Mexico vs Venezuela Partido Molero 10/12/2010

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team: News, Analysis & History' started by Perndog2006, Oct 11, 2010.

1. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    The severity of the situation was never in question. Whether or not these guys lucked out is also irrelevant.

We're used to seeing bad stuff on the news all the time and when we finally have something nice to cheer for, people bitch because Univision puts out picture in picture during game time.

2. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    They had to get them out now. They sent their letter too, just like el TRI. But the Chilean people did give in like the FMF did.

[​IMG]

3. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Lol @ "it was compared to the first time humans walked on the moon"...smfh

And I mean if were talking about meaning nothing, then both events should fit in that category to YOU....like I said either the need see something that doesn't concern you or being directly affected can only ever justify you having to see it live as it happened....

And its not like I'm really saying fuk the miners...but I refuse to lump myself in with the sheep that always flock to these type of events with their baseless sense of false "concern" .....i just happen to have wanted to watch a soccer game at the moment....I could have waited 90 minutes to see what happened to the miners. It wasn't such a big deal....OR they could have played the game later and I would have been perfectly fine with it....but don't pull that double coverage bullshit.

4. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The picture on picture didnt bother me, it was when that lady starting yapperin on for like 10 minutes straight. Cant bitch too much because people gave other links so i didnt have to deal with it for the whole match.

5. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This. A lot of people are giving props to Cubavision for their sh!tty coverage, but how come they didn't have the balls to cancel the game? I mean something historic is happening, right? Claro, no quieren perder su feria de los patrocinadores tampoco.

6. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    cheer up dood, dont listen to everything they say on tv

7. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank
    Our beef is with Univision.

Seriously, they turned it into a big deal, with all of that emotional coverage. Maybe i'm just a hard ass and have read way too much narco news and have seen too many hard images, but the whole thing wasn't even a sad moment. Just the media needing something 'big' to report on. With there 'the world is watching' bs.

8. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Excepting the comments that are in bad taste, the complaint are more than valid.

The event happens with or without Univision. It remindende me of when Ramirez said "Esto es mas important que un juego de futbol". No shit sherlock. But they have 2 other channels that were showing shit and they could have switched the game easily. They paid to cover the Mexican team and we were screwed. The event was covered by every channel out there but nobody else could show the Mexico game. They should either cancel the game or switched it to another game but they wanted to have their cake and eat it too and so they ended up screwing them both. I'm pretty sure nobody that wanted to watch the miners story and not the game watched it in Univision and not another of the channels broadcasting live.

Univision coverage doesn't make them survive or not so they can STFU about how important it is that THEY cover it and not the event itself. Plus I have to smile about it being positive when they only care about the news aspect. The channel always had the miners thing as the priority and never swithced back because a goal was scored or anything like that. BUt then the ONLY time they switched back and fast (and even interrupted a mining expert who was talking) was when the people jumped on the field. They probably would have jumped for joy had they started kicking a venezuelan player or something like that.

9. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank

This is the bullshit i'm talking about. Don't be a damn media sheep Lalo. The bolded part is laughable.

10. sin fatalismo

sin fatalismo Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Exactly.

With the transmission last night you could not appreciate the situation with the miners and you could not appreciate the game.

Univision also owns Telefutura and Galavision, it's not like they didn't have options to accommodate the situation. (I think Telefutura was running some crap dubbed movie at the time.)

Having both items on screen like that is an illegitimate compromise.

I'm hoping for the day that Spanish language television in the US moves beyond being second rate. The options for those of us who want to watch Spanish language programming is an absolute joke.

11. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  12. azriel

azriel Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    San Diego, USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid

BHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA me estoy cagando de la risa. Que buen chiste!! Wait, your serious?!?

This is worse than what some bitch said in the radio on my way to work, "This is just like the Titanic". LOL?

The dudes down had everything they needed as then some, came out perfectly groomed wearing Oakley and wanting to Partah! The wives were all dressed up for the occassion. These won't need to work for the rest of the lives, they will make $$$ selling books and make movies.

