Michael Parkhurst at Nordsjaelland (Denmark) discussion thread [R]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Hedbal, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd love to see what offers (if any) will come his way. Whatever the case; he's quietly earned it. Could a bundesliga side swoop in?? Maybe a Mainz, Freiburg, or M'gladbach or a 2nd BL team like Hertha and K'town looking to wrap up promotion? I could see him in France, as well. Maybe something along the lines of Rennes, Bordeaux, Lorient, or St. Etienne. Just throwing names out there and I have no idea, off the top of my head, any of their defensive states. I'm pretty excited to see where Parkie lands. I think it's inevitable he moves on -- if interest is there.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  2. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    You're right. These CL games have definitely helped him with exposure. Also playing on a trophy winning team adds more shine. I'd imagine transfers from DK to Germany are more popular than say DK to France.

3. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    I have looked at transfers from Superliga clubs (including their academies) the past two years ... and here are where they went (not including loan deals or moves to other clubs in Scandinavia).... it is perhaps worth mentioning that just about all players moving from Denmark to Italy are defenders :

Germany : 10 players
    Italy : 8
    Holland : 8
    England : 5
    Russia : 5
    Spain : 4
    France : 4

Real Corona, prowazekii and Winoman repped this.
  4. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    Guess who got yet another assist today? :)

Real Corona and Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  5. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jermaine Jones! ;) :D

6. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    League leading right?

7. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    If you ask me, then Parkhurst should move to Spain if he gets an offer from a La Liga team... he would fit right in there and do well... though he is not slow, he is not fast or physical enough for England, Germany I don't think is the right place for him either and frankly he is too good for Holland ... Perhaps Italy or France, if there are no La Liga teams making a bid, but really he should move to Spain for his own good... I mean, he is both younger and better than his team-mate Mtiliga who used to play for Málaga in La Liga.

8. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Superliga 2012/13, round 16 (of 33) :

FC Nordsjælland v Randers FC, 2-2 (1-1)
    0-1 Alexander Fischer (1)
    1-1 Søren Christensen (4)
    1-2 Ronnie Schwartz (72)
    2-2 Nicolai Stokholm (pen) (82)
    Lineups and match stats from Football-Lineups.com

As you probably have noticed, then FC Nordsjælland is not really a physical strong team and their tough schedule with CL and Superliga games now perhaps seem to have worn them out a bit, at least when you look at their performance in this match...

Parkhurst and young Okore did not look too good when Randers took the lead in the very first minute, and Okore made some unusual mistakes throughout this match and later told the Danish NT coach that he need some rest due to an injury, so he will not be playing for Denmark in the NT friendly this week against Turkey. Parkhurst on the other hand managed to rectify his mistake only a few minutes after Randers took the lead, when he made the assist for the equalizer.

Unfortunately for FCN, both their full backs, Parkhurst and Mtiliga, were later booked and are both serving a one-match ban in the next match against AGF Aarhus, just as FCN are also going to be missing their key offensive player Mikkel Beckmann who suffered an injury (sprained ankle) and is out for two weeks. It is still unsure if their key centre back Okore will be able to play, but FCN now do seem to suffer due to a tough schedule. The Randers players simply seemed more energetic as the match progressed and also seemed like they were going to take home the win, if not for the late penalty, that FCN captain Nicolai Stokholm was able to take advantage of. But a tough match and hard earned 2-2 result for the defending champions who are now having problems keeping up with FC København at the top of the table, while Randers really have impressed so far this season, especially considerening that they were playing 1. Division last season...

Highlights : Superliga TV

Testudo repped this.
  9. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Ceres, you might want to double-check your facts, as Parkhurst rarely fouls and certainly never gets booked. This must be a case of mistaken identity.

10. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Is there a sight in English that covers scoring/assists in the Danish league?

11. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Testudo and CDM76 repped this.
  12. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does Parkhurst have a foreign passport? I want to say he has an Irish one.

13. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Real Corona repped this.
  14. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. keller4president

Jan 5, 2006
    I think Parkie will look for one last big payday - and he will go the highest bidder. Netherlands, Belgium, second divisions of England/Germany are all possibilities. I don't think he will stay in Denmark because the higher-tax rate for natives kicks-in after five years, and he's already been there 4 years.

CDM76 repped this.
  16. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence
    Apparently the answer is yes, he is leading the league in assists.

That's quite remarkable really for a player that many US fans still seem to think is more of a CB or a purely defensive fullback.

17. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Good point. The solid CL play and Irish passport could even get a bottom half PL club to bid for him but I douby it occurs

18. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Note that he's done it at a higher rate per minute than anyone else in the top 11, the only 1 averaging more than 1 assist per 200 minutes played.

The goal he assists on is around the 0:40 mark.

19. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    ... if you click on the small arrows beside the 'Min. per assist', you will notice that the now former FC København left back Bryan Oviedo is averaging 1 assist per 130 minutes played... but then he only got to play 6 games in the Superliga this season, before was sold to Everton for around $5.7 million.

Real Corona repped this.
  20. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    FWIW, Oviedo got in for half hour today for Everton (vs. Reading) and got a so-s0 "6" from WhoScored and the same from SkySports.

21. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could Nordsjaelland offer him a nice 3 year contract on par with a lower team in a top 4 league?

22. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I'd imagie not for a nearly 30 year old defender. But even better, would he accept it?

23. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Considering that they are going to make around $18 million on playing CL group stage, they of course could afford to throw more money at their key players, to make them stay, but they have said, that they are not going to raise wages or change strategy, but stick to what they do best and use most of the CL money on youth development, now they just don't have to worry so much about money in the future....

I believe that the absolute top wages at FCN deliberately are kept at around $250k a year, and they wont change this "salary cap", because they do not want players who are only at the club to cash in and they strongly believe that their players work better as a team, if they earn just about the same. It is also their strategy to attract good players who perhaps have made a wrong turn at a bigger club or in a bigger league, often fringe NT players or former youth internationals who want a second chance to prove that they really should be playing in bigger leagues. On the other hand FCN are not going to stand in their way, if their players eventually get a good offer from a bigger club..... and you have to admit that their strategy has worked more than well so far...

24. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is a problem that is going to get worse before getting better.

25. keller4president

Jan 5, 2006
    Parkie only makes 250k/year? He could make that much in MLS, easy.