Mid-East News II

Discussion in 'International News' started by Ismitje, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who knows what will happen. I am sure it will impact some trade that the US has with India.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-03-15/u-s-may-sanction-india-over-level-of-iran-oil-imports.html

http://zeenews.india.com/news/natio...t-india-s-trade-with-iran-krishna_778994.html

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/indias-april-iran-oil-imports-plunge-34-pct-vs-marchtrade/947218/
    Interesting, say one thing do another?
    http://www.indianexpress.com/news/india-obeys-us-on-iran-cuts-oil-imports/946821/

2. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There isn't a single shred of evidence produced anywhere to show any involvement by NATO in syria let alone them sending in troops or people to commit atrocities. Yet there is evidence to show these artillery attacks being conducted by syrian armed forces against their own towns as has happened since the start of the uprising against assad. And has been shown by BBC among other news outlets that the shabiha have been committing acts of terror and war crimes against civilians, women and children and they have been id'ed by survivors of these attacks.

3. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/wor...ld-of-assads-death-squads-20120603-1zq1v.html

4. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Based on the past record of Saudi affiliated groups, and their heinous and disgusting crimes in places such as Iraq, Afghanistan and even in Baluchistan, I have virtually no doubt that massacre in Houla was their work, carried out in a manner to blame pro regime militia in Syria. The pro regime militia would gain nothing from behavior that Assad himself has described as "monstrous" but those who are tying to undermine his regime do have such incentive.

I hope those who perpetuated the crime, and their patrons, receive their just and due punishment.

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_new...ia-faces-real-war-waged-from-the-outside?lite

5. mak9

mak9 Member

May 21, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    IM you and I've talked about currencies and British involvement, so I've recently read this passage in this book that I think you and many others here would be interested in.

This is how UK/US destroyed Iran's wealth in the early 1900s:

pg. 269

http://mises.org/books/money.pdf

So given our history, why is the IRI continuing the status quo with the fictitious rial currency?

If they are so opposed to US power, why don't they revert back to the currency we've used for 2000 years?

And I hope some of the idiot shah supporters understand what reza shah did to our country in 1931.

6. mak9

mak9 Member

May 21, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Putin meeting AN in China:

http://my.news.yahoo.com/putin-meet-irans-ahmadinejad-china-123121248.html

Tentions are getting heated...

and as I predicted a few months ago

I expect July to be the month where full out war starts. It'll be the month the EU sanctions go into effect. EU market right now is a ticking timebomb and US market will be the next to get noticed on the world stage. So the possibility of a falseflag to start war--is very high in the month of July.

7. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Typical response from assad, blame outside forces yet have evidence whatsoever to back up his claims. Meanwhile I hav e posted video of assad forces committing crimes and have posted articles showing evidence of syrian artillery bombing houla and eyewitness accounts of survivors of the crimes committed by these thugs. But hey wy let simple things like evidence and facts get in the wya of propaganda.

And the real bitch of it is that I don't want wahabist scum to ake over

8. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are a bigger threat to world peace. It is a lose lose for the syrian people. Stay with a homocidal, genocidal lunatic. Or end up with a different terrorist leading group of wahabists.

9. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/04/syrian-opposition-new-coalition_n_1568410.html

10. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/05/world/meast/syria-unrest/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

11. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    The future does not look very bright for Syria.

12. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No it doesn't. They get either a homocidal dictator, or wahabi terrorists in charge. Who knows maybe the plan is to get syria, tunisa, egypt, turkey, sa, iraq, and others to be part of a new wahabi caliphate? Forgot to include pakistan in there as well.

13. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Im predicting it will escalate to civil and tribal war. Who is in power at the end is very hard to say at this juncture. Everyone wants a hand in Syria.
    But I have been wrong before.

14. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you are correct and that it already has become a civil/tribal war. There will be too many innocent deaths there.

15. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I dont think it has quite gotten to that point yet, but it probably will. A scenario where not only the opposition is fighting the regime, but all sects/tribes going at each other. And we'll see nations like Russia, USA, Turkey and Iran supporting different factions that suit their own interest.
    What a big clusterf*ck. But maybe Im a little too pessimistic.

