Mexico VS USA August 10th - Philadelphia: Analysis Thread.

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team: News, Analysis & History' started by Tello, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Narc83

Narc83 Member+

Jul 21, 2007
    Phoenix
    The guy has a point, People need to stop being so hostile to US fans opinions.

Any time a US fan post here it always seems to degenerate into GTFO.

btw, i was only trying to shame you into using the edit feature. Lots of people get lazy and don't put much effort in making their post coherent. Short post are easier to keep coherent while longer ones require some editing.

I do use the edit feature because without it, my post become indecipherable.

2. eddygee

eddygee Member+

DC United
    May 12, 2007
    Moco, Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No prob man you got my respect.

3. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    I just find it funny how US fans are happy their defense was able to shut down Peralta like it's a top Concacaf striker and how they are now thinking the GC final was a fluke just because they played good against Mexico's bench in the last 20 minutes.

Mexico had the easiest first half ive seen in quite a while, the problem was that we had no real finisher like Chicharo or Denigris and no Gio to make the big play. If we had a target striker a couple more goals could've been score easily.

We didnt learn anything we didnt know before from this friendly. Chepo knows who his starters are already. I think the game helped the US a lot more than it helped Mexico.

4. eddygee

eddygee Member+

DC United
    May 12, 2007
    Moco, Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Don't confuse the fringe for one voice man. In general as a US fan we're just relieved that we got a competent coach who knows how to use and maxmize our talents as it seems early on.

5. El Mariachi

El Mariachi Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Más Allá
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    not trying to start an argument, as you seem like a levelheaded realist, BUT when the news/sports outlets reflect "the fringe" it makes it more likely that realistic fans are the minority.

My personal experience as well as many many posts found here and the previous wall of shame collections validate this (at least for me)

6. Narc83

Narc83 Member+

Jul 21, 2007
    Phoenix
    I'm a supporter of Torrado/Castro but its becoming obvious that opposing teams are exposing their offensive and passing short comings. Teams are going to start pressing them relentlessly and once they run out of gas we are going to struggle to hold the ball and build up attacks.

Arellano has shown some flashes but he is not a forward and playing him up top was a mistake. Unlike Hobbit he did not look out of place but his positioning was awful. He drifted way too much to the sideline and this clogged up the mexican attack.

An interesting thing that i noticed but forgot to include is that we are dependent on our fullbacks attacking. Guardado and Gio like to cut inside and this means that our wingbacks have to move up to create the necessary width.

The one striker formation (broad 4-5-1) requires attacking wingbacks and/or a target forward to be successful. Salcido is no longer cutting it because he lacks the pace to play wide and this is why we need Torres Nilo to start or we need to play with two forwards up top.

Torrado and Castro are losing their legs and the 4-2-3-1 formation that we play is becoming impossible for them. This type of formation requires constant running from our DMs and once they run out of gas we are going to get over run in the midfield because Guardado/Gio are not very good at recovering the ball.

People don't seem to realize how good Barrera is defensively. The guy is constantly running and quite frankly his ball recover is excellent coupled with his attacking prowess. I just want people to know what a vital cog he has become for the team. Slowly but surely he is becoming one of my favorite players along side Aldo and Gio.

If Chepo wants to continue with his 4-2-3-1 formation he is going to have to drop Salcido ASAP. Juarez, as good as he is, is not in the best physical condition and as such is reluctant to bomb forward.

People are way too quick to bash Torrado and Castro but its not their fault that we are having trouble bring up the ball when teams pressure our defense.

Both of them are just supposed to defend and move the ball quickly to the wings but the decline of Salcido and Juarez's lack of conditioning is compromising the attack by forcing them to try and move the ball up. Torrado and Castro are not CAMs and as such expecting them to build the attack is unfair.

Having Rafa in the team has masked Salcido's decline, I never realized what a fantastic offensive weapon he is. Its my opinion that as long as Salcido continues to play we are going to be completely reliant on him to build our attacks. His removal from the game basically killed any remaining ability to move the ball forward.

The thing that i was most impressed about the US team was how they completely overloaded the right wing and forced us to attack through the left. Say what you will but teams are exposing Salcido inability to attack effectively

A lot of people are focusing on how teams are clogging the midfield and the difficulties that this is causing us. But the real story is how teams are forcing us to attack through the left by overloading the right side of the field.

The decline of Salcido is a problem but the great thing is that we have a more than adequate replacement in Torres nilo.

7. Saldgotti1991

Saldgotti1991 Member+

Jun 7, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    honestly its time to move on Chepo, no more Salcido, no more Marquez, no more Sinha, no more Torrado, and no more Castro. We have the replacements so start using them, I don't care if Chepo uses Zavala, Reyes, Enriquez, Nilo, Mier, Guti Estrada and we lose friendlies, we just need new blood that can do a little more, run a little more, and put a little more heart. We need them to gain experience now, not two weeks before the world cup.

8. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    GDS had a terrible game, a bit of a chip on his shoulder. I thought he had this I should be starting attitude.

Just reading shit that ain't there.

Starter all day.

What's up with that?

9. siva66

siva66 Member+

Apr 7, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'd be pissed too if someone with less skills was given my job.

10. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    he has been on vacation for a month and has hardly touched the ball

plus he has never been a super sub, always performed better as a starter

11. TheDude47

TheDude47 Member+

Jun 17, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Sorry I didn't scroll through the entire postings so yeah things didn't go our way big deal they can fixed..... but like I said I don't know if someone has posted this. On that note most of our guys just got done with pre-season whereas MLS is like halfway through.... so the conditioning did have something to do with it, I'm not trying to make excuses but there was a reason Gio, Barrera, Guardis and gang needed to take an extra breath or two

12. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

That explains it. I feel good about the youth movement.

This friendly from the get go only benefited a shamed USA, there was nothing to learn for Mexico. Oh well dollars makes sense.

13. VincentVega

VincentVega Member

May 11, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Glad that's over. Now to play opponents that really matter...:D

14. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    yea thanks chepo for the zihna and peralta youth movement. c'mon chepo!!!

15. Manolo Rodriguez

Jul 1, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Well it's a friendly. Getting a draw in an away game against your main rival isn't bad. It's pretty good compared to the results of most of the away friendlies against the U.S in the last 8-9 years.

And it's a friendly. The important game was in late June, and the outcome was decisive.

16. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    have you heard about him training with anyone? (I was hoping to hear he was training with America to stay in shape) I was reading the other day that he was just hanging out in Mexico waiting to find out about his new team, and my first thought was about how out of playing shape he'd be by the time he joined a team. Not the best way to earn playing time.

17. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  18. Joe_Papi_Brown

Apr 26, 2010
    Texas
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    1) Hobbit has no business in the national team. The guy looked too slow and too weak...

2) We need to start looking for replacements for Sinha, Torrado, Castro and Salcido...

3) Arellano is not a number 9

4) Was it just me? Or was Chepo outcoached last nite? I know it was just a friendly but come on.....we had no possesion after US made their subs...they controlled the game. How are you going to put Arellano(winger) as a lone striker? Why not just leave Peralta in there? If we were getting whoop in the middle why not pull Guardado a lil bit back?(como volante por en medio) we were winning at that point anyway..

5) Looking forward to see what JDS and Fabian can do in the middle for us...

6) Vela and Nery need to be given another chance...

7) This tie felt like a loss

19. NachoNation

NachoNation Member+

Jun 19, 2005
    GOAT Puzzle
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yeah I thought GDS looked absolutely horrible out there.

Zinha was meh but get used to it. He's chepo's guy and every coach has one. It's not just a Mexico thing. My nightmare is that he's actually going to play well enough with Cheech and DeNigris that it keeps us from reaching our true ceiling. Hopefully he wont be hesitant or stubborn to pull him early when it's obvious it's not working.

20. Tello

Tello BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 20, 2006
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We have replacements for them. Torres Nilo for Salcido and Giovani for Zihna.
    The other two, well yeah we need to work on that. Hopefully Jona and Zavala can fill those spots.

I don't know if he was out-coached. It was getting late in the game and he wanted to see more players, this is why we play friendlies. The U.S. started playing better after Mexico made four subs.

Remember Giovani wasn't fit to start. So Chepo started the right line-up. The subs were always going to happen. Im still convinced the Giovani would have started over Zihna if he had been fit to do so.

21. zenden

zenden Member+

Nov 12, 2006
    yo estoy en Europa
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No mention of the 4-5 times Memo kicked the ball out of play without much pressure, one which resulted in the goal? A good keeper should get down to get the ball and not let it go across the face of goal like that.

22. sowrong

sowrong Member+

Aug 20, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Il give you the ball clearance thing, but on the goal he did what he was supposed to do; He cut off the shooting angle completely and if Salcido would have marked him man correctly, that play would have resulted in nothing.

23. sowrong

sowrong Member+

Aug 20, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Speaking of Salcido when's the last time he saw any action? Has he even featured for Fulham in a friendly, since the end of the Gold Cup?

24. Aquiles Bael Madrazo

Jun 29, 2011
    Denton,TX/Defectuosa
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Fue una falla táctica.

We were outclassed the entire time. Yes, you can provide that the players were out of season, but that is still no excuse for the horrible playing that we had. This is Klinsmann's first game and first camp with a completely new system. We had glaring holes in defense that weren't there because of player ********-ups, they were there because of Tactical placement and Chepo is to blame for that.

Honestly, take a look at the Gringo Wall of Shame board and ours, substitute the word Mexico for U.S. and you'll see that we sound exactly like them.

This is barely the first round, Klinsmann es un buen técnico. Con mas tiempo nos la va a meter completa.

25. and1football

and1football Member+

Nov 10, 2009
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yeah. Salcido was just standing around without a clue on where his man was.