Mexico VS USA August 10th - Philadelphia: Analysis Thread.

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team: News, Analysis & History' started by Tello, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    He single handedly won us 3 eliminatoria points and saved us from taking a L in the Azteca our debut game.

Now analyze how we were sweating come the closing end of the elimination....those points were golden lol

2. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    But you understand that not everyone here thinks like you do right?
    Most people here are Chivas fans and they want all if not most of their players in the team, they want Pato Araujo and Baez holding the middle, they want Michel in goal, they want Reynoso, Magallon and Ponce in the team, they want Arellano, Fabian and Cubo too, when in reality the only one who is at NT level is Fabian.

And of course in reality they will always over criticize america players, every goal that Ochoa "lets in" is his fault, this goal the US scored was his fault because he is not able to bend space and time, and yet no one ever said anything about Talavera in the Gold Cup final and how he was shitting him self out there and if he was Ochoa would've been blamed for the first goal, but thankfully he was saved by our four guys up front.
    Now they hatting on Aguilar a player most of them liked almost loved when he was at Pachuca, IMO he was shit when he was at Pachuca and he still is. He is nothing but Oscar Rojas 2.0 and I don't want him near the NT and I rather America never got him but thats just me.

3. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Aguilar is fukin basura.....the sad reality is that he leaves the NT and i still have to watch him every weekend.

4. Narc83

Narc83 Member+

Jul 21, 2007
    Phoenix
    Lol, "But the People loves him"

This is like arguing that the 900 pound 14 year old is not obese but just "glowing" with all his momma's love:rolleyes:

No one is demanding that Zinha be included in the squad, this is strictly Chepo's failure to control his nepotism.

5. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Vuoso saved our ass against Canada he still shouldn't have been on the team

Same goes for Pavel, the guy was never criticized and Aguirre was right in dropping him.

6. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Big deal. That was the first game and the points ended being golden because the team was so bad that it was screwing up and only getting a miracle 1 point out of 9 outside Mexico. He was total shit in the later games and people never crticized him in Mexico. There is no surprise why Aguirre starts him in El Salvador, he stinks it up after bunch of mediocre games with Erikson, he gets subbed and replaced from the NT and the midfield improves a lot.

7. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    I'm against Zinha but I'm just pointing out how your argument about "everybody knowing it" is total bullshit. If Chepo keeps calling him and people love the guy and thus have no backlash against his callup, there is no need for him to change it.

8. Regi0

Regi0 Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    This game was only a friendly and should not be taken seriously. The fact that estaunidenses are celebrating a tie is a sign of inferiority complex. Mexico beat them when it mattered the most and gets to go to the confederation cup as a just reward. On top of that I saw nothing different from this game except that the US attacked after we cut back in attack, most probably because chepo was worried about a deadly counter strike. We dominated majority of the game and were missing key players. 5 years ago we would have been celebrating a friendly tie just like them, the fact that everyone is disappointed by one shows how much stronger this team is.

9. Manolo Rodriguez

Jul 1, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    That's pretty much my view of it. Friendlies don't mean anything but for the better part of a decade we lost every friendly we played against them. That's how Hugo Sanchez started off if I remember correctly, a 2-0 loss against the U.S in Arizona.

And now the tables are turned. Babies born the last time the U.S beat Mexico will be learning how to add and subtract soon.

10. Evil

Evil Member

Aug 14, 2010
    You seriously think the press backlash against Zinha's call-up would make chepo stop calling him? I doubt it, coaches are stubborn by nature.

Remember bofo last year? or chiquis Garcia in '06? Neither the press nor the general public wanted either of those two in a WC, bofo was booed at Azteca every time he touched ball for ********s sake lol, and Aguirre couldn't care less what people thought.

Regarding his call-ups in the future, the guy's obviously playing his last couple years as a professional so he won't make the WC, but maybe the young guys can learn a thing or two from him and benefit from his presence in the NT. You can't tell me he had a bad game on wednesday or that Giovanni played better than him, can you?

11. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    I'll tell you he had a bad game. He really didn't do anything in the game and just slowed down the attack. People can talk about having posession but it was all for naught and precisely why people are fooled into thinking some players do better than they did like in the old mexico games. Maybe young players can learn how to be too slow for the international game from him.

12. Evil

Evil Member

Aug 14, 2010
    Or maybe they can learn that taking on two or three opponents on your own is not always the right thing to do (like Giovanni did at least twice on wednesday, only to end up losing the ball) and that maybe a nice well-thought through ball to a teammate is a better choice (like the one Zinha serviced to Barrera that was just barely cleared by the defender in the first half).

Slowing down the game is not always a bad thing. Don't get me wrong I think Giovanni should always start ahead of him if both are available, but I think there's stuff he could definitely learn from Zinha.

13. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    total shit? Thats a little too extreme.....he was simply slow because his age/injuries were catching up to him, word to Rafa.

The total shit is more up torrado's alley....he cant even pass, which wasn't Pardo's case.

And as for not being criticized, its a little hard to notice a decent player thats phasing out when just about everyone around him extremely sucks donkey balls,we had forwards that were scoring every 600 minutes, players staring....that didnt play, and finally our game changing sub options: Old cuauh and vuoso-_-.

now that i think about it Eriksons team was SUPER rough....

14. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Oh that 1 pass that was cleared to Barrera? That was all for 45 minutes of control against the US? He slowed down the attack all the time and all for nothing because he, who was in charge of many of the offensive passes, didn't create anything for almost 45 minutes. The game against the US had Mexico dominating the 1st half but not being dangerous at all. It was a really poor display of effectiveness because for all the domination, they never threatened. A lot of it because Zinha slow down the attack and the US was able to get to position almost every single time. Zinha is too slow for the international game and has been for a while. And it's not only because of his lack of speed but for his lack of mental agility. Unlike others like Blanco, he's not as quick thinking with his passes and every day it's clearer. He benefits hugely from the slowness in the MFL and of playing in Toluca. He was even slow at CCL games. For a team like Mexico in the gold cup, which is so dependent of being dynamic, it's a pretty big slowdown.

First off Blanco quit the Erikson team after the Canada game. Mexico was actually undefeated with Erikson when Cuau "retired". And Pardo was terrible in the later games. It wasn't that he was phasing out, it was one of the weakest points in the team. The Leandro/ Pardo tandem was terrible. You say Torrado, but Pardo's passing wasn't as good as Torrado is winning balls, that how much of a non factor he was yet he was never criticized at all, when he should have received huge parts of the criticism, because he was a media darling and the people bought that shit the same way they do with Zinha (then and now).

15. Aquiles Bael Madrazo

Jun 29, 2011
    Denton,TX/Defectuosa
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    uuuuuf. En Casa? EEUU no tiene casa, no sean mameis. Fue el primer juego de Klinnsman, nos puso un empate donde lo único que faltó fue la delantera, y tomo ventaja de que Chepo la cago. Creo que entre si demuestra que por lo menos tiene estrategia.

Fe de erratas: no nos dominaron todo el partido. Pero la definición TACTICA de klinsmann si estuvo. Se nota que no aprendió a dirigir en FIFA '11.

16. Manolo Rodriguez

Jul 1, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Martin del Palacio has a great stat analysis of the Mexico-U.S Gold Cup final on his website. Torrado's pass completion was 78%. Pretty solid. His pass for Giovani's goal was definitely clever.