Mexico VS Chile September 4th In Barcelona

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team: News, Analysis & History' started by Tello, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Snoore fest up until the last half hour when most of our starters came in. Gio-Barrera-CH14-Guardado looked pretty good for the couple minutes they played together. I hope we never see Zinha wearing the green again. Kudos to the Chilenos, they have a classy team.

2. JUANMADETWINS

JUANMADETWINS Member

Aug 4, 2010
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    glad da team won vs. good opposition such as chile, glad to see chepo trying out the reserves to see what they got, overall happy with da result

3. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This game would have been awesome to see in the Copa America with both squads at full strength

Real shame we didn't get to see it

4. Tello

Tello BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 20, 2006
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

So it didn't turn out that bad....did it?

5. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I agree. CONCACAF robbed us from a great game and tournament.

6. El Spooky

El Spooky Member+

Jun 15, 2011
    No Merge Krew
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Zavala needs to be a starter.

7. CHIDOWEY

CHIDOWEY Member

Jun 22, 2005
    Hacienda Heights
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I know this has been asked over and over again. Why in the F@##$ does Mexico insist on the short corner kicks??? Is there something I dont know???? Can someone give me an official answer?

Zavala was solid.

8. Robert_08

Robert_08 Member

Jun 13, 2007
    El Paso
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This! Him and Molina in the midfield would be great!

9. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Good Sunday football action. I'd prefer this than anything else. I like Hobbit, but he looks out matched on the field.

10. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    WTF?

Did you watch the game? Marquez in this one game proved AGAIN why hes our best defender despite his age. Marquez playing = Salida, Defensive order. If you look at him when hes on or even off the ball you can see his arm movements wheres hes always instructing the laterales when to push up and also he tells the DM's when to fall back and help defend or also push up.

Maza and Moreno on the other hand just run around and do what they want without talking to each other.....that's why one gets caught off guard and the others dreaming and wakes up to being the last defender vs a 2 man counter.

11. JUANMADETWINS

JUANMADETWINS Member

Aug 4, 2010
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    i would like rafa playin to help push da ball forward, over torrado, but i would like to see bebe n maza there also

12. Swag Flu

Swag Flu Member+

Sep 11, 2008
    Lo$ $candalou$
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

It's getting to the do or die point for him. He looks timid out there. Just call for the ball and do what you're capable of. If not, no worries because we have a surplus of players in your position.

13. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Dont lie bruh....rumor is your a 5'2 nopalito >_>....

14. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Overall a decent performance although neither team really got out of second gear until the last 25 mins.

Everyone played well with the exception of Velarde and Duenas, at least IMO.

I thought Castro was good (pa' que luego no chillen que traigo agenda contra el) and Zavala too. They linked up and executed their roles rather well. Molina-Torrado and Zavala-Castro are two good CM combos, good to know we can mix it up a bit depending on the team we're playing and how we want to play. Next up is a Zavala-Molina pairing to see how well they complement each other.

Sergio Perez was above average and his defensive cover and his surging runs into space coupled with his more defensive nature means Chepo will keep giving him looks, especially if Juarez keeps underperforming.

15. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Also he gets punked off the ball like crazy.......IMO we should just opt for reyna for hobbits spot, and call back vela.

16. Evil

Evil Member

Aug 14, 2010
    Justo cuando pense que el cherokee estaba agarrando confianza y empezaba a verse mejor en la defensa, entra Beausejour y le gana la espalada cuantas veces quizo. Se vio mal al final y la lateral derecha ya es una preocupacion.

17. Robert_08

Robert_08 Member

Jun 13, 2007
    El Paso
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Completely agree with your post

18. ZmoreJH14

ZmoreJH14 Member

May 12, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Decent performance nothing to get thrill about, Good thing we seen the difference between our starters and the subs were a huge difference. Most of the players that started tonight should never be near our senior side again! they are F** horrible really this is why we need Jona,Vela,Fabian,Arellano and even Nery to get the knot over this scums that can't even make a simple pass to save their lives. And once the Pan American games our over, Chepo needs to experiment more and call upon Reyes,Chaton,Aroujo and Davila. We need to see how much depth we have and see better prospects for our future, this mediocre players that started today with the exception of Gio,Rafa,Zavala and Memo, don't fit the bill.

