Mexi-Spazzo's Wall of Shame

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Rafael Hernandez, Jun 16, 2011.

1. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Not true!

Look it up, 60% are mix Amerindian and White, 30 % are Amerindian and 10% are white.

I will give you that lots of the 60% look white and could be considered white.

I guess that it would depend on what you classify as white.

2. El Mariachi

El Mariachi Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Más Allá
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    maybe he is referring to caucasian

3. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or the shade of skin, I mean Obama is just as white as he is black right?

I am pretty pale, but my dad's side of the family is brown.

Maybe light and dark is better (like star wars) :D

4. El Jalisciense

El Jalisciense Member+

Feb 7, 2009
    Dalton, Georgia
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The reference was to Caucasian Americans. The ones who have generations and generations here and therefore feel more American than the rest. A white looking Mexican-American is not the same as a Caucasian American atleast not in the majority of the Caucasian American's eyes. The white looking Mexicans are able to mask their heritage more in order to fit in.

5. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mark Sanchez Jesica Alba type.

6. Lalo37

Lalo37 Member+

Jan 29, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Correct. I am "American" because I was born here, but I am not "white". My point is that guys assume I should root for the USA because I was born here. That will NEVER happen.

7. Lalo37

Lalo37 Member+

Jan 29, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Well put

8. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    you certainly thought they would win, before the game....

mexi-spazzo for reals

9. Lalo37

Lalo37 Member+

Jan 29, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Spot on, again,

10. Lalo37

Lalo37 Member+

Jan 29, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    And? What's your point? My prediction was SPOT ON for the first 23 minutes. Then the rest of the game I was completely WRONG which I'm okay with because my team won. Because I think Mexico will lose, has nothing to do with me "rooting' or "liking" them any less.
    I hope this game will serve to help them turn the page of getting out of control as soon as they go down to the US...Hopefully this was a nice learning lesson on how to react...and react they did.

11. IMperfect

IMperfect Member

May 6, 2009
    chicaligonia
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    I'm glad we glorify players for scoring goals against minnows and then becoming completely absent in the semi's and finals simply because they're 'popular.' Chicharito did as much as Ochoa this gold cup. MVP should have gone to either Barrera, Gio, or Guardado. Nice spin though. :rolleyes:

12. Minnesota FC 518

May 22, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah but you also completely ignored the point i made when i called you out for saying "It bugs the $hit out of me when you see Mexican/Central Americans etc...donning the US jersey....Almost as if they are trying to get Americans to like them more". if they're american, they're american. it doesn't matter what skin color you are. have you looked at the us teams (especially the youth teams) lately? looks like a colored makeup of the us to me.

13. Lalo37

Lalo37 Member+

Jan 29, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Called me out?????? You asked a question. Hardly calling anyone out. POINT I was trying to make is that some people, obviously not American, root for the USA over their country of birth so that they can fit in and have "Americans" like them. Funny part is that those same "Americans" that high five them at games for rooting against their own, are the same "Americans" who talk $hit about these immigrants coming to this country and taking "their" jobs.
    "Help me cheer for the USA at the game, but once the game is over, go back to where you came from!!!!!!!!!"

14. Minnesota FC 518

May 22, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ok well then you completely ignored the question. and so what, you're mad at them for assimilating to there adopted country? maybe they wanted to be an american.. which is why they immigrated here, just like all the immigrants at the turn of the century who came through ellis island. and americans talk shit about illegal immigrants, big difference. do mexican-americans and legal mexican immigrants get lumped in there sometimes with the illegals? yeah, probably. not trying to be racist or anything but look at the facts, where are almost all the illegals coming from? if i was mexican-american i'd be pissed at the illegals for giving me a bad name. i couldn't care less if you respected american law and came here the legal way. i'd say good for you, welcome to my country.

15. Lalo37

Lalo37 Member+

Jan 29, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Ahhhhh typical. A Minnesotan trying to teach me about immigration and assimilation. Please spare me. I get enough of that at work. I grew up in SoCal and I've lived all over the world so I don't need Minnesotans (Who most have never left except to visit the Dells) to teach me about assimilation and immigration and things of that nature.....Assimilation, and not rooting for the country you currently reside in in a SOCCER game have nothing to do with each other. Especially when said country cares NOTHING about soccer. So yes, yes it is comical to watch immigrants root against their own in an effort to please Americans.

16. drunkguy10

drunkguy10 El Sancho

Dec 26, 2006
    No idea
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    no seas mamon.

17. Minnesota FC 518

May 22, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    right, because you know anything about my history or ethnic background..

and i've never been to the dells, had better places to go visit.

18. PanchoM

PanchoM Member

Nov 3, 2001
    PalmsPlace
    There are only 3 races
    Black
    white
    mongoloid

I dont know what merindian,native american,chicano,cholo,wtf etc. those are not races . neither is being Mexican BTW . :D

19. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    ya empezo

20. El Jalisciense

El Jalisciense Member+

Feb 7, 2009
    Dalton, Georgia
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    ELL is bad but IMperfect makes him sound like a genius.:D

21. Charlie512

Charlie512 Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Texas
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Hey man back off Mexican-Americans who root for USA. It is their choice and no should judge them on it. No human being owes any allegiance to any National team because of their ethnicity or nationality. It is up to the individual to choose.

I was born here in the United States, yet I don't feel like that forces me to become a fan of the USMNT.
    I was born from Mexican parents yet that also doesn't force me to become a fan of Mexico.
    I chose to become a fan of Mexico because I like their football. Plain and simple. I would also respect any other person who took the choice of supporting the USMNT. Its all about respect and tolerance, you should really learn what that is.

Not to mention that many of those Mexican-American's have been here in the US for countless generations being just as American as George Washington. No shame on them if they want to root for the USMNT.

ceezmad repped this.
  22. TallTowerMan

TallTowerMan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Race issues out of this thread please. Thanks.

23. El Jalisciense

El Jalisciense Member+

Feb 7, 2009
    Dalton, Georgia
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It's cool man you have your opinion, I have mine. I can't stand that Mexican-Americans support all those racist immigration laws, but that's just me.

24. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you support all of Mexico’s Immigration laws?

Do you support how Mexican Immigration treats Central American illegals?

25. El Jalisciense

El Jalisciense Member+

Feb 7, 2009
    Dalton, Georgia
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Hell no I don't. Mexico's government is worthless. I have never defended the damn government. Government everywhere is always working so that the rich get richer. They are all corrupt, just some more than others, and some are just better at not letting it be exposed.