You know what that was? ********in reality TV. I was waiting for Adal Ramones show up to give one of those stupid dramatic speeches ala Bailando por un sueno.

Como hay gente que les encanta el drama y sobre todo sentirse moralmente superiores.

13. Jorge Amnesia

Jorge Amnesia Member+

Dec 9, 2008
    Let me get this straight.

People were bitching because Univision, the most prominent network for Latin Americans living in the U.S. was showing a moment of transcending importance to many latin americans? In a small box off to the side of the screen?

It's a facking friendly against Venezuela. This is a game. The situation in Chile was a life and death situation that merited total coverage, but I'm fairly sure that if Univision had cancelled the airing of the match in favor of the chilean miner rescue coverage, BSMX would have exploded.

No manchen.

14. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    they even came out shaved and well groomed. they were living the life. im having a hard time buying blades to shave myself.

fack those miners

15. Naquisima

Naquisima Member+

Sep 18, 2008
    Long Beach!
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Are you f'n serious? :rolleyes:

*unsubs*

16. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank

Either you haven't properly read through the thread, or you choose to ignore what people are bitching about.

The double coverage was everyone's beef. Trying to watch a game with constant interruption is fuking irritating. Just a small box to the side my ass, there was constant interruption during times when there didn't have to be.

The game didn't have to have split coverage. Move the game to telefutura and be done with it.

17. fireEagleCuauhtemoc

fireEagleCuauhtemoc www.twitter.com/alonsobueno1

Jul 23, 2007
    chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i was also pissed, not towards the miners , i was pissed at univision because they have 2 more channels in which they could have switched the game to.

18. Jorge Amnesia

Jorge Amnesia Member+

Dec 9, 2008
    I've read through the comments.

"******** the chilean miners".

"I don't give a shit about the miners".

That doesn't strike me as people who are limiting their anger to the interruption of their precious partido molero. Yeah Univison sucks, deal with it, it doesn't give you the right to start talking out your ass about people.

19. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank

lol@ Perns fuk the Chilean miners.

The second quote you provided shows you exactly what i'm talking about.

They're bitching about having to deal with the other event. The hate is for Univision. Pern is just angry he has to deal with all of that, so he's saying fuk all of that because his game was ruined.

Could he be more PC? Sure.

20. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I was planning on watching that game with my little ones. and the game was ruined. my kids kept asking me whats going on and I told them thats the reason you need to go to college so u dont have to be digging in caves to make a living. j/k :D

21. El Mariachi

El Mariachi Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Más Allá
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    LOL

By the way, they are still taking miners out of there no? so does univision still have the picture in picture?

I think what made me the most angry is the fact they filled the entire screen with their crappy graphic and made both the miners and the game into a tiny screen, i would have been fine with a straight picture in picture

22. azulcremaporvida

Jan 16, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I stand behind my comments. I don't give two fucks about Chilean miners. al que no le guste que se vaya a la chingada :)

edit; btw I don't believe anyone pontificating actually watched the game on univision (or at all) and if they did I think you'd certainly be singing a different tune if we had to watch gio's goal in a 1/4 section of the screen.

23. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    I didn't even get halfway through the thread before I posted my feelings about what was being said.

There were plenty of "I dont give a f*ck about the miners" or "f*ck the miners" comments.

I understand that people were upset but there are ways of venting your frustration without taking it out on the miners.

Extremely disrespectful no matter how you wanna look at it.

These same people then get upset when someone talks bad about Mexico.

I don't get it.

I certainly did and that's why I chose to voice my displeasure.

24. azulcremaporvida

Jan 16, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    them horses must be bred mighty high at the rancho you come from, eh friend?

25. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank

Lol

I'm impressed you're not as high strung and upset about the coverage. You're still blowing our pissed comments out of proportion.

Did you watch the entire game on Univision?