Mexican stadiums Vol II

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by sidspaceman, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    eso si que ya son mamadas

2. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    RDL, porque dices que son mamadas?

3. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    cuz it looks like the gym is inside the stadium looking over the pitch. that what is looks from the drawings...

i am against restaurants, swimming pools, bars, etc inside the stadium.....
    all that shit does is kill the atmosphere..... you have a bunch of ********ing socialites that think going to a game is some modeling/job interview...

it is a fcking game.....not a who's who of the social world

4. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    I agree that those type of facilities turn into a who's who affair.

As to whether those facilities kill the atmosphere, I think it depends on stadium capacity and amount of facilities per stadium.

For example I don't think "Freedom" in Estadio Azteca kills the atmosphere.

Yet put that facility in a smaller stadium in addition to a gym you might have a point, because stadium capacity is reduced.

5. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Estadio Tecnologico

Aerial View

[​IMG]

View from the University Metro Station

[​IMG]

Loyal Fans

[​IMG]

photos courtesy of Regio_MTY from skyscrapercity.com

6. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Del portal del gobierno de Ags..

[​IMG]

7. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Best stadium in the Liga de Ascenso

[​IMG]

8. Carcacha

Carcacha Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It was only a matter of time before the "VIP" trend in Mexico leaked into the stadiums. I mean, you see that shit everywhere in Mexico, from strip joints to gyms to antros to movie theatres - I'm surprised it took this long actually.

The only positive is that those VIP-type facilities will bring in more $$ to the stadium.

9. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank

10. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Re: Estadio Tecnologico

Monterrey's metro is very impressive. If they keep expanding it, it could surpass DF's in regard to quality.

If Mexico guaranteed that they would have a high speed rail to all the hosting cities if they were awarded the 2018 or 2022 WC that would go a long way into helping push their bid up.

11. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    nice way to back pedal.

The Times recently published a list of the top 10 stadiums

1.-Signal Iduna Park, (Borussia Dortmund)
    2.Giuseppe Meazza ( Inter Milan, A.C Milan)
    3.Anfield (Liverpool)
    4.Inonu Stadium (Besikts J.K)
    5.Allianz Arena (Bayern Munich)
    6.Santiago Bernabéu (Real Madrid)
    7.La Bombonera (Boca Juniors)
    8.Staionui Dinamo (Dynamo Bucarest)
    9.Nou Camp (F.C Barcelona)
    10.Craven Cottage (Fullham F.C)

8 of their 10 stadiums were built more than 30 years ago. Some even were built over a century ago. They just have been retrofitted with the times.

terrible analogy. First of all, 4k can get you another used car that is more reliable.

refurbishing still saves money.

If you are going to spend 500M in a renovation (pouring new footers for roof structure, retrofitting the edifice with modern electrical solutions, modern ergonomic features) OR spend 500M in a new building (start to finish), sure... I am with you.

But refurbishing a stadium is still a cheaper option in most cases. When you look at most of the newer stadiums that are being erected in Europe, they come with price tags that are near the billion dollar mark (when you consider additional costs not related to actual construction). Who is going to pay for that? Do you want to get taxed while and owner reaps all the benefits? If an owner wants to build it himself without having the municipal do his dirty work and raise taxes, SURE, more power to him (owner).

But when you look at Germany, they spent a fraction of what they would have had to spend by retrofitting their old stadiums into state of the art facilities.

refurbishing, renovating, and retrofitting a project/building when it's viable, fiscally responsible, and community-orientated - ALWAYS.

New development when renovating is not an option, when it can uplift a community, when it can reduce costs, reduce congestion, and be socially responsible -- i am all ears.

------

Your subtle attempt in labeling me as some conservationist is funny, because I am not against new developments nor am I against retrofitting. What I am against is stupidity. When it makes more sense to retrofit, why not retrofit?

It seems that you have some inferiority complex that if we do not have all new stadiums, Mexico will be labeled third world. And when I mentioned to you that just about every UEFA 5 star stadium in Europe, predate ours (some by more than 70 years) you back pedal and candy coat your stance.

I am not the one being close minded. I am not against new developments. I think in the case of Santos and Chivas, they took proper actions. The fact that most of the money came from private individuals and corporations rather than the poor tax payers, makes it even a sweeter deal.

However, Leon (Estadio Leon), Veracruz (Pirate Fuentes) are owned by their respective governments. The buildings are in a position to be retrofitted. There is room for expansion. Public access is available (highway, bus, etc). Parking is available. Why not refurbish? Why make the local taxpayers pay more?

12. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank
    Nothing that you mentioned in this novel of yours is even close to changing my mind about this. You keep telling me the same thing over and over. I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

I'll have to agree to disagree with you.

I'll leave you with my statements below, which are statements i'm sticking with. Out with the old, in with the new.

13. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

its like all those heuvones at work, looking outside that tall building into Estadio Azul to check out the game. or hanging out the windows/ceiling.

or is that a depa?

14. Carcacha

Carcacha Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The question then lies of when these rehabs are supposed to take place. These things take time and it'd be hard to do all the renovation/rehab work during the off season.

15. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i figure that teams would have to start to share stadiums

thats the only possible way

16. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I guess its a pride thing with you then? huh? Don't wan to be perceived as third world huh?

Pride is a funny business.

your mentality reminds me of an ex worker of mine who had to leave after his visa expired. After spending many years in the states, he decides to go home, but he wanted to buy a car to take home. I told him h should just buy it in Mexico to save him the hassle, but did he listen? No.

His mentality can best be described by what he told me and I quote "I left Mexico on foot and want to go back to my ranch in a car"

I told him not to do it, because 1) he did not have a driver's license and with an expired visa, it was near impossible to get one, 2) he couldn't get insurance without a DL, 3) without insurance, he couldn't get registration, and without insurance, 4) couldn't transfer the title.

So, when I said to him that his international license was a scam and had no legality, he said "the only permit I need is from God"

So, after not listening to me, he calls me and everything I told him was going to happen, happened. So, he finally tells me what he is spending on the car and I basically yelled at him if he was stupid. That he was getting ripped off. He was buying a car 10 years older (Mexican laws state that a vehicle has to be 10 years old) for +4K. I told him that for a fraction, I could get him a cheaper car, with less miles, and fully inspected by a mechanic. He insist he wants the car and ask if I could do him the favor.... So I did... That's actually when he told me ""I left Mexico on foot and want to go back to my ranch in a car". So he spend nearly 5K on the car and all the legal mumbo jumbo (using my name and info).

So, when it was time to transfer title and register the car into his name.... he couldn't because of the insurance. So what turned out to be 5K, turned out to be 8K. Then the 1200 he spent on the road, not to mention the other monies he spent to nationalize the car in Mexico and the 'mordidas'.

He spent nearly 10K on a used car that will probably last him 2-4 years. When he could have spent far less than that by doing what was sensible, but instead acted on pride. His pride cost him a lot.

I say do what is sensible. If you err, err on the side of ignorance and not on the side of arrogance. At least with ignorance, you don't know any better and act (perhaps by inexperience), but with arrogance, you know and still act.

but, I will respectfully agree to disagree with you because I believe in what is sensible.

17. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I don't know if those buildings are entirely residential units, but the few reports that I have seen are from folks in their apartments.

Cruz Azul don't own that stadium. It is owned by a group (Cosio). I wonder if they own the surrounding buildings

18. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank

Must have been a cute story, but I didn't read it, I skimmed to quote these two parts.

Part of the reason i'm stopping this "debate" is because your replies are way too damn long. I'm serious.

Mexico is third world, no doubt about that, but go ahead and keep pushing for simple refurbishments and new coats of paint.

I'm just glad two great franchises like Chivas and Santos opted to take my route instead of yours.

19. Carcacha

Carcacha Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    true. Or, teams could begin scheduling some games in the states during the season.

20. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Bro first of all you contradicted yourself two post ago.

Second the Reason why Chivas opted out into building a new stadium was for $$ not for what you believe in. Vergara could have easily thrown in some money and said lets refurbish this stadium and could have continued to share the wealth. But instead he is building a new stadium owned by "chivas" (omnilife) and increasing his pockets by 90% profit hell it could be 100 for all I know.

21. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank

He can profit 99% for all I care, in the end, he's delivering on a stadium that gets all the Chivas fans wet with joy as they see the progress.

22. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

I agree brother

23. Carcacha

Carcacha Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i see RDL's perspective and it makes sense. why build a perfectly new stadium when you can rehab a decent one for a fraction of the price? reminds me of my college stadium thats gotten facelifts each year instead of being torn down and rebuilt....even tho its 90 years old

then again, a modernization ala Dubai of soccer stadiums doesnt sound bad. a new stadium may revitalize a particular city/community and create new jobs. at the same time, new stadiums would be raising the bar for the future.

24. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You're missing the point. :rolleyes:

25. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank

Good post. I see his point, but I like mine better.

And you're missing mine. Big deal, I'm over it.