK shouldn't be able to move even further ahead - any longer.:unsure:
    I "don't mind the gap" - but I'll try to "mend the gap" (at least some of it)

Dervos repped this.
  7. miklagard

miklagard Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Club:
    Stabaek IF
    Good luck today guys. Let us show them once again. This could be epic.
    'Cause another dos a cero, our way, would make fans and followers divide into two main groups. Either superstitious or suspicious. You?

NMMatt and irish56 repped this.
  8. NMMatt

NMMatt Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Don't care which it is... Dos a Cero 30 minutes in.

9. FW__

FW__ Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hmm...if we're playing this game, as a native Floridian, I'll see your team, and raise you a team of Alejanndro Bedodya, Julian Green, Eddie Johnson, Graham Zusi, Dax McCarty, Zac MacMath, Nathan Sturgis, Eric Miller, Joe Gyau.

10. ckl26

ckl26 Member+

Jul 21, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  11. usry723

usry723 Member+

Aug 14, 2008
    Georgia, USA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. ckl26

ckl26 Member+

Jul 21, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Why?
    In Europe he'll face better competition, make more money and be closer to most of his friends/family/home.

13. USA All DAY

USA All DAY Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They need to show some respect to the mixmaster. He is the best player on that squad. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. I really really really wanna see mix in Brazil because he deserves it but if he doesn't get playing time it might effect jk choice.

ckl26 and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  14. usry723

usry723 Member+

Aug 14, 2008
    Georgia, USA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because I'm a selfish person that wants to watch him every match.
    The benches are harder to sit on in Norway than they are in America?
    Have you seen the contracts that USMNT players are getting?
    Home is where you make it. Facebook is for friends and family.

15. ckl26

ckl26 Member+

Jul 21, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    In Europe he'll face better competition because Mix in all likelihood will move to another league in Europe...one that's better then the Norwegian League and MLS. Think France, the Netherlands or Belgium.

Highly doubt he'd get a contract like Edu, Jones, Dempsey or Bradley...he's not going to get a DP contract. Mix is one of my favorite players but the only ones abroad who could probably get such a thing are Fabian, Cameron, Chandler, Bedoya, Jozy, and AJ because they've proven it in top 10 leagues.

Mix is one of if not Rosenborg's best player(s)...this is only the second match of the season and he scored last match.

16. DKutulsa

DKutulsa Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Wasnt Mix already in talks over a DP contract last year with Portland but the negotiations fell through over certain clauses? MLS front office doesnt want players to have any bargaining power.

17. ckl26

ckl26 Member+

Jul 21, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    "There have been various reasons given as to why the Timbers move didn't pan out. Most media reports pointed to Portland's owner Merritt Paulson being unwilling to give Diskerud a Designated Player deal..."

Further info:
    "In MLS, you have a group of owners that collectively have ruled it unacceptable for example for people like me to join one specific MLS team only, and with a right to continue a career in Europe after let's say three years depending on the player's choice," Diskerud explained.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/66/u...rud-talks-about-us-future-and-failed-portland

18. DKutulsa

DKutulsa Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I think that the actual salary wasnt the problem, it was the DP slot. They had to choose between Valeri or Mix and Valeri wasnt the one in need of special clauses.

19. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not a good time to get benched. After his first season of acclimation I expected Mix to be a sure fire starter this season.

Hard to see why he isn't starting(based on my rating of him). But that's soccer(life).

20. ckl26

ckl26 Member+

Jul 21, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Paulson valued Valeri higher according to that article. Regardless of the salary (which can be debated if an MLS side would actually give him a DP slot), Mix doesn't seem too keen on the idea of only having to choose between one MLS team assigned by the owners and being caught in a vice should he want to return to Europe (also hinted at in the article).

Aside from that Mix, has a ton of growing/development left, and much of that is probably best accomplished in a top 10 league. For example, I think Mix is one of our most technical players, however I think he may struggle with the pace of play at times when he gets in dangerous positions around the 18. First example that comes to mind is versus S. Korea when he sort of squandered that chance in the box. In the MLS he's not going to really see his pace of play improve (imo) to the amount it would if he were to play in a more competitive league like Ligue 1 or the Bundesliga.

21. an1310

an1310 Member+

Jun 2, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    The conspiratorial part of me wonders if this benching is due to Mix's unhappiness regarding the Ukraine friendly. The highlights, available on RBK's site, showed quite a number of midfield mistakes that lead to counterattacks. So perhaps Mix gets his spot back this next game.

22. ckl26

ckl26 Member+

Jul 21, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
  23. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tom Collingsworth, Winoman and Sup Bro repped this.
  24. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is weird. He's too good not to start.

25. MLSFan123

MLSFan123 Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Boston Area
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I understand the first part of his concern but I don't understand the second part. Once he finishes up his contract, he is free to go where ever he wants. I don't see why it is a vice.

If Portland could have some how fit him in, watching him play week in and weeke out with Valeri and Nagbe would have been wonderful.