Rumor: Messi is leaving Barca next season

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Juan Sanchez, Nov 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Is Messi leaving Barca next season?

1. No way

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Yes, he wants more money

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Juan Sanchez

Juan Sanchez New Member

Nov 4, 2013
    Madrid-Valencia-Barcelona
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Rumors say Messi asked for a contract renewal but FC Barcelona refused. He asked to increase his 17€ millions / year salary and FC Barcelona said they can´t afford the increase. What do you think?

2. ChrizG13

ChrizG13 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    Humble
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They can afford it, but they could save money by NOT paying him all that money, also they can still make a very nice return selling him off to a rich team. Think about it, Messi off the payroll books and they wipe out over half of their debt win-win.

3. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  4. novski123

novski123 New Member

Sep 25, 2009
    Club:
    Spartak Nalchik
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There've been a lot of articles recently trying to portray Messi as some petulant shadow manager of the club, I'm really not sure how accurate any of them are. Only time will tell, but I don't think he'll want to find a new club just because of a supposed salary disagreement. If he makes a switch in the future it'll probably be because he wants a new challenge and/or seriously falls out with club management.

SF19 repped this.
  5. Rojinegro1

Rojinegro1 Member+

Jun 26, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Messi to win the CL with Monaco.

6. RoyalWhites

RoyalWhites Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wouldn't surprise me if he left.

7. PorraFutbol

PorraFutbol New Member

Apr 10, 2014
    Bangkok
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Thailand
    His glory days at the Camp Mou are over. As long as he is a Barça player Messi will never again win a Ballon d'Or, so he should take Qatar's cash and leave for PSG before the World Cup. If Messi has a great tournament (although I don't see how because lifting the trophy is the only thing that matters and Argentina will not win it) , a great deal of Barça fans will never forgive him for not trying hard enough for his team during the most important month of the season.

All good things come to an end, and all in all Messi should consider himself lucky. Had he played in England or the USA, right now he would be playing five-a-side pick up games in a federal prison while serving time for tax evasion instead of saving himself up for the World Cup...