Mr. Conspiracy repped this.
  16. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you are correct, and I can see a redux of Cold War type support for factions by the powers in the region. Syria will be a pawn of others in this war.

teammellieIRANfan repped this.
  17. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I forgot to mention the Arab league in that context, but yeah.

18. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I figured that is who you involving. I think we will see as syria falls deeper into war that Lebanon is likely to follow, or at least see major problems. I think the situation in syria needs to be brought under control before it becomes a catalyst for a bigger war.

19. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns-rt-us-syria-crisisbre84s0p0-20120529,0,1844171.story

20. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    The surest way to end the bloodshed in Syria, and avoid causing even greater humanitarian, political and economic problems for that country, is for the US, EU, Turkey and the Arab league to stop their interference in Syria and cease their actions aimed at toppling the regime of Bashar Assad. The rest of the "plans" and rhetoric from the US et al is simply a means to weaken a regime they have decided to topple.

I am glad Russia and China are showing enough spine to not let these countries rail road them into a course of conduct that is meant to merely advance a plan that reaches a fruition with complete US/Israeli hegemony over the Middle East. Regardless, however, after Hezbollah, Syria is Iran's closest ally in the Middle East. There is no way Syria will be allowed to be toppled by virtue of what amounts to nothing more than a bunch self-serving and hypocritical propaganda. Before trying to change a regime that polls show has support among the people in Syria, using Wahabi terrorist proxies and flooding that country with unearned money from Saudi Arabia, Qatar et al to buy a rebel army, and creating a safe haven for these terrorists in Turkey, all in the name of "democracy" and "human rights", the US should take some steps to acquaint its Saudi friends of these concepts. It should worry about regimes that have virtually zero popular base, such as the sunni monarchy in Bahrain, which has used foreign troops to violently quash an uprising that seeks legitimate political grievances.

The same way the US attempts to re-colonize Lebanon using the pretext of Hariri's assassination, and later through the war unleashed by Israel on that country, failed, this attempt against Syria will fail as well. The events in Syria are simply not in the genre of the other revolts and uprisings that shook the region this past year. Unlike those other revolts, this is no war of liberation. Syria is simply the counter-offensive for the US et al, to make their owns gains.

21. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    At the moment, the so-called "diplomatic" fight is centering around a Russian proposal for Iran to be included in the meetings on Syria's future, an idea which the US, EU and the Arab sheiks oppose. Their opposition is, of course, not all that surprising: their real fight is with and against Iran, not Bashar Assad. Indeed, it has really nothing to do with any "humanitarian" concern. The entire turmoil in Syria is their own work!

For those who don't follow events in the region, for several years the US, the Arab league, and Turkey, worked hard to try to convince Bashar Assad to downgrade his relations with Iran. He was offered vague promises on the Golan in return; he was promised a lot of money by the Saudis as well, while the US was there to offer him the promise of so-called 're-integration' into the world economy etc. Implicitly, and explicitly, he was told that if he refused, he would regret that move. Assad, while negotiating the issue to gain as much as he could from the negotiations, ultimately refused. Which is what led this group to take the actions they took which has plunged Syria in the turmoil we have seen.

As the issue in Syria for these countries was never about human right or humanitarian concerns, but rather about Iran, it is not surprising that they would insist that Iran should be kept out of meetings regarding Syria. Otherwise, if humanitarian concerns played any role in the equation, they would definitely want the one country that has some influence with Bashar Assad included in the talks.

http://www.expatica.com/fr/news/fre...-meet-french-uk-foreign-ministers_232370.html

22. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Am I a bad person for not really caring what happens in Syria? I mean, 10K have died, small change -- Assad's father killed twice that many in a week once. And as much as I would love to see Iran's ally fall and Assad swing from a rope, does it really matter in the end who runs Syria?

I just cannot be motivated to care.

23. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-18352281

24. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    you think your economy built on slavery and practically slave labour will last forever? lol youre in for a big surprise. then you will care.

25. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What does that even mean? And even if it means something non-delusional (i'm not holding my breath), WTF does it have to do with whether or not he cares about the specific situation in Syria?