Mexico sub-23 vs NADS Feb 29th

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Saldgotti1991, Feb 8, 2012.

1. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVp75y3JQ1I"]Guatemala vrs. Mexico Sub-23 Preolimpico Beijin 2008 - YouTube[/ame]

...let's just see what happens.

2. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  3. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Hugo picked out the worst bunch of forwards. Esqueda, Landin, Santiago? puro pinche tronco

can't believe Chicharito was left out of that team. he may not have been a starter with Chivas during that time, but he's way better than those 3 idiots.

4. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I was there also...I will NEVER take anything for granted again.

5. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    Wasn't he thinking about retiring back then? It's pretty easy to say shit like that after the facts but no one even mentioned him at the moment.

Before the tournament everyone though that with those players should be enough to see Mexico thru, fans and Hugo alike, after that we all talked about Gio and Vela not chicharito.

And seeing what happened 4 years ago maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to try and bring Gio, Davila and even Edson Rivera since they don't really play much or at all.

6. Handsome Solo

Handsome Solo Member+

Mar 24, 2011
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Gio's on the team??!

7. elvasco

Sep 10, 2006
  8. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Mamiferos United

Nov 6, 2011
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  10. Mamiferos United

Nov 6, 2011
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

The Mex U-23 coach said today that he has no plan to call in anyone from Europe.. thinks the domestic players should get the job done & doesn't think the Euro clubs would let the players go.

11. Handsome Solo

Handsome Solo Member+

Mar 24, 2011
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Job done for qualifying? ******** hope so, but you know....

Do any of the teams even have to provide the players if they refused anyways? It isn't a FIFA tourney, amirite?

12. Minnesota FC 518

May 22, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No they don't have to release them for qualifying. Olympics have nothing to do with FIFA, which is why there was that big hassle back in '08 with teams not wanting to release players for the actual Games. If memory serves right Schalke was going to try and go to court or something to prevent Rafinha from going to Beijing. One of our midfielders for this current US team, Mix Diskerud, actually put a clause in his contract that stated he would be allowed to leave for Olympics camps/qualifying.

13. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The best part about that article is that it confirms what I though about our formation. 4-2-3-1. I think Tena learned about not playing a backline of 3. We conceded our goals in minutes '90 and '94. Keep the concentration up, bros.

14. elvasco

Sep 10, 2006
    Tena did not learned anything it's all chepo behind the curtains.

15. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    if there is more than one forward and one offensive minded mid, chances are its not tena

16. icii

icii Member

Dec 21, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_1dWaF3MEA&feature=g-user-u&context=G2667983UCGXQYbcTJ33ZlJeY98a8xyurirWUoE1SBo2br5wjNpq0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_1dWaF3MEA&feature=g-user-u&context=G2667983UCGXQYbcTJ33ZlJeY98a8xyurirWUoE1SBo2br5wjNpq0[/ame]

Here a resumen

17. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    I'd like to know how you reached that conclusion when the FMF article states:

Neza, por su parte, intentó con la movilidad de Luciano Emilio al frente. Pero la zaga mexicana compuesta por Hiram Mier, Diego Reyes e Israel Jiménez, fue precisa en sus coberturas.

That factually reads as a three man backline.

Even the video above shows a three man backline with two wingbacks and two CMs although it's hard to tell. I hope you're right though since I've never been a fan of the 5-3-2.

18. icii

icii Member

Dec 21, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He did use a 4 man backline

Jimenez, mier, reyes, chavez

Man, they really need to work on their finishing they missed a lot of goals.

19. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That's how I see it too.

Who did you have as the other wingback besides Chavez, IMD?

20. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    That's what threw me off.....Jimenez is not a CB so it would make no sense to use him as a third CB when you have Rodriguez on the bench.

The mexican media has a nasty habit of mixing up players' positions so I don't usually pay attention to their formation analysis.

Like I said though, Tena better stop f*ckin around with that three man backline.

21. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yeah, I don't think he will. I hope he learned his lesson. So who will we be getting for the Nad game that we didn't have for this game?

22. Mamiferos United

Nov 6, 2011
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Chivas & Cruz Azul players... Aquino, Nestor Araujo are guarantees.

Will see if Tena actually wants any goats (on account of them being the Club America of this season) but it would be Marco Fabian, Kristian Alvarez, Miguel Ponce, Chaton Enriquez & Cubo Torres as the likely call ups (based on Copa America, u-20 World Cup & Panamericans)

23. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i don't think Cubo will get called up. for one thing, the guy hasn't scored. and secondly, he will most likely be playing with the Sub-20 before Sub-23. the guy just turned 19

24. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Brek Shea got called up to replace Donovan for the friendly against Italy so he will not play against us. That means their best player is out for this game which will have an impact on it.

25. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    ohhh no's!

so does that mean that this Sub-23 team went from a B+ squad to a C-?