Mexico vs. Honduras- WC qual (III)

Discussion in 'Central America' started by MoRado, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    ...here we go again!

2. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    stick to the topic... off topic posts will be removed as we see them

3. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    offtopic material removed

I say Mex wins 3-1 @ home and tie 2-2 in Honduras.

4. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    we'll most likely draw in Mexico 0-0 or 1-1 but in Honduras i see another hat-trick but not from pavon but from Costly :eek: we'll easily take care of business in San Pedro Sula, 3-1.

5. rceveda

rceveda New Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    yeah... i can see a costly hattrick for some reason...:rolleyes:

6. catracho19

catracho19 New Member

Apr 21, 2008
    He's hungry for more... I say we tie in the Azteca and rape in San Pedro Sula. I can't even imagine what the fans are gonna be like in Honduras. Last time I went to the match against Haiti in La Ceiba they somehow found a way to break the concrete steps and throw them at people. :S Thank god I was on the top section because the people below me had to dodge all shorts of shit.

I say 2-2 tie in the Azteca. Goals for Mexico by Vicente Matías Vuoso and Carlos Vela. Goals for Honduras by Carlo Costly and Julio Cesar de Leon (freekick).

Then, in San Pedro Sula I say we win 3-2. Goals for Mexico by Cuauhtemoc Blanco (penalty - if he plays) and another one by Carlos Vela. Goals for Honduras by David Suazo, Carlo Costly and Wilson Palacios.

7. catracho19

catracho19 New Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Samuel Caballero said he might play. If I was Rueda I would wait to see if they include Blanco and then make the decision. :rolleyes:

8. PARS

PARS Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I have formally sent a letter to the "Real Academia de la Lengua Española"

with the humble request to add a couple of new words (worked for Cantinflear):

Catrachada: Dicese de una afirmacion o prediccion que sobrepasa los limites de la razon y los sueños, sin el mas minimo reconocimiento de los datos ni los hechos.
    Catrachear: Decir catrachadas.

a ver si pega.

peace

/p

9. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    funny....

10. catracho19

catracho19 New Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Cool, I had already sent in a request for the word Aztecazo because that's what our team is going to accomplish. David Suazo and Edgar Alvarez are going to run circles around your players.

11. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I'm hoping you Honduras wins both games! I can difinately see a 3-1 win in SPS, Honduras..... Costly might break mexican hearts again.:D

12. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Sorry, according to wikipedia.com, the word aztecazo already exists
    http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aztecazo

:D
    you can use aztecazo 2008, aztecazo II, aztecazo hondureño

13. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Congrats to Honduras for beating us during the Gold Cup last year and subsequently being beat by the almighty Guadalupe.

A shout out goes out to Guatemala also for beating our Olympic team last fall and celebrating like they qualified for the WC.

I don't see Mexico losing to Honduras in Mexico although it is certainly more than possible but based on FACTS, as in the all-time record between our countries it just seems highly unlikely.

At San Pedro Sula, well, yeah Honduras is usually very strong at home so I'd be happy if we got out of there with a point, although anythins is possible.

Lastly, how many players will be returning for the WC qualifiers that were a part of the Gold Cup team from last year? any additions or subtractions?

14. PARS

PARS Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yup, circles looking for the ball running around our players to the chants of Ole!

Look man, beating us at Azteca is very unlikely for you, as I said earlier, by the time we play in Honduras our situation most likely will be defined, so not the same motivation, and you better hope on that because if our situaton hinges of getting points out of Honduras you should worry. Remember '92 and '93? When we were in a situation where we had to get first place everyone was whipped at Azteca and HON and CAN were whipped at home as well.

On a side note, Garcia Aspe les metio un golazo, de zurda a primer poste, parte externa... un poema.

/p

15. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank
    lol @ the poll results

16. catracho19

catracho19 New Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Yeah... we got way to cocky and lost to the shittiest team in there. It's easy to get cocky after beating Mexico and getting a 5-0 win over Cuba but I see your point. You guys only beat Cuba 2-1. No worries though.

Anyways, I think that this is gonna be our line up.

Goal Keeper - Noel Valladares (Instead of Orlin Vallecillo)
    Left Back - Emilio Izaguirre (Instead of Central Defender)
    Left Center - Maynor Figueroa (New addition)
    Right Center - Victor Bernardez (New addition) or Samuel Caballero
    Right Back - Boniek Garcia (Was there last year)
    Left Midfielder - Julio Cesar de Leon (New addition)
    Left Central Midfielder - Amado Guevara (Was there last year)
    Right Central Midfielder - Wilson Palacios (Was there last year)
    Right Midifielder - Danilo Turcios (New addition) or Edgar Alvarez
    Left Striker - Carlo Costly (You know this guy well ;))
    Right Striker - David Suazo (New addition instead of Carlos Pavon)

17. catrachogol

catrachogol New Member

Mar 6, 2008
    Wow!! man, this is still going huh? We all want to "will" our teams to win ... but it doesn't work like that . It all depends on the following:

1. How each team stands in the field
    2. The skill level of the teams
    3. The conditioning of the teams
    4. and lastly , momentum
    It DOES NOT depend on:
    1. Name of the teams
    2. Home or away
    3. History ( the 1992 Mexican Team can not play anymore )
    4. Who has more players playing in Europe
    So please, it doesn't matter how much passion we display... the game will be played between 22 players on the field. So, with that in mind and in reference to items 1 - 5 above, here we go:

1. I like Honduras counter-attacking with speedy Suazo and Costly
    2. Skill level is very even, although the Mexican Team have been playing together longer.
    3. Conditioning for Honduras is at its best that I have seen. Still left to see is how well they get used to Mexico City.
    4. Momentum, had the game been played after Honduras beat Paraguay , it would have been all Honduras. However, Mexico is under pressure to win and with Honduras counter-attack, it all seems prime for an upset.
    Cheers

18. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    where has he been? Ive always liked the way he played

19. catrachogol

catrachogol New Member

Mar 6, 2008
    BTW, for as much as I like how Dani Turcios is playing right now, I think Honduras will go with a more defensive scheme which wiould rule him out in favour of a more defensive player. However, since Thomas will not be here then it could possibly be .

20. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    I don't know if this is true but I heard from a friend that three of the refs are salvis and one carribean for this game. why not give other refs achance like Canadians does anyone know if this is true?

21. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Yeah it's true, the refs are Salvadoreño.

22. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    And if the ref was Canadian you would cry because Mexico's next game is against Canada. Anyways I think beside that bum Navarro I don't think the Canadians have any semi-competent refs.

23. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

All I care is that the refs better be honest and call the right goals and fouls and not favor the other central american team, I think the FMF has wrote a letter to fifa about whats going on in the in Concacaf against Mexico clubs like what happened with Pachuca vs New England Rev and not just that but these major official events like world cup qualifying. We all know what a creep chuck blazer and jack warner are.
    I heard Blatter is gonna be looking into things.

24. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    here we go again

25. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    man to hell with Ferrari, he dosent run the team, Hendry will be there..count on that ;)