Michael Parkhurst at Nordsjaelland (Denmark) discussion thread [R]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Hedbal, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tyler storm

tyler storm Red Card

May 20, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not related to Denmark but very related to Parkhurst

him getting pwned by Neymar... is he still our future at cb?

2. jaxonmills

jaxonmills Member+

Aug 26, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That wasn't as bad as some people are making it out to be. He didn't exactly blow by Parkhurst, just got a step on him. Nice move, though.

I don't recall many people suggesting he was.

3. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are multiple USMNT forums where you can have long conversations about Parkhurst vis a vis the USMNT.

4. tyler storm

tyler storm Red Card

May 20, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they aren't specifically about him though mostly overall game analysis

5. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. tyler storm

tyler storm Red Card

May 20, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    dont hate the playa hate the game

haters gun hate

7. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, reading comprehension isn't your thing, is it? I mean if you can't find a place in the USMNT forums to talk about Parkhurst's potential as a USMNT defender nor his play in the Brazil friendly...

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  8. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go to about 3:26. Should Steve Cherundolo have been permanently dropped in 2007 because of that?

9. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Wow, a world class player was able to hit a harmless cross against him. Stop the presses.

10. tyler storm

tyler storm Red Card

May 20, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no because he assisted clint dempsey on the equalizer. Parkhurst didnt do Shite in the game on wed except getting passed up by Neymar with his skills

11. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    WrmBrnr and kool-aide repped this.
  12. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    The latest from Seltzer at No Short Corners:

Not for the first time, but Michael Parkhurst has a couple few suitors with his contract soon dwindling down to the final six months. And once again, a fraction of this interest is out of Germany. Still, FC Nordsjælland have no intention of giving him up without a fight and will probably soon initiate extension talks. I would not expect any fast movement here, largely because the Wild Tigers hold a Champions League group phase pass for the fall.

http://www.noshortcorners.com/2012/06/goodies-for-breakfast.html

13. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Shaydee

Shaydee Member

Apr 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yes. a soon to be 29 year old that plays at right back for his club is our center back of the future.

15. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    The Danish champions opened the season with a 4-0 win away at Horsens. Parkhurst wasn't in the squad, I think he is injured:

FC Nordsjælland må i Horsens undvære karantæneramte Enock Adu samt de fortsat skadede Mikkel Beckmann og Michael Parkhurst. Den gengæld er Horsens uden en meget vigtig brik, da Martin Retov er ude efter operation for sportsbrok.

http://www.nordkysten.nu/?Id=25715

16. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Parkhurst apparently still injured, as he didn't make the squad for the teams 3-1 loss to FC Midtjylland

17. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's out 2 more weeks. He's had a broken toe since March. He's been playing in pain since then

18. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    Nordsjaelland lead Silkeborg 5-0 today at halftime.

Striker Joshua John scored the 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th goals, while none other than Michael Parkhurst scored the 2nd in the 6th minute of the match.

19. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Actually, Joshua John is a winger and not a striker, but now he has scored 5 goals in the first 98 minutes he has played Superliga for FCN... You just have to admire how good FCN are at picking up players in their early 20's, usually present or former youth internationals who have made a wrong turn in their career, but with FCN usually getting the best out of them.

In the case of Joshua John, FCN discovered him when they were playing a pre-season match against Twente this summer. So they made Twente an offer of a loan deal with an option to buy later at a fixed price, which Twente agreed to. Joshua John very much liked their style of play and was more than eager to make the move, also considering that he was likely to become a regular starter for FCN. At Twente he was a classic winger, sticking to his line as he was told to do, while at FCN he is suppose to participate more in central midfield and also move into the box, so that he is both a kind of winger and striker, which seem to suit him much better... So FCN probably have struck Gold again...

As for Parkhurst, then seem to be back in top shape after his injury.. Not only did he score a goal but he also made an assist as you can see in the highlights below :

FC Nordsjælland v Silkeborg, 6-1 (5-0
    1-0 Joshua John (3)
    2-0 Michael Parkhurst (6)
    3-0 Joshua John (27)
    4-0 Joshua John (34) (assist Parkhurst)
    5-0 Joshua John (36)
    5-1 Jesper Bech (64)
    6-1 Kasper Lorentzen (78)
    Attendance: 5,013

Possession : 63% - 37%
    Lineups and match stats from Football-Lineups.com

Highlights :

20. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    Something must have gotten in the water in Denmark, because Parkhurst has scored again. This time his goal is the winner against Aarhus on the road, a 0-1 final.

21. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Whose had more success in Denmark, Parkhurst or Califf? Is there any other American who has achieved anything like they have. I don't think Goodson has been there long enough yet.

22. new_skin

new_skin Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Boston
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just from a silverware standpoint, Parkhurst has won the league title as well as two cups. He's also played in Europe, whereas I believe Califf left for MLS after AAB won the league. Califf was also his club's captain though, so I guess how you view each player's success is subjective.

23. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Oh okay thanks. I'm curious as to how they were viewed by the fans or the league in general? Player of the Season for their clubs or in the Team of the season selection?

24. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thin Heath Pearce was voted Defender of the Season once?

25. krelmatrix

krelmatrix Member+

Oct 25, 2006
    Leipzig, Germany
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure about fans, but I recently talked to a Danish journalist covering the league about Parkhurst. His impression is that Mike was not suited to play center back in Denmark and didn't perform well when he first arrived due to a general lack of physicality, however he has developed into a very good attacking right back over the last two years, and is regarded very positively. There are other players on Nordsjaelland who are more talked about (Okore being the best example) due to their age/potential, but Mike is seen as a very good player on a very good team.