"Mexico nunca ganará un mundial"

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by Solid444, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    @Paganitzu
    You're up.

LGRod and Colima24 repped this.
  2. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    You said 1 knockout round win in 1 appearances which is precisely what Senegal did. And not the Dutch who went to a semi and final.

It's not a great achievement? WTF? You do realize the 2nd round is the top 16 teams in the world? Getting to the 5th game means it's the top 8 teams in the world, which Mexico isn't part of. Under normal situations there is no problem with losing to better teams. It's only when they screw up against inferior team like in 94 or 2002.

Where is @Stellular6?

3. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    lol no mames Kanye

So Bielsa, one of your answers for coaching, went thru the same coaching carousels bullshit during his stay in Mexico. Is that the one way you are talking about when you jump on the anybody but the guy in charge bandwagon? Instead of following through with a long term process and letting the coach do his job.

That best players, like Tecatito right?, argument is bullshit as well and already been proven wrong.

Tecatito? LOL

Kaney repped this.
  4. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    My bad.

Lets stay with Chepo. Nevermind that he would find a way to lose even if we had a Messi or a Ronaldo.

"Our young players aren't ready and our regular Europeans aren't in form."

*starts Maza and Salcido*

You're right.

Salcido and Maza will get us to the round of 16 again. We'll finally call up players from our youth team when Salcido is 48 and about to retire. LOL.

Nestor's plan is awesome, brosef.

Nestor's plan? LOL.

LGRod repped this.
  5. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yeah about that Nestor Plan.

Name one cycle where Mexico's youth set-up gave out continuous results like this one.

Everybody is circle jerking around Reyes because of his potential and young age. He has 2 youth world cups, a copa america, toulon, gold medal, confeds under his belt.

DAT Nestor Plan in a nutshell.

Various Styles repped this.
  6. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Again, did his plan include us almost not qualifying for Brazil?

7. icybauer

icybauer Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    damn am i really going to read this again…..

8. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    If you don't want it to stop, bring out a Choropleth map so Kaney can run away screaming.

Rebaño_Sagrado repped this.
  9. Stellular6

Stellular6 Member+

May 31, 2012
    Looking for a new avie
    It's Valentine's Day bruh.

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]
    :(:cry:

Don Boppero 3000 and LGRod repped this.
  10. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [​IMG]

Shzm13, icybauer, LGRod and 1 other person repped this.
  11. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I would say not qualifying would have been a big ass fracaso, but the long term plan, with continued success in the youth systems and players with over hundreds of games of experience in the national teams, would have given the team the best shot at being contenders in 2018. Which is something that Nestor emphasized.

You on the other hand offer no solutions only to tear everything down.

And for all your praising of other countries, the system was adopted from what you see in other successful countries.

12. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Prepare your ass?

And his original post

Prepare your junior?

I guess the Dutch get prepare for an anal rape, but not sure if that's what you mean.

Shzm13, Baysic, Neymadres and 4 others repped this.
  13. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    junior is Mexican slang for ass...

Shzm13 and LGRod repped this.
  14. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Oke

Hahaha

To be fair, the Dutch defence will be unproven and every nation has a shot at defeating us. There are about 7 central defenders who might be a starter and I've really no clue who of them will start. Form depended, but almost all of them are Eredivisie players and very inconsistent.

JJV1994, Shzm13, Rebaño_Sagrado and 2 others repped this.
  15. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #165 AMLO2018, Feb 15, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  16. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    It would take another article to define the footballing culture of a country. However, for the sake of this thread and because it applies to Mexico not being WC contenders I will give my two devaluating pesos on the subject. The main promoters of our (Mexican) football culture is the media which has shown to be sensationalist and negative. FACT: in the past 20 years the Mexican national has been the most successful it has ever been. Yet, we still refer to the Tricolor as "Ratoncitos Verdes" and the word Fracaso has become synonymous of the national team. This in turn affects the way we view the MNT and Liga MX club football which leads to conformity which has been detrimental to Mexican football's success.