What we learned: Hobbit,Duenas,Aldete,Perez,Castro and Velarde needs to GTFO!

And plz no-more Sinha! this Midget should just retire for good!

19. Q.Q.

Q.Q. Member

Jan 25, 2008
    Antarctica
    Overall ok game versus a very organized team that plays well together.

Pretty much everything been said. Some quick ratings:

Very Good:

Guardado
    Zavala(Though he should watch some of that careless back passing)
    Marquez(Did well with a very inexperience backline)

Good:
    Chicharito
    Giovanni
    Castro

Okay:
    Hobbit(Setup 1-2 dangerous situations that others didn't capitalize on, not much else)
    Barrera(Always hit or miss)
    Cherokee
    Ochoa

Meh:
    De Nigris(1st half didn't suit his game, Chepo should have seen this coming)
    Aldrete
    Salcido
    Torrado
    Velarde(Would rate as "Very Bad" but he played out of position)

Very Bad:
    Duenas(Stupid yellow, other very dumb mistakes, we have much better back up options)
    Zinha(For being on the team sheet and making me anxious about possibly playing)

20. Jimmy America

Jimmy America Member

Jun 4, 2005
    Nerys Eyebrows
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    quite frankly robbed us of an almost guaranteed final. just about every team besides Uruguay was absolute junk. Chile was decent too I guess.

21. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I honestly didnt think Aldrete did that bad, I think he should get a couple more calls to show his full potential.

22. Agapito X Fa

Agapito X Fa Member+

Apr 21, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    anybody have a screenshot of the 4 mamacitas?:D

boring game until 70th minute

surprised with the defense that includes Dueñas :D the only mistake I can recall is not marking Beausejour in that play.

Gio sometimes is a bit selfish, went for the shot when he had Aldo open for a sitter. That being said there's no way Sinha should be starting ahead of him

Chicharito FINALLY beats a defender only mess it up with that shot.

Hobbit a bouncing ball can beat him easily please don't call him up again.

Torrado 2 minutes in the game and makes a silly foul and horrendous pass.

Ochoa calm and cool should be 1# Keeper ahead of Talavera.

Barrera bit slow mentally today.

Guardado MOTM.

23. jcwkings

jcwkings Member+

Feb 26, 2010
    Club:
    Club América
    boring game until the subs came in and both teams went for the win.

i would like for someone to replace barrera eventually in this system. I think we showed today that the best way for this team to attack is to soak up some pressure and then release a quick counter. the thing is barrera is a terrible decision maker on the ball, the guy is fast and can dribble, but he always looks down and doesn't notice his teammates. I think Reyna or Fabian or maybe Arellano can be better than him. Guardado is our best player in my book, he may not be as fast as he used to be but he is quick enough and has the best touch and vision of any our offensive players, and he never stops running. Gio looks alot better than zinha but he still looks out of control when he puts his head down and tries to go on a glory run. He is much better when he slows down, puts his head up and tries to pick out a pass. Maybe someone told him that if you want to wear the #10, you have to show it on the field.

+Guardado(our best player)
    +Gio (when he slows down)
    +Zavala
    +Castro
    +Rafa
    +Ochoa

-Duenas
    -Velarde
    -Barrera
    -Hobbit(hes good, but he just gets out physicaled out there, deserves a few more chances thought before he should be written off)

everyone else was just average for me.

24. AMEPUNKANIST

AMEPUNKANIST Member+

Dec 16, 2003
    Club:
    America Propria
    I was actually worried about this game, especially seen the starting 11.

Meh...chile is still our bitches.

25. Joe_Papi_Brown

Apr 26, 2010
    Texas
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Good game. Cant wait for Fabian and Jona's suspension to be over to see this line up:

.........................Ochoa
    Cherokee...Marquez...Maza.....Torres Nilo
    ......................Jona......Zavala
    Gio...............Marco Fabian........Guardado
    ......................Chicharo

Super Sub:
    Barrera for Fabian(put Gio behind CH14)

Subs:
    Vela
    Nery
    Moreno
    Molina