Mexico vs Trinidad & Tobago, post game comments, [R]

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by Sakuragi, Jun 6, 2005.

1. spooner

spooner Member

Oct 20, 2004
    Re: Mexico vs Trinidad & Tobago, pre, news, comments, [R]

Trinidad looked extremely disorganized at times. The defense, even though they had a few stops, still lokked like the same old defense. The forwards appear to be not interested at times. I think overall, Trinidad did ok, Mexico was horrible..

2. F.F.

F.F. Member

Sep 16, 2004

Wow... you must have an untrained eye... the defense was clearly very well organized... they defended in numbers and closed down passin lanes in the final third... had Yorke's header gone in prior to the opening goal... we would have had a very interesting final 25 mins..

3. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA

Because we know the team is capable of doing more and playing way better than they did last night...TT played a good game no doubt, but with crappy performance by Kikin and (again)Borgetti, the defense didnt have to worry too much about them..proof being the goals, neither of them had to do with creating the plays...

and we know the team will win in concacaf(without being cocky) but we want them to do it playing good football...like we did with the US and Costa Rica..but like another poster said..the team always plays bad against "weaker" teams..

4. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Re: As I warned, this T&T team is getting better everyday!

Yeah, I watched the game, and the tactical improvement of T&T is very noticeable. That stadium sounded awfully quiet until Borgetti finally scored. Far too many U.S. fans are already putting the August game in the win column. Not me. I can sense that the T&T players have quickly bought in to Beenhakker, and will be coming to Hartford ready to spring a big upset. On paper, I still think the U.S. will win, although a draw is a distinct possibility. In any case, the game will not be easy.

5. spooner

spooner Member

Oct 20, 2004
    Yorke did not have a header it was John. I still believe, there was miscommunication resulting in very little movement of the ball. Their first touch on the ball was also very sloppy. You can play a tactical game, but if you cant create the offensive opportunities then as you can see the end result. I believe this team will get better in time.

6. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    T&T went into a bunker and didnt come out, I wont say a good team,but a decent team would have noticed Mexico wasnt having a good game and would have gone for the three points, like Costa Rica in that famous game at the azteca, T&T only aim was not to be crushed, to bad

7. truetrini

truetrini New Member

Feb 20, 2002
    Virginia

Yorke has a header that just barely went wide. John also had one that was blocked.

Trinidad more than held their own verus Mexico, and held Mexico to very few chances.

Goal keeping errors caused T*T a point.

8. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

Totally agree, T&T played very good....

MEX is already qualified, congrats to them also

9. el_zacatecano

el_zacatecano New Member

Jul 11, 2004
    Clovis, Ca.
    Mexico sucked and still won! End of story! :mad:

10. truetrini

truetrini New Member

Feb 20, 2002
    Virginia
    o were stifled by T&T. Face it. Yes you won, but barely.

Your crowd were silent and even booed your players.

get over it

11. el mero mero

el mero mero New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Santa Úrsula
    you guys played your best game in your history, we probably played our worst...

...and we still beat you 2-0

12. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Jesus, you're still arguing over this game...it's history...pasado...

Next game, vs Japan...

13. el_zacatecano

el_zacatecano New Member

Jul 11, 2004
    Clovis, Ca.
    So, do we have to beat you 10-0 every time so you could be happy? You lose by 2-0 and somehow that makes you feel like you progressed?

14. truetrini

truetrini New Member

Feb 20, 2002
    Virginia
    whne did Mexico ever beat T&T by 10 goals? :confused: :rolleyes:

15. truetrini

truetrini New Member

Feb 20, 2002
    Virginia
    In fact the team has progressed. This was the best we have ever played against Mexico in Mexico since we nbeat you 4-0 in Haiti!!!

Now for a Tiny island of 1.2 million people we dont do that badly.

I know that Mexico are the big wigs, but why belittle our performance?

We can boast that we are the only Caribbean Team to trash Mexico on more than one occassion!!! :D

16. truetrini

truetrini New Member

Feb 20, 2002
    Virginia
    Have some manners. You are out of place. Grow up, Mexico is far from being paradise now!

17. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Is it necesary to close this thread guys?
    PLS, this was just a game, and it's over, T&T played good, MEX won, fine, end of the story.