PBP: Mexico vs USA U20: 3/3 Fox Soccer 6 pm Central

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by AutoPenalti, Mar 1, 2013.

1. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    You seem to forget a few missed PK calls. Certainly you wouldn't be saying this if we had scored an extra PK or two, and we beat you guys in 90 minutes.

Diminish it all you want, but we were the better team and had more chances. Either we are a lot better than you guys thought or you guys aren't as good as you thought.

Xenimus repped this.
  2. Lukato

Lukato Member+

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    most of the second half and 30 minutes of the extra time, that's most of the game, make it 50/50 if you like

3. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Mexico is a very good team. I was suprised how we pressed so high and they couldn't play their possession game well for 80 minutes. Joya and Corona were the best two players on the field. Not familier with those 2 players are they depth or surefire starters. Hopefully they know Luna off the roster and he can play for us. The Rodriquez non penalty call was huge. Could have been a penalty, red card, goal. 2-1 US playing a man up.

4. youth=glory

youth=glory Member

Sep 2, 2010
    I still can't figure out if your being honest or ironically posting stuff from the Haiti/pre tourny threads....

5. SweetLife

SweetLife Red Card

Oct 4, 2010
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just speak the truth. We lack a winning mentality at all levels and it showed in this match. If you have a chance to beat Mexico away and take the cup, you play to win so that if you meet them in Turkey you have a mental advantage. If we play them in Turkey they'll beat us again!

6. miked9

miked9 Member+

May 4, 2000
    Philadelphia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    stunning insight. keep posting. please.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  7. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I wasn't born yesterday.

Anyway, you guys should be a bit worried considering Mexico was expected to win 4 or 5 to 0.

Either you guys aren't that good, or we are a good team. Its one or the other, can't be neither after watching this game.

8. TheBrand

TheBrand Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Atlanta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Joya looks like an all around classy dude.

9. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Who did they give it to?

10. Lukato

Lukato Member+

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    I only remember one dangerous play by the US, the header Richard Sanchez deflected, and no, you were good, but again, your only real chance came from a bad called penalty, other than that you were just throwing everything you had without knowing what to do until your players got tired and then you were outplayed.

It's called FOOTBALL repped this.
  11. coachd24

coachd24 Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Saw what I expected. Eventually the quick, direct, attacking play the US played all tournament caught up to them in extra time because they were just too fatigued. There definitely weak spots but I said before definitely impressed with the attacking players and there's a lot of potential. Much work to do before the WC but hopefully we can straighten some things out, improve our talent as some players make their 1st team debuts and we can advance out of the group in turkey.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  12. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Your memory has failed you.

Tom Collingsworth and Xenimus repped this.
  13. Friedel'sAccent

Friedel'sAccent Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, you've made your point. I think it's time to knock the US elsewhere, please. The US fans deserve a place to feel frustrated and vent without you needling them. Thanks very much.

Real Corona, SuperChivo and Lukato repped this.
  14. SweetLife

SweetLife Red Card

Oct 4, 2010
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least they tried and had fun! Good game(said in a sarcastic voice)! :alien: These are not boys they are 20! Raheem Sterling is 18 and playing for Liverpool. Stop calling them boys they are young men and they failed. Hopefully the team fixes its mistakes and does not disgrace us again at Turkey:D

15. RangerC

RangerC Member

Sep 3, 2011
    Best 3-1 loss ever.

Mexico is a great team, has to be a favorite for the U20 WC (given their U17 WC win and recent success with this team) and with the exception of Corona (best player on the pitch by a wide margin) we were better for most of the game until we completely ran out of gas around '80.

Xenimus repped this.
  16. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    So you don't think that designed FK that should have been a penalty was a dangerous play? Interesting...

Xenimus repped this.
  17. Absolute

Absolute BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 18, 2007
    Green Hell
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My expectations were met. I wanted them to qualify for the U20 WC in Turkey and we did. We played very well against Mexico, and we did.

I really don't feel angry about it , even if the ref making a mistake. The way a lot of the kids we had played gives me hope for the future.

Mexico won, grats to them. Now, let's see what our boys can do in Turkey. Hopefully, it's as good as they've played this tournament.

Tom Collingsworth and Lukato repped this.
  18. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    You are reluctant to give us any credit. We did a lot more than you are giving the USA credit for.

This is just a pointless discussion. I am sure that you think Mexico dominated the game.

Xenimus repped this.
  19. miked9

miked9 Member+

May 4, 2000
    Philadelphia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

20. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    for those who didn't see the goalie intentionally try to trip gomez

[​IMG]

21. RangerC

RangerC Member

Sep 3, 2011
    3 clear chances?

- 3 possible penalties (got the weakest of the 3)
    - Garcia's shot cleared off the line early on
    - Rodriguez header that hit Sanchez in the leg
    - Torre free header saved by Sanchez at full stretch off the corner kick

That's 6 just off the top of my head. Honestly with the notable exception of Corona Mexico created very little until extra time.

Tom Collingsworth and Xenimus repped this.
  22. Lukato

Lukato Member+

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    I'm giving it to you, but you guys failed to score from any chance that wasn't a penalty, if you guys were really as superior as you said you would had like 15 shots on goal and Richard would have need to be the MOTM, but that didn't happen, but I agree you played with a lot of heart and got the ball for all the first time, but after that your team slowly faded.

It's called FOOTBALL repped this.
  23. USAMEX10

USAMEX10 Member+

Sep 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Great game only got to see the 2nd half and liked the effort US put out. Started goin down hill once all our players were gassed and not really any good options off the bench. Joya, Villareal, and Gil should be called up this cycle for the senior team. They will add a different dimension to the team.

24. aw072760

aw072760 Member

Sep 6, 2011
    Dallas, Tx
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't see Mexico going deep in this tournament, they were at about the same level as the USA, and I think we'll make it to the quarters at best. Spain would bitch slap Mexico 5-0.

25. CCSoccerFan

CCSoccerFan Member

May 2, 2009
    Totally diasgree with you.

El Chuma and USAMEX10 repped this.