Mid-East News II

Discussion in 'International News' started by Ismitje, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To say that is appalling would be grossly understating how horrific this is.

I am against any US military intervention, but that statement right there is enough to make me reconsider that choice.

2. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is none of our business. While it would be gratifying to see Boy Assad hanging from a lamppost, why get involved in a civil war on a country that these days has little to no effect on the United States

3. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we both agree with you. Doesn't make that man any less evil. Who the ******** tortures children?

4. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What Tom said. As a Father myself I can never condone what assad is doing to children and it does make me want to take action. But the reality is that as you said it isn't our business and if anything it should be the arab league that handles this, or Turkey. I think it is likely to be Turkey in some capacity as they are providing a place for Syrian Free Army and other groups to meet in safety.

5. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Far too many people. Not just Boy Assad.

6. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True. Syria isn't the only country with sick bastards in charge.

Doing it on an industrial scale and not even caring if UN monitors call you out on it is pretty impressive though.

7. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    you guys are just :rolleyes:
    the bull shit you believe in is ********ing mind boggling

8. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    In related news, Security Council, in response to Syria's horrific treatment of its own peopke, passes a resolution condemning Israel...

1 person likes this.
  9. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really? Well then I am sure you must have something to refute the story and the UN official right?

10. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    No the story is right, Syrian officials are systematically targetting children

[​IMG]

11. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They've already systematically shelled multiple cities into the ground and killed thousands of their own unarmed civilians. What makes you think they wouldn't use psychological warfare (like, say, rounding up everyone's kids and sending ears home as a threat to behave)?

Assad (just like his dad) has proven that human suffering means NOTHING to him. There's just about nothing he could do that would surprise me at this point.

12. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    OMG how many times do I have to repeat this, you guys simply don't understand the realities of these Arab countries. Arab countries are tribal and secterian societies. Loyalty is based on tribe and religious sect. On top of that, many of these countries were simply drawn on a map after the Ottoman Empire collapsed. So, they're neither loyal to each other nor are their borders really based on past historical loyalties.

Think about Syria, Saudi Arabia etc... as continents and the different tribes as little countries inside the continent. From the day one dictator pops up in one of these countries, all the other tribes and sects start sharpening their stick to change the status quo. You say Assad should step down and stop killing. Who do you think he's killing? He's killing the Wahabi and sunni extremists that would be killing the alawites and Christians if it had the power. It's a jungle and you're bringing morality into it. The problem is something else. These Arab countries have proven unable to drop the tribal system as Iran and Turkey did a century ago. The countries are also based on the drawings of some brit on a map. You say Assad is a brutal and evil human being with no conscience, I am telling you that he is a man doing the only thing that he can to save the people that depend on him.

If tomorrow KSA goes bankrupt and oil money stop flowing in, you're gonna see another Libya, Syria, Yemen, Iraq... Assad or no Assad, killing will not stop. Iran's position is simple: keep the secular dictator in and don't let the wahabi/salafi sunni radicals get power. This is in everybody's interest. However, the thought of Iran becoming weaker is just too mouth watering for USrael. When these extremists are massacring the 'kafir' Christians tomorrow, don't say I didn't warn you.

13. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Here is a possible reason why children are getting killed in this conflict. The Wahabis are as much to blame for it as the Assad regime.

Syrian opposition uses child-soldiers – report

14. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Here is a short documentary highlighting Iran's scientific and research developments in the previous Persian calendar year. I strongly recommend watching this clip for those here who underestimate Iran's capabilities, and put Iran in the same category as North Korea or Saddam-era Iraq, and assume that Iran will be an easy nut to crack with sanctions and threats.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlodBvCs5UE"]A Review of Iran's Scientific Achievement in 1390-Iran Today-03-27-2012 - YouTube[/ame]

15. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  16. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Here is another sad story. An Iraqi woman getting beaten to death in daylight, in California of all places. A hate crime that CNN and FOX News just ignored.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrnMYg62boM"]Muslim Woman Beaten to Death in Possible Hate Crime (California) - She Died on March 24th 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

17. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
  18. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Yes, and last time I checked, Iraq was a part of the Middle East, and Pakistan wasn't. So it would appear that you're the one who needs to take a geography class. ;)

19. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well last I checked the USA wasn't in the middle east yet you saw it fit to post a link to a crime there.

20. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    A hate crime against an Iraqi woman. Iraqi and hate are the keywords that you left out, conveniently I must say. My post is at least 50% related to the Middle East, it involves a native of tthe Middle East region getting beaten to death for being a Middle Easterner, yasik19's post, however, has 0% relevance to the Middle East.

21. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Whatever. Maybe the poor woman in Yasik's post had a cousin that had a nephew that......had visited the middle east. See I did it too, now it's relevant:) Oh and has already been pointed out, that story was all over the news as well.

22. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    And I didn't actually complain about yasik19's post. He, ironically I must say, complained about mine. And I gave him the appropriate response and pointed out the hypocrisy in his complaint.

23. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Edit: not worth my time

24. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Watching you and the rest of the Persian/Iranian posters bicker amongst yourselves makes me take the above comment with a grain of salt. Any thoughts on the link Yasik or Mani posted or are you just here to toss about insults?

1 person likes this.