Mexico's Football Related Random Thoughts Thread - Volumen Veinticuatro [R]

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by sidspaceman, Jan 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    21 shots to 3 on goal today though.

Seriously how can people say Milan deserves better though?

2. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    I deleted my post because I realized its a pointless comment, because in the end I agree that Milan did NOT deserve better.

But I do think that some decisions went in favor of Barca, and did not go in favor of Madrid. For example, the first pk. I already thought it was a soft foul to give. But then Ibra was taken down in similar fashion in the 2nd half and did not get the call.\\

EDIT: At least I thought I deleted my post.

3. Jorge Amnesia

Jorge Amnesia Member+

Dec 9, 2008
    This isn't about Mourinho.

This is about Milan being screwed out of a chance at semi-finals.

The first penalty, which wasn't warranted, conditioned the rest of the match.

The second penalty seems to have been a valid call but one that coupled with a bullshit earlier call, and the typical antics we've come to expect from Barcelona players just added fuel to the UEFA/Barcelona fire.

4. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    thats weird....everyone is talking about the second penalty...i though the first was clear as day.

5. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    those were legit penalties, not the refs fault milan was obviously unable to keep up with barcelona. mourinho is a bitch, and has won a fair amount of titles, but pep's teams play way, way, more attractive football, and he has won more than mourinho in their time competing against rival teams in la liga... without bunkering. i'm sure mourinho does a good job keeping that one copa del rey title shiny though.

6. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This.

No one was bitching about Barcelona being screwed when those two penalties weren't called in Milan.

You were lucky they weren't called in your stadium.... they are in your opponents' stadium though. Tough. Get over it.

7. Of_Wires_And_Birds

Mar 20, 2009
    Edinburg, Texas!
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That's the thing. Milan never looked like winning.

8. nicamex1935

nicamex1935 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Boom.

Rep.

9. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Apparently, wilmer cristano is saying that Mexico is bad because Honduras Played tough and did not make things easier for Mexico

Diez.hn is major lols

10. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Crisanto:

"Les dimos guerra, eso les duele, no la tuvieron fácil la final, pensaron que sería un 3-0, eso les indigna que piensen que la hayan robado", expresó el jugador del Victoria a los medios de comunicación"

LMAO

11. Mr. Pink

Mr. Pink Member+

Aug 29, 2005
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    Major lulz indeed. Especially the comment sections

12. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Real Madrid was better off with pellegrini and his team played better futbol.

13. Mr. Pink

Mr. Pink Member+

Aug 29, 2005
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    Kaka, beautiful.

14. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    ahora es tan facil ser fan de otro equipo

I get the love for euro football

I'm going to act like a stubborn republican on the subject

hala madrid!!!!!!

Visca el Barça!!!!

I can't do it

como dice el dicho

You can change your religion or wife, but never your team.

15. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Young Marcelo Bielsa

[​IMG]

16. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    thier coach is also

http://diez.hn/Inicio/Ediciones/201...e-entiende-que-Mexico-no-respeto-el-Fair-Play

"México va a viajar a casa hoy, de seguro. Nosotros, tenemos que ir a Los Ángeles a las cuatro de la mañana, de ahí viajar a Houston pasado mañana (Miércoles) y de ahí a Tegucigalpa y San Pedro Sula. ¿Porqué? Concacaf así lo agendó.

Yo no me estoy quejando , no tenemos suficiente dinero para los boletos, pero no somos un equipo rico como México que no tiene estos problemas. Por eso tengo en alto concepto lo que hicimos, que le hicimos frente a equipos con grandes niveles como México," concluyó.

17. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    aaa huevooo... con dinero baila el perro :D

18. Mr. Pink

Mr. Pink Member+

Aug 29, 2005
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    Lol, damn.

19. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He looks a little like George Best.

20. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    lol chiquidracula gonna be the ref for el superclasico?

Ratings off the charts that day and escandalos off the charts the next day....well played FMF

21. John Jagou

John Jagou BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 8, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    The new Univision deportes launches this weekend. So far, only Dish will carry it. So unless you have dish, be prepared to look for the web feeds.

22. Jorge Amnesia

Jorge Amnesia Member+

Dec 9, 2008
    They were 'legit' to some. I still have my doubts, especially considering the situation at hand.

The question of 'attractive football' is irrelevant. Football isn't won with aesthetics, it's defined by results be it through attack-minded or defensive football. I happen to think defensive football holds a particular beauty. Who are you to say that's wrong?

Porto. Chelsea. Inter.

No other manager in the world has a resume that even comes close to Jose's. Again, it's a question of results. Pep is a great manager as well, but until he can lay claim to silverware with four different teams, he won't match Jose in a results-oriented framework.

Oh please. There's a reason Drogba's shouts at Stamford Bridge still resonate to this day. Is some of it envy? Probably. But anyone outside of the Barcelona Circle-Jerk can see the hints of favoritism in recent years.

They were tied at 1-1. For all you know Allegri pulls an Inter 2010 and holds on to the result.

Read above. Aesthetics are subjective etc.

Pellegrini better than Mourinho? Yeah, no.

23. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    that's an odd way to say Jose is better, I mean, what if pep remains at Barcelona his entire career? It won't count because he didn't do it with multiple teams? Pep has won 13 of 16 titles during his time coaching, i could be mistaken but I dont think mourinho can't claim the same. If its all about silverware, then care to explain why his real side have only won one title in Spain, while coaching against pep? A copa del rey title. In the time pep has coached, he has won more cl titles too.

24. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Bielsa es el mejor tecnico del mundo

Bielsa>>>>>>>>>>Mou/Pep

[​IMG]

25. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If it was possible would you all mind having hercules switch from the USA to Mexico? They have never used the guy properly.