Mid-East News II

Discussion in 'International News' started by Ismitje, Mar 16, 2012.

1. valanjak

valanjak BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    Indeed extremely sad but it's troubling that majority of acid throwing attacks are targeted towards women in Islamic nations . I know Iranian women have been victims many times . During the early days of the regime after the revolution in 1979 regime thugs threw acid at those who refused to wear the mandatory hijab . The regime managed to successfully enforce a new dress code in just a few days by intimidating and creating fear amongst Iranian women by using tactics like acid throwing.

2. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I have a hard time wrapping my head around the whole concept of throwing acid on people. Really it's the evil shit anybody does but this goes beyond cruel. Some of her ex husbands quotes were pathetic.

3. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I wonder what certain Iranian-Americans who are more Catholic than the Pope, and more American then Apple Pie, think about the Iraqi woman getting killed in California for simply looking Middle Easterner. I wonder if they actually think the attacker would have differentiated between them and the other Iranians, saying "oh you know what, you're the good token Iranian , you're Persyiaaaaaaaan, how can I harm you". :rolleyes:

4. valanjak

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    Well it's just part of being brainwashed into believing that women are inferior humanbeings and it also has to do with a extreme part of religion. Some people in that part of the world are so brainwashed and easily influenced that they would do some horrific acts thinking they are actually doing a good deed. It's scary and sad that in this day & age some people still have a medieval mentality.

5. Iranianfootie

Iranianfootie Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This hasn't been ignored by the media in the US actually. It's just that the media here is totally focused on the killing of a teenagers in Florida. El Cajon is very close to where I live too. There is a large Arab, particularly Iraqi and Northern African immigrants there.

6. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Don't be naive, there is always something more important to focus on. If this woman was the attacker, and not the victim, you'd have politicians of all stripes, condemning it and making speeches about it on TV. It wouldn't be just local news. Unfortunately though, the world is a jungle where some people's blood is less valuable than other's.

7. Iranianfootie

Iranianfootie Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I do agree that if the woman was the attacker, then yes, politicians of all stripes would be condemning it but it still probably wouldn't trump the Trayvon Martin case. This case reached critical mass before the Iraqi murder case and continues to be front page news.

8. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is the story that was on CNN

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/27/justice/california-immigrant-death/index.html?iref=allsearch

9. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least Mani provided a source and a link to show why children may be targeted, you however just post a one liner with a picture.

The idea of this board is to present your argument with reputable sources to back up your assertions. If you don't agree with a post, provide some substance to back up your position.

I would be happy to debate the topic with you, but you are going to have to be agreeable and actually debate the topic.

10. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the article:
    Still if true I find it as reprehensible as the actions by the syrian govt. to round up children as they are now.

Mani I have to ask, you state it is wahabis, yet the articles I have read, including this one don't state anything about wahabis, they do say the Free Syrian army which is made up of syrians and many of them are syrian army defectors. What makes you so certain that it is wahabists that are behind all the unrest in syria? While I am sure that SA is supplying some arms to these people, it appears that Turkey are the ones providing the most support and I wouldn't exactly call Turkey wahabists....

And for the record, I do not want wahabists to gain control in syria, I have no love for them and feel they are a major reason for unrest in the ME.

11. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I complained? I simply stated that: 1) The story was in the news and 2) The story took place in US.

You are the one who jumped the gun to imply something without cause. I'm also fairly certain that people have posted stuff relevant to Pakistan and Afghanistan in the first part of this thread, so I ignored the minor geographical nuances.

12. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Here you go
    this is all you need to know about Syria. Everything else is irrelevant. You guys can't differentiate between an Indian and a Middle Easterner, but you all love to act as know it alls.

13. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Not speaking for Iranians, but I think that the general consensus among the victim's neighbors, the authorities & those who have read the story (which was widey reported, despite your assertions to the contrary), is that this attack, inside her home, was NOT a sectarian or bias crime, and that the purported note is a red herring.
    El Cajon, with more than 100,000 people, averages two homicides and 1 hate crime annually. While it's always possible that the annual hate crime doubled as a murder, it's unlikely. Even if that does does turn out to be the case, there's NO indication, that it would be symptomatic of any societal problem with Middle Easterners.
    There are thousands of Iraqis doing well there:
    http://www.10news.com/news/25201935/detail.html
    I'm sure you know better, from your perch 12,000 kilometers away.
    http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/shaima-alawadys-murder/0019058
    "the conversation began first with prayers for the family and outrage at this religiously motivated attack, and then the disheartening realization that there was always a possibility it could have been a domestic assault staged to look like something else. ...
    Was this a case of Islamophobia or domestic violence? ... Shaima would be the first Muslim woman to be murdered in the United States in a hate crime. However, if this turns out to be a domestic assault, then it would not be the first time a Muslim woman has been killed by her husband here in the U.S. The big question for Muslims is this: which, for our community, is worse?"

14. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See here is the problem, what you posted, is to me anyway, just your biased thoughts on arabs.

Sorry if I am not buying into your beliefs here, and for the record I can differentiate between a multitude of peoples.

As for the statement about acting like know it alls, you pretty much described yourself here.

Look, this isn't that hard to grasp, if you want to speak with me on the topics raised, be sure to have a source handy and something solid to backup your assertions. I am not going to just take you at your word here.

15. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. valanjak

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    I wonder what certain Canadian-Iranian members who are more extremist than the regime in Iran and who are more Islamic than the ayatollahs think about Iranian women in Iran who are being herassed on a daily basis because of the regime hating their cloths , views and beliefs . Or are they just more concerned about injustices happening elsewhere and not in Iran ?

17. mak9

mak9 Member

May 21, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    :rolleyes:

it's good stuff

nothing shoots up my testosterone level faster than a woman wearing tight clothing, specifically blue jeans

the modest clothing law really helps people like me who have high testosterone problems
    keeps us from going crazy

18. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I just came across this really interesting Israeli documentary by a Jewish Israeli director, which takes on some of the controversial issues that Iranian Monitor always talks about, in regards to the conduct of the pro-Israeli lobbies and organizations in the US.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPWgMqQkydE"]True Stories Defamation (What is anti-Semitism today) - YouTube[/ame]

19. valanjak

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    I'm just happy to see sanctions hurting the regime in Iran . The regime and some Iranians like to protray to the outside world that Iran's economy is strong and that sanctions have no effect but the reality is different . I remember about 4 years ago Iran Monitir made a post about how Iran's economy is going to grow tremendously year after year but I guess he didn't expect sanctions to have this much of a effect lol . I just hope within a year the US enforces a complete air and land embargo of Iran and ban any import/export . I believe the US is the only country in the world that's capable of enforcing this and Iran won't be a match to fight back . I fully support harsher tougher sanctions and I hope there is much more to come to stop this regime from building an atomic bomb . The last thing the world needs is bunch turban headed Islamic terrorists with the bomb . [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zsi4lcEKy30&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Breakingviews: Oil sanctions serious blow to Iran - YouTube[/ame]

20. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Actually, the sanctions have proven to be a doubled-edged sword for the imposers, and is hurting them too. Here is Reuters' new analysis on the issue:

Iran sanctions drive up oil prices, hurting global economy

21. valanjak

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    The Obama administration has so far played its Iran card beautifully. They gave the mullahs the chance to join the free world and to become a normal country and part of the international community but the mullahs refused and they are now paying the price . The Obama administration played its cards so beautifully that if the US decided to attack Iran tommorow most nations would support the US. At this point Obama needs to keep talking sanctions and not war because war talk raises oil prices as sanctions have no effect on oil prices since Iran wasn't a major player and Saudi Arabia is able to pick up production and soon Libya will bring back it's production to normal levels and Iraq is also improving its oil production so it's obvious the world no longer needs Iranian oil . Here is a intresting article about oil prices dropping down to a 6 week low because of less war talk
    http://m.theaustralian.com.au/busin...-iran-fears-ease/story-e6frg91x-1226314124819. Most economic experts believe oil prices have hit its peak and will go down which is bad news for the mullahs and regime supporters.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20120330/oil-prices/

22. mak9

mak9 Member

May 21, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here's one by dutch news channel VPRO
    they make a lot of good documentaries, especially on economics

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N294FMDok98"]The Israel Lobby (Marije Meerman, VPRO Backlight 2007) - YouTube[/ame]

23. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    "Six-week low " prices which are still two-years high. :))

24. valanjak

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    Even Azarbaijan is now joining the international community against Iran which only illustrates the fact the terrorist Islamic regime in Iran is more isolated than ever before . Azarbaijan is even going as far as to help Israel use its airbase to attack the terrorists in Iran .
    http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-n...is-israel-s-secret-staging-round-against-iran

25. valanjak

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    Peugeot which is one of the most popular cars in Iran has decided to limit it's activity with regime thugs . I think this is good news because the mullahs were making millions by ripping off Iranians and selling them strip down models of various Peugeot models with little or no safety at a premium price.
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/af...ocId=CNG.0e8245b4a9983cb3754c5550c285f178.501