Miami, Florida

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by Lucho305, Jun 30, 2010.

1. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes they are playing next year, the NASL has been "provisionally" sanctioned for next season. First game is Saturday, April 9 vs. FC Edmonton at Lockhart. They've also signed 4 players: Zach Kirby, Paulinho, Matt Glaeser and also Aaron Wheeler from Tampa Bay. There's gonna be a kit unveiling party and all that, just not right away. As we get closer and closer to the season starting up there will be more activity.

2. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tonight USA vs Chile watch parties!

Broward folks go to Kingshead Pub 2692 North University Drive, Sunrise, FL Phone 954-572-5933

Miami-Dade fans go to The Playwright 1265 Washington Ave - Miami Beach, FL Tel: 305 534-0667.

Spread the word about MLS Miami Bid website and Facebook page... Go USA!!!!!!

3. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Give up the MLS Miami crap it just makes you supporters look like whiners.

Support the Strikers.

4. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We support the Strikers in the hope that doing that will bring MLS back. Not whining, just trying our best to get what we want the only way we see that is available to us....:)

5. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not sure what you're basing that on WSW. I'm not an Ultra, but from what I've seen, they've been 100% behind the Strikers to this point. They were the ones at the meeting with Garber when he said, support the Strikers if you want to get noticed by MLS. I have a feeling the Ultras section at Lockhart this year is going to be bigger and louder then it ever was before.

6. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you for pointing that out, S & M. That simple fact seems to be something that WSW ignores completely. The Ultras, of all the people in Southeast Florida, understand that our desire for any future in MLS is coupled with the success, or failure, of the Strikers. Learn to live with the fact that his opinion, though biased and annoying, is not that important....;)

7. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, sometimes I feel bad for WSW because he takes quite a beating from some of the other posters. But I guess stuff like this is ultimately why. I'll be a couple sections over from the Ultras, and I hope you guys really expand your ranks this year in support of the Strikers and help provide a great gameday atmosphere for everyone.

8. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the problem is everybody is talking about MLS instead of focusing on Strikers, just look at all the Miami MLS blogs.

9. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No kiddin', Sherlock...:rolleyes:... Our problem is making the people here, especially the denizens of the 305, realize that. Supporting the Strikers probably will bring MLS or, at worst, a viable D2 team. Not supporting them means no MLS and, possibly, no Strikers. Nuttin', honey. Nada. To say they are being shortsighted & shooting themselves in the foot is an understatement.

Yes, most of us support the Strikers & D2 as a means of eventually getting an MLS team here. We've been told by the MLS PTB that is pretty much the only way we'll get one. Show support, get a team. Don't and we won't. Period. End of story.

The shocker is we'd love to see Tampa/ St Pete join us...:eek:...Then we'd both have some really bodacious road trips...;)

10. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Honestly, I think Tampa supporters who DO have any interest in ever having an MLS team again, would HAVE to be right behind South Floridians as the biggest rooters for the Strikers to someday reach the MLS. Considering the wildly successful rebirth of the Sounders, what looks to be like more of the same for the Whitecaps and Timbers, and the pretty much shoe in of the Cosmos for team #20, this is what is working right now. The Strikers would have to have a rival team in the Southeast. Regional rivalries are an important part of successful club soccer all over the world. Who else can the Strikers possibly have as rivals then the Rowdies?!? I'd bet dollars to donuts that IF (huge if of course) the rebrand down here is more successful then anyone hoped, and that it does indeed do what Garber himself said, which would be to get their attention at the next level, and the Strikers wind up being somewhere in the #21 - #24 range, all eyes will immediately turn to Tampa, looking for an ownership group with the right money and a stadium plan to step forward, and they'll be in like flynn right behind us.

11. Utherhimo

Utherhimo Member

Dec 28, 2006
    Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    dont forget orlando too....only game in town!

12. SteveUSSF_ref8

SteveUSSF_ref8 Member+

United States
    Oct 25, 2010
    Sun City, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't count in the Cosmos as the 20th team so fast. Latest reports are that the Cosmos are a lot of smoke and mirrors. Great marketing, but no cash to back it up. They don't have the expansion fee, they are blowing smoke about a stadium and the deal with Umbro is a killer. In fact the Umbro deal is very simliar to the Nike deal with Barca, which killed BarcaMiami a couple years ago. And with the fact that David Beckham is getting ready to exercise his expansion rights (must be outside NYC or LA) by the end of the season. With all this the door has been kicked wide open for Miami or Las Vegas as the 20th franchise. As to the Cosmos, it is much more likely that they will end up in the NASL second division.

13. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, I don't know that I have anywhere your confidence on any of those points chief. The Cosmos story has been all over the place, back and forth, up and down, all around, for quite awhile now. One thing we do know is this - the league, and Garber, want a second NY area team. That much is certain. Whether it's the Cosmos or not, or maybe a different group who will merge with the Cosmos hype machine, these are all possibilities. But don't bet against the 20th team being in NY, unless you like losing money.

#20 is not going to be in South Florida unless something catastrophic happens in NY that sees no new team named to the slot for a couple more years. Garber came here and told fans, South Florida is definitely on the MLS radar, but it's not going to be considered seriously unless there is a surge in the local fanbase's support of our current pro team - the Strikers. He's not going to change his stance on that a month later, no matter what goes on in NY. We need EVERY single last soccer fan in South Florida at Lockhart this year, and they all need to drag some other casual sports fans with them. The Ft. Lauderdale Strikers need to become the next Portland Timbers and Vancouver Whitecaps of D2 to have any chance of an MLS bid. Simple as that.

14. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish we could get this broadcast all over Southeast Florida. Have you noticed the number of people posting online at various local sites that hate D2, the Strikers - especially if designated as the Ft Lauderdale Strikers - Traffic Sports, Aaron Davidson, NASL, etc, while demanding that we get MLS immediately? How can we convince these people that we know a well defined way to bring MLS back here? It may not be quite what they hope for,but it is a way that will work. Any ideas on how to get our message out to these people?

15. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's tough Antique. I don't think it's really possible unless Traffic decides it's something they want to do. Davidson being at the meeting with Garber seems like a positive sign, but I think they are probably a long way away from wanting to really start down that road. I hope they are going to go all out to actually make the local area aware of the return of the Ft. Lauderdale Strikers. This would be the first step in the process anyway, build the fanbase. From there, who knows.

16. SteveUSSF_ref8

SteveUSSF_ref8 Member+

United States
    Oct 25, 2010
    Sun City, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The NY Cosmos presently looking to be all hype but no sustain, I believe their is a real chance that someone else could end up being the 20th franchise.

If you remember all the expanision hype in 2004 was for teams is Philadephia and Houston, then "BAM" out of no where Salt Lake is granted an expansion team. At the time they weren't on the expansion radar, let alone any expansion map. This can very well be the case again. Maybe this time it's someone like Atlanta or Miami.

Now, we are facing the Cosmos hype machine. And recent comments from the "Don" have down played NY2. The standard comment now is we are working hard to make NY2 happen, but we are in discussions with other potential investors. Which then brings Atlanta and Miami back to the surface. Garber is now doing a huge promotion job for the New York Red Bulls with having the 2011 All-Star game at Red Bull Arena. The "Don" is learning to "love the one your with" in the Red Bulls. The Cosmos came fast and hard on the scene with adding two Soccer Academies,with the promise to some day become a MLS Academy. Now one of them has closed shop. Does this mean te money is drying out. Its all apart of the Cosmos smoke and mirrors show. Don't get caught in the hype.

17. Utherhimo

Utherhimo Member

Dec 28, 2006
    Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    funny thing is they look more solid than ummm barca/boca miami ever did....as for the west coast academy closing? no just means they might possibly be focusing on the east coast, you know the region they are from.

18. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whitestar why are you always annoying as hell?!?! Get a Life man, Tampa aint shit, never was shit, Strikers all day B, you aint got shit fool!! TAMPA BAY ROWDIES suck!!

20. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude that was ********ing old...Miami and it's fans got owned by Garber and basically had to be trained how to support a team.

21. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow, be more ignorant please. You do realize the old NASL Rowdies, the Mutiny and now FCTB are all more successful than any equivalent Miami pro soccer franchise, right?

22. Flex Buffchest

Jan 25, 2010
    Orange County, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's the new Strikers logo. Pretty sick, if you ask me.

[​IMG]

23. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    im loving the FC at the ed finally something that tickles my pickle lol

24. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    aaaahhhhhh no! STFU Miami all day everyday hell, i mean South florida all day everyday:D

25. Flex Buffchest

Jan 25, 2010
    Orange County, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the vintage look of it. It doesn't look real overdone or like it's trying to be some new age bullshit.