Mexican stadiums Vol II

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by sidspaceman, Oct 15, 2008.

1. mrfutbol

mrfutbol Member+

Apr 6, 2008
    Some of our FMF stadiums are new and can be remodeled with more decks to add seating capacity. Then they could host concerts or other events to fill the stadiums to get some revenue.

Some are already being constructed, like the Chivas Stadium which would meet the FIFA seating requirements for WC, the Estadio Corona that is being built would have to add some more seats.

A couple more new stadiums would be nice. And you have to look at stragetically, where to build new ones.

Cancun is a tourist spot and Atlanted needs a better stadium.

Tijuana would have been nice to put one there, because since it right on the border, the FMF fans from San Diego could cross over to watch some games of FMF if they could get a team from La Primera Division.

Rayados of Monterrey has to borrow the TEC University stadium. And Monterrey one of the major cities of Mexico needs one.

2. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
  3. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    50 to 60? Try 20 to 40 years.

And how do you know its not worth saving (refurbishing)?

If congestion (traffic) is a problem, sure develop a new project. If public transportation is not viable, why not build a new stadium. If the stadium's structure is questionable, might as well build a new development.

But if transportation, parking, structure is not an issue, why spend more?

Why take an important feature from a community (as a stadium) and build it in open space? Most stadiums that are built on new developments, away from communities are built on industrial and commercial zones that do not allow residential homes near by.

To think of a stadium as an addition to a mall or shopping center cheapens the experience. To think of a stadium as part of a community, really brings the stadium to life.

But your only argument is that you want something new. THAT IS IT. I am not against new development, but only when the stadium is obsolete and moving the stadium to another location will create more full time jobs (not temp jobs like contruction, etc)

Normally, history and architecture having nothing in common when it comes to remodeling and refurbishing, but what would you say that there are some stadiums in the first division (In Mexico) that were constructed alongside German architects, planners. Not that different eh?

People jizz in their pants at the glipse of Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge, Singnal Iduna Park (Dortmund) and wouldn't you know.... they are stadiums that were built long ago, and just kept getting refurbished. Look at the number of UEFA Elite stadiums (formerly known as 5-star) that predate our very own stadiums. Only Elite stadiums can host Champions League or Europa Cup finals. Many of those stadiums were refurbished. Barca's stadium had been refurbished and was categorized 5-star. Bernabeu was not categorized 5 star at first, but then they refurbished it.

Before you say anything about UEFA not pertaining to us, in actuality, it does, since most of FIFA's stadium requirements come from UEFA's own stadium guidelines.

There is a fascination in the US about tearing things down and building everything new. I don't agree with that concept, not if its not necessary and not if its not going to create full time jobs and not if it doesnt make sense from a financial standpoint.

They have no place in this conversation? How convenient for you.

I guess you did not like hearing that stadiums that pre date our stadiums by nearly 50 years were refurbished.

I rest my case.

And then what? What does that ensure? If we don't does that make us look third world :rolleyes:

The majority of the stadiums in the Premiership, La Liga, Serie A, Bundisliga are refurbished stadiums. They are first world.

4. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Estadio Chivas

[​IMG]

photo courtesy of lupersinski from skyscrapercity.com

5. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Estadio Jalisco

Esta foto es del Jalisco cuando lo estaban terminando la primera parte.... los que saben la historia saben a que me refiero.

[​IMG]

photo courtesy of licmerca2 from skyscrapercity.com

6. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Estadio Chivas

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

photos courtesy of alehr20-gdl from skyscrapercity.com

7. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Estadio Chivas

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Estadio Chivas

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:cool:

9. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Estadio Victoria

[​IMG]

10. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Avances del Territorio Santos Modelo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

photos courtesy of de la laguna from skyscrapercity.com

11. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Avances del Territorio Santos Modelo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

photos courtesy of de la laguna from skyscrapercity.com

12. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    1st phase Estadio Caliente

[​IMG]

photos courtesy of Pidrovati from skyscrapercity.com

13. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Santo's stadium has been the fastest built I have seen. I know its smaller but still, its amazing how much has been done.

14. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i guess it has to do with a real serious plan unlike the chivas stadium

the city and the state is involved..at least thats what my uncle told me, half my fam is from...but its a lil hard to believe him sometimes haha he also told me they are building disneyland mexico :p

15. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    well, when you are honest, forthcoming, and diligent of one's duties, things get done in a timely fashion.

you have to applaud Santos and Grupo Modelo for lining up all their ducks, and then inviting people to the duck hunt.

What Chivas and Grupo Omnilife did was really unprofessional. They talked about building the largest stadium in Latin America and the most modern in the world. They sold suites to the stadium with the notion of it being opened by 2006. They did not have all the proper permits to proceed with the project. They did not pay certain contractors.

Do not get me wrong, I am happy that they are building a new stadium. Jalisco is obsolete in the sense that the urbanization really spawned around it. Traffic wise, it is a mess. Go to Google maps, and you will see what I am talking about.

But, they should have kept quiet, lined up all their ducks in a row, and then invite people to the dunk hunt.

16. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Re: 1st phase Estadio Caliente

Is the TJ stadium a brand new one, or are they remodeling and old one?

17. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I remember as soon as it was announced it seemed like they came out with the report that it was 30% complete and pics came out showing the lowest tier almost done. I can only hope that the Monterrey stadium goes this fast. That stadium is going to be the crown gem when its built.

So is the Azteca really being remodeled/rebuilt or is that just rumors?

18. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i think its just rumors cause i havent seen anything on it

i really wish televisa would try to do something about it...its a li crummy and outdated

19. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Mexico is hosting one of the youth WCs in 2011. I wonder if any stadiums are getting a face lift?

20. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Vergara is a loud mouthed prick that should be executed and not given a proper burial.

He'd sell out his family for a buck and the publicity.

21. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Re: 1st phase Estadio Caliente

It's new. It is been built on the grounds of the Agua Caliente Racetrack. In its time, it was one of the most famous on the West Coast.

22. mrfutbol

mrfutbol Member+

Apr 6, 2008
    Monterrey deserves a stadium. Rayados has to borrow the TEC stadium. Both the Rayados and Tigres games always packs them in with fans. A new stadium would be nice.

23. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    In Vergara I trust

The Monterrey stadium was suppose to be ready for 2011

such a shame

[​IMG]

24. mrfutbol

mrfutbol Member+

Apr 6, 2008

That stadium looks nice. It will fill up with fans. Because if you have noticed the Rayados and Tigres home games, they are always full with fans.

In my opinion regarding Tijuana. Since it is a border city, and if they were to land a team from Liga Primera, they would probably fill up with fans from Tijuana and the paisanos living in San Diego would probably travel to Tijuana.

25. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Presentan el proyecto Rock Sport en el TSM

[​IMG]

En una espectacular ceremonia fue presentado de manera oficial el proyecto de Rock Sport Fitness Club del Territorio Santos Modelo, el cual será inaugurado el próximo 11 de noviembre junto con el nuevo estadio del Santos Laguna. La construcción del gimnasio tendrá un costo superior al millón de dólares y será el más moderno de todo el país.

elsiglodetorreon.com.mx

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mediotiempo.com