Mexico VS USA August 10th - Philadelphia: Analysis Thread.

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team: News, Analysis & History' started by Tello, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Crazy_Yank

Crazy_Yank Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Matamoros, Mexico
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He wasn't the worst concacaf ref I've ever seen. I think he blew some major calls though. Both teams were lucky to not have a player sent off. What I did like about him is that he allowed fair physical play to happen. He didn't fall far players flopping over and didn't blow the whistle for "ticky tack" fouls which gave the game good fluidity.

2. Dos_santos

Dos_santos Member+

Aug 10, 2006
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I thought donovan played in a better position the second half. Break Shitea showed some huevos by going forward and taking players on. If i was a Nad fan i would be extremely happy that klisman knows where to play donovan.:cool:

3. TallTowerMan

TallTowerMan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Just an fyi, "********van" won't fly in N&A. Let's keep this forum high-level. Thanks.

4. Crazy_Yank

Crazy_Yank Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Matamoros, Mexico
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Both. I also agree with your observation about the US forum, which is why I am in this forum :D. I can't stand the hyperbole over there. I am cautiously optimistic about the future now than Bunker Bradley is gone. There are some obvious holes in the US lineup that need to be addressed. I think Mexico is going to be better for at least the duration of this world cup cycle. That said I like how Klinsmann is trying to get the US to play the game the way it should be played. What I never understood about Bradley is that for the first time in US history we actually have the players who can play a creative, quick, one touch passing game. Why play a boring "play not to lose" style when you have players who can actually play?

5. Dos_santos

Dos_santos Member+

Aug 10, 2006
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I hate it when people say there is no players to replace old azz torrado or rafa or that no one can play the sinha role. Zavala(Araujo a torrado clone) can replace torrado easily Maza can do the same with rafa. We don't need a 10 like sinha and if we do Fabian can play there.

6. El Burro

El Burro Member

Jan 25, 2009
    San Pancho, Califas
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think our drop in performance in the second half was due more to our midfield and defense than the offensive subs that were brought in. Crastro and Torrado were out of gas and were inefficient at controlling the midfield in the second half. Aguilar was getting burned pretty bad on our right side of the field. Salcido was catching butterflies during the USA goal. Our offensive players in the second half have never played together, so it was expected that we wouldn't create much up top; however, they didn't really see much of the ball either. Gio had to go too far back to help recover, and Guardado and Arellano had no coordination (no se entendian) on the left side of the field.

7. Mexcellence

Mexcellence Member+

Oct 12, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think the biggest problem was Salcido and Hobbit loosing every ball cause he's too short. Strange to see Castro get gassed he's the most fit player on the team according to tests.

8. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    1st half we looked solid. i was actually surprised at how well our midfield was linking up with Sinha and Peralta.

2nd half was a mess. our midfield was non existant for the most part once Chepo made the subs. Gio was not 100% and i could see why Chepo decided to start Sinha over him. Arellano looked pretty good when he got the ball, but we lost presence in the box without Peralta. Torrado and Castro looked tired; we need to find replacements for them ASAP!

Salcido was frustrating me throughout the game. i really hate when he goes on the attack because he has been losing the ball more and more which leaves the opposing team open for the attack. i also hate how he takes useless shots from the outside when he can just pass it to someone that is open. that would be more effective than to take a shot that will either bounce off a defender or go high/wide. i think Torres Nilo should get the start next time.

Memo looked solid for the most part, but he's gotta learn how to clear out the ball better. his crappy clearance, along with Castro's crappy defending, led to the US tie.

it's a tie that feels like a loss, but hopefully Chepo got a lot out of it

9. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    It's also not only about us but about them. That Brek Shea dude came in and was great. Totally changed the outlook for them and because Klinsman took advantage of recognizing that Castro and Torrado looked out of gas. Compare that to Chepo screwing up and trying to sending players to the wrong position ( Arellano) or really inferior to the players that were on the field ( taking out Barrera and Juarez for Hobbit and Aguilar).

10. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Salcido must learn that he's 31 years old and he's not going to get any aim if he hasn't already gotten it. Ya fue. It's pathetic how he keeps trying and trying and wasting ball after ball. Sure he has had some great goals but they have been really few and far between and nothing compared to the numerous amount of balls that he just sails into the crowd.

11. Mexcellence

Mexcellence Member+

Oct 12, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I've seen him live.

He would have made a great NFL kicker.

12. Mexcellence

Mexcellence Member+

Oct 12, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Indeed. The sub should have been Zavala for Castro or Torrado. The US had more volantes while we added wingers, leaving us completely vulnerable and loosing the ball.

Chepo was outcoached as they say first half reflects the teams quality 2nd reflects coaching.

13. TallTowerMan

TallTowerMan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I thought Shea looked pretty good as well. This is the first time I've seen him but the US fans haved been talking about him for a bit now.

14. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Everybody keeps mentioning Zavala but he had an injury and was barely able to make the team for the game. It's not suprising if they decided not to risk him especially since it was a very physical game.

http://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/s...zavala-si-reportara-con-la-seleccion-mexicana

15. Mexcellence

Mexcellence Member+

Oct 12, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ah did not know that.

The good thing is we have some tall ass mids coming up. Chanton 6'2 Reyes 6'3 Zavala 6'3. Castro looked like a ragdoll at times.

16. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    If Enriquez doesn't get his shit together, it will all mean squat for him. He will just head it to the nads besides passing it to them.

17. Mexcellence

Mexcellence Member+

Oct 12, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    True. Jona is going to be the "touch guy" like Pavel once was. Who will be his enforcer ala Torrado? that is the question I think. I'm getting ahead of myself obviously, but that's the way things seem. As of now it appears it will be Zavala Jona in the not too distant future.

18. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Isn't Gio our 10?

19. Mexcellence

Mexcellence Member+

Oct 12, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yes, but not a strictly traditional one that creates a pause.

Jona and Pavel are 8's.

20. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Like Rafa said, Zavala was hurt.

The US did to us what Honduras did in the Gold Cup.

Clog the midfield

THey had Bradley, Beckerman, Jones, and then Torres would pinch in.

No wonder Torrado and Castro got tired and didn't really press like they did in the Rose Bowl.

We missed Chicharo because he spreads the opposing defense because they have to respect him and are afraid of getting beat so they play further back. Peralta didn't really hold the ball and really didn't trouble the centerback tandem. When Arellano came in the whole thing became a mess.

Zinha didnt really play that bad, but the problem putting in Zinha is that he slows the game down which is nice sometimes but when you do it all the time it just gives their defense time to setup and organize. Thats why I said it looked like and oldschool Mex-US game because we had the ball and the US dropped back and we decided to keep touching the ball instead of playing more direct. Thats why Gio is important, but Gio has never played well coming on as a sub, its never been his thing.

I'd like to see Nery be given a shot. Ya I said it

21. aztlanaguila831

aztlanaguila831 Member+

Jan 24, 2011
    The Bay, Sinaloa and GTO
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Reyes needs to beef up a bit and he is going to be an absolute monster in the mediacancha for la seleccion :cool:

22. Mexcellence

Mexcellence Member+

Oct 12, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

That's not controversy around here, this is NNR territory. :D

Agree on the rest and we should expect more of this game plan in the future. Keeping in mind the nads are better than jonduras we need to adapt or it wont go well for us.

23. VincentVega

VincentVega Member

May 11, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Why are the nads jizzing their pants over a draw??:confused:

24. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Mexican fan hit Landon in the face with a bottle, got grabbed by security immediately.

Too bad it was most likely plastic. :D

25. Mexcellence

Mexcellence Member+

Oct 12, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think we need some d-mids in the EPL where they will bulk up, have to run all game, tackle hard, and overall just play at a much paster pace than in Mexico.

I think that's the next step we must take to keep complete and assured domination of concacaf. :D Some faster cb's would also come in handy.