The best example for this is the fear of failure and how fans have been conditioned to accept certain aspects of the national team and league play. In Liga MX we have a mickey mouse promotion and relegation system which in turn allows "top" clubs to continually screw up. Because there is a fail-safe as fans we are not very demanding of how our clubs are managed. There is always next season and in every season there are two tourneys to win the league title with a playoff system that allows the 8th place team a shot for glory. At this point we should not be surprised if FMF starts handing out 10th place trophies and orange wedges at half time.

What would the pressure to succeed be like if one bad tourney spelled relegation, if finishing in 8th place meant having a bad season and there was only one league championship a year. I tell you what it would be like it would separate the men from the boys and weed out bad players, coaches, and owners. The top clubs would truly be top clubs. This is the reason why when compared to the Real Madrid's and Manchester United's the expectations that Mexican fans have for their clubs are much lower. Worse, we have come to accept it. We have settled for the scraps from the FMF's table.

When it comes to the national team the opposite happens as we have greater than expectations. Given that the NT is fueled by the league why is it that we pressure and hold the Tricolor to greater responsibilities than we do our own club teams. Knowing that all the WC winners have (or had) strong leagues then our focus for improvement should be in improving our league. However, we lack the culture to push for these improvements. Football in Mexico came into fruition in the late 50's and Televisa promptly took over. Our leagues "Super Classico" was created by television magnate Emilio Azcárraga Milmo who bought América and told his players, "I do not know much about football, but I do know a lot about business, and this, gentlemen, will be a business". And soon after we heard, "If Chivas are the good guys then we will be the bad guys."

In that sense Mexican football did not get a chance to have a grass roots movement. Unlike Argentina and Brazil where football blossomed in the slums, football in Mexico went from the introduction from the foreigners to the amateur era past-time of the rich to being owned by companies. This is why Chivas became so popular and were influential with the rise in popularity of the sport. Their nickname was given to them in jest as the lowly blue collar players looked like goats in the field compared to their upper class rivals Atlas who had learned the game playing in college squads in England. The Campeonismo era in many ways was the triumph of the lower class even if just symbolically because the squad was composed of local players. However, this change came too late. By the 70's the (Televisa controlled) FMF had changed the league structure to a playoff system.

Rebaño_Sagrado repped this.
  17. Rojinegro1

Rojinegro1 Member+

Jun 26, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You sure spend a lot of time thinking hard about incredibly frivolous things.

As long as the FMF/Televisa/etc. are they way they are we are going to find it very difficult to be an elite international squad, even though we have the talent to do so.

iveman27 and LGRod repped this.
  18. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003
    News flash. When you have a big enough news market, the media will always evolve to be sensationalist and negative.

The biggest news channel in the US, is Fox News. It happens absolutely everywhere, even in countries where you have elite national teams. You can repeat it all you want, the media in Mexico is not any worse than any other big media market in the world.

Media companies are businesses and businesses care about profits and sensationalist/negative headlines bring in more profit than a positive one.

Shzm13 repped this.
  19. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    True, but unlike the readers in most of those countries where elite national teams reside, the average Mexican believes most of the bullshit spewed out by the sports media...

metalmaster and iveman27 repped this.
  20. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003
    And I repeat, Fox News is the biggest TV news station in the US and I can guarantee you most of the viewers do not tune in for shits and giggles (even though some do).

Whenever you have such a big market, some sources have to position themselves in a certain way to get a piece of the pie and a lot of the time they choose a overly negative or overly positive positions. This is no different that positioning any other product in a big market.

This happens all over the world. You might as well argue that our grass is green.

However, give me concrete examples of the bullshit mexicans believe from the media (I am assuming that you are refering to a majority here).

21. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    rolf.

Everything they write.

22. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    I don't know. I think media has some accountability in the US and they can't just throw accusations without any basis or legal trouble would happen. I know the media is bad in parts but I doubt a Hector Huerta can just go on accusing people without basis constantly in other markets. Even a crazy sounding story in the US sport press I feel can have some base unlike in Mexican media.

23. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003
    Hector Huerta is small beans, he is the 5th most important personality in Mexico's 3rd most important futbol network.

In he US, you have famous anchors in the number one network saying that Obama is a muslim and was born in Nigeria.

I just do not see it.

24. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003
    Well, who can argue with that.

Kaney repped this.
  25. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    VS was referring to media as it pertains to futbol in Mexico. Faux news?