Mexican stadiums Vol II

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by sidspaceman, Oct 15, 2008.

1. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Re: Estadio Chivas

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank
    Dammit, I swear this stadium looks the same every time I see updates, I'm dying to see the finished product. I've never seen a rendering like this stadiums before. Totally original, but I'm running out of patience.

3. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    IMO, it's not going to be ready by July, but it has advanced. They've placed over half of the roof (example from pics above), as well as the upper stands. The folks over at skyscrapercity think it'll move along at a decent pace because the rented cranes they are using are pretty expensive.

4. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    the cowboys stadium is going to open in july and it looks so much further than the chivas one.... they're finishing up high way work and such.

5. Carcacha

Carcacha Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Toluca is in real need of a new stadium

6. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    they should just renovate that one... it seems to have such a great atmosphere and european feel

7. Carcacha

Carcacha Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    renovation wouldnt be bad. the stadium is old tho and it shows on the outside. the fact its in downtown toluca adds to the atmosphere.

my dad and I were talkkin this past weekend and we came to the conclusion that with all the development/construction going on in Toluca and Metepec, the team should jus build a new stadium in the metepec area. There's plenty of land and all the new stores, malls, restaurants are being built there....besides i believe the team practices in Metepec.

8. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    El Estadio Azul looks pretty messed up also. I remember somebody posted an article that said that Cruz Azul wanted to build a new one, I guess it was never serious.

9. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank
    The worst part about it is that it seems that there is no parking available for the fans? What kind of b.s. is that?

10. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don't know what to believe anymore, some say a new one is in the works others say its not.

11. ryancholden

ryancholden Member

May 4, 2009
    Iowa
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm a new fan to Mexican Football, I live in Iowa. I recently made a trip to Playa Del Carmen and picked up an Atlante kit, and have been watching their matches on Telemundo here... They won a tournament 2 years ago, but don't seem to get real good attendance... What is up with that? I understand the move from MC must have hurt them... I'm looking for a bright side after this season, is there one?

12. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    i'm sure if they make the world clubs cup they won't sell their young players, maybe even buy a few good ones to improve the squad. which is better than the record shows imo

13. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    you didn't see their attendance in d.f.

14. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
  15. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
  16. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
  17. ryancholden

ryancholden Member

May 4, 2009
    Iowa
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is your opinion on the Olympic Stadium where Pumas plays? I hate how it looks on TV with the track... Is the track still ever used?

18. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think every single stadium with a track sucks. I'm pretty sure they still use it since it is on university grounds and I'm pretty sure UNAM has a track team.

19. mrfutbol

mrfutbol Member+

Apr 6, 2008
    I don't like futbol stadiums with a track. They should build a new stadium for Pumas.

20. GBNL

GBNL Member+

Jun 1, 2008
    RGV, Texas
    Lol..i had nothing else to do...
    [​IMG]

21. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Culpó Jorge Vergara a ICA del retraso en el nuevo estadio chiva

Jorge Vergara Madrigal, Presidente del Guadalajara, señaló que el nuevo Estadio de Chivas no se ha terminado debido a que se presentaron algunos errores de cálculo por parte de la empresa constructora, pero fijo una fecha, "en noviembre lo tendremos terminado".

http://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/m...a-a-ica-del-retraso-en-el-nuevo-estadio-chiva

22. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
  23. Omar

Omar Hurrrrr....

Nov 23, 2007
    Monterrey MEX
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I will pee in my pants if they actually build the EIM... but its highly unlikely.

Would be great if Monterrey actually tries to get the Olympics in 2020.

Meh, a man can dream...

24. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Monterrey new stadium is on lock down until after the elections right?

I heard El PAN stopped construction on the stadium

25. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    Speaking of elections and stadiums, one of the latest Vergara interviews had him saying he wasn't worried about the Zapopan via de accesos requirement before inaugurating the Chivas Stadium, because a new administration was coming in soon.