Messina vs. Roma [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by SoccerFan8270, Sep 19, 2004.

1. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    At half time it's 1-1. Messina's goal was by Parisi in the 20th minute by a penalty kick. Roma's goal was by Montella in the 35th minute.

2. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    FINAL:
    Messina: 4
    Roma: 3

Parisi(pen.) 20', Sulli 47', Zampagna 77', Giampa 80', Montella 35' 72' 75'

Wow what a game. A hat trick by Montella but Roma still couldn't get the win.

3. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    wow Roma is not looking good this year.

4. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This coming from an Inter fan whose team has 2 points. Remember Totti, Cassano, and Chivu didn't play, Roma scored enough goals but Totti and Cassano would have given Roma more possession and Chivu would help in defense.
    I didn't like that penalty call against Mexes.

5. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    roma was picked to be in the top 4 this year. but with this result to Messina (just came up 2 serie a). with all the name players, and with the campion leg. loss (plus maybe a ban), they arent looking good. 2 straight games, they should of won, or even should of tied, yet lose.

6. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Inter tied two teams they should have beat with just about all their players available and are behind Roma, so you really can't talk.

7. Carletto Mazzone

Carletto Mazzone New Member

Feb 13, 2004
    we're only two games in. i think it is hard to say that a team is not looking good when they have 3 points in two games. certainly, roma are not looking good when you look at a disgraceful week regarding the frisk incident (and what they will probably face in terms of sanctions), cassano's behavior and being only 3 weeks in with a new coach. throw in all that happened this summer and yeah, things have been better, but to say they are not looking to good based on one result only 2 weeks into the campionato is being a bit harsh.

it sounds like rudi's decision to take montella out (after 3 goals!?) was a big mistake and the turning point in the match.........but it's good to know he is getting ready to fly again!

8. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Montella went out due to injury

9. Carletto Mazzone

Carletto Mazzone New Member

Feb 13, 2004
    thanks romagoal. i did not watch any games or highlights today. i saw the tabellone on line with only line-ups, goalscores and substitutions. i'm only getting to read about the games now.

it seems like montella went out right after his 3rd goal. i hope that the injury is not serious. it sounds like he is in form and we'll definately need him on wednesday when we play lecce (still without cassano and perhaps totti).

any news on what the injury is? hopefully not his knee!

10. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    i am very disappoined at inter too ok.

11. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003

all about the positivity and all.. but be serious... conceding 4?????? not good enough... period.. i dont care if you have the reserves in vs. this side~

12. dela

dela New Member

May 14, 2004
    on the right flank
    No worries. Its only week two people. The Giallorossi will prove themselves. The Thoroughbreds come through in the end. ;)

13. frostdude1

frostdude1 Member

Aug 2, 2004
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Stuiped satellite problems didnt allow anyone to watch this game outside of Italy :mad:

But after I read the game summary I was flying like montella :D He's back and if Totti and Cassano are on form this year ... we're taking the title for sure ;)

One thing about Roma that always pisses me off is they always lose to small teams ... last year they hammered Juve then lost meaningless games to those little teams that are in Serie B now ... thats the only problem they have they are too cocky but I hope Voller gets that fixed before its too late

14. dela

dela New Member

May 14, 2004
    on the right flank
    You could have watched it for less than 4 Euros anywhere where there is a broadband internet connection...

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137905

15. obernunes

obernunes New Member

Feb 16, 2004
    California
    I just want to reiterate, don't despair. Neither Totti nor Cassano played. The defense is young and will come together when Chivu and Dellas get back. Voller just stepped in.

Also, all this raving about Juve is a little too much. They have beaten 2 horrible teams (Brescia and Atalanta). Brescia lost to Lecce Saturday 4-1 and the Italian commentators are already talking about Serie B for them next year. I watched the game against Atalanta and I can't see this team doing anything either. They were simply horrible. They made mistakes that youth teams make, but Serie A teams should never make, particularly on the 2 Juve goals (both flukes/gifts).

I am starting to worry a little about Palermo. They stood there ground and even took it to Inter (in Milano), even with Adriano playing great. This guy Luca Toni is going to be great. You have to respect him for sticking with Palermo and not going to the big money teams like too many of these whores do. In this respect, he reminds me of Totti (so far).

16. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    yes Toni is looking great, hes helping palermo and the NT.

17. frostdude1

frostdude1 Member

Aug 2, 2004
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    With the way its going right now ... Toni and Montella have to be the strikers for Italy in October's WC Qualifiers with Totti behind them leading the charge :D

18. GianPaolo

GianPaolo New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    This loss to Messina was not good. Hey at least we lost to a Sicilian team and not a Northen team.:)