Meet the USMNT

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Various Styles, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    You have been Knocked.. . :D :p

[​IMG]

2. Tigerpunk

Tigerpunk Member+

Jun 17, 2004

Ooooh, neg rep me. That will make you all decent human beings. I'm gonna go cry about what I can only imagine is the silliest system ever. And, yes, I'm sure the original point of BigSoccer putting the rediculous system is was to allow shallow and hateful people to be shallow and hateful without their prejudice or their hypocracy. I'm sure this is exactly what they meant when they put this in their TOS:

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

But of course, as a moderator, they weren't talking about you! :)

Look, soccer has enough of a racism problem (that, ironically, has countries like yourself on the receiving end), without you doing your darndest to encourage it. Mow my lawn and the monkey stuff in England and the crap that FIFA has been fighting with for so long...guess what...they're ALL "just jokes" in "good fun". That's not a justification, and it's not an excuse. Wrong is wrong, and if you can't find a way to build the rivalry without being a hateful and pathetic person, that doesn't make you justified...it makes you pathetic.

3. andylovesoccer

Sep 2, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But you have no problem with being "rediculously juvenile and completely mean-spirited" regarding something that a lot of other people, INCLUDUNG USMNT FANS, find humorous. Amazing the only people raising a ruckus are the ones with negative rep....isn't it usually the other way around.

4. Tigerpunk

Tigerpunk Member+

Jun 17, 2004
    That shallow human beings would find shallow humor funny says more about the people who find it funny than the people who don't. So yes, if you find insulting people's nervous disorders or sexuality humorous, it indicates a juvenile and mean-spirited strand in your personality, whether you support the United States or Mexico. The idea that popular opinion holds the moral high ground is rediculous....in the South, it wasn't the racists who were going to jail in the 1950s.

5. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn, the consequences of those fruity pictures linger three years strong now.

6. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    [​IMG]

Meanwhile, the Mexican National Team is hard at work perfecting what it will do when faced with U.S. tackles...

Cool Thread!!!

7. El Guero Naco

El Guero Naco New Member

Sep 1, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    I was just getting it out of the way so none of the trollios could say it...

8. El Sabio

El Sabio New Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Madison, WI
    Tigerpunk,

OMG dude lighten up a little.

1.) No one is spewing hate filled remarks here,
    2.) there are no attacks here

its only poking fun at some ridiculous pics that some of the US players had taken of themselves (for looots of $$$ lets hope, lol)

its just a laugh.

9. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas

There are very few things in the world that could make me laugh as much as the Califf picture. WELL DONE!! I'm a US fan and will give rep for that.

10. Coster

Coster Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Hermosa Beach
    I'm a Galaxy fan and even I thought that was incredibly funny.

11. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

And who are you to judge anyone? You must be Jesus since you seem to be the one come to judge us all. You act as if your the perfect being and never do wrong. If you don't like this thread than leave no one is forcing you to stay

12. andylovesoccer

Sep 2, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have to call BS on this (and I don't mean bigsoccer). How exactly does VS posting these pix make fun of their sexuality anymore than the players posing for them in the first place? Other than labeling Pablo a flamer (which in that picture, what else would you think) where does he even mention sexuality? The picture of Big Gay Al fits right in with the rest of those photos given that Bruce was smart enough not to embarass himself by posing for such photos, unlike the players. I'll give you the Timmy insult, but you were off on this tangent long before that picture showed up.

Get off your high horse and stop judging everyone else. Growing some thicker skin might help, too. Better yet, just like when soemthing offends me on television, TURN IT OFF!!!!!

13. Davids26

Davids26 Member

May 31, 2000
    VS, I've only respected Michael Mejido more than you. Well done... :)

14. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    You're digging yourself a hole with the gratuitous political reference. No one has a monopoly on hypocrisy, including someone who uses the word "punk", with its connotations, in his screen name, then complains about apparently actual photographs. If the attempt at humor offends you, why punish yourself further by returning time & again to this thread?

15. El Steve

El Steve Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For as funny as this thread is... I still feel uncomfortable looking at some of those pictures... especially Donovan's and McBrides.

Kudos to the photographer for trying to make Keller come off as somewhat attractive.

16. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Actually, that was Keller refusing to wear whatever they chose for him. You'll also notice his wedding band is clearly visible.

Sachin

17. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Good point Sachin!

I too thought and noticed the same thing.

18. El Steve

El Steve Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...that escaped me... hmm... maybe KK would've looked better in a frock.

Actually, no, that's an observation that needs to be put in '214 Words About Kasey Keller' thread. :cool:

19. DP_elyanqui

DP_elyanqui New Member

Mar 2, 2004
    vagabond
    The world would be a much better place if people would just laugh a little more and not taking everything so seriously. Southpark is the perfect analogy for this thread, it's not politically correct, but no one takes it seriously either. Its humor, nothing more nothing less.

20. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    All I have to say to the usa fans is thanks to all these friendly's we have had We are going to hammer the usa!!!

21. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Ah yes, the triumph of hope over experience. Just like a second marriage.

22. Dusky

Dusky Member

Sep 5, 2001
    Southern Kali
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Someone please explain the relationship between a traffic cone and the USA player it represents. I do remember a poll in a USA thread comparing both, but I thought it was just another of those silly threads that abound in the USA board (at the time, "Adu" and "God" were prevalent words as part of thread titles... eh, still are, I bet... they certainly know how to beat dead horses to death. 2-nil, anyone?)

23. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York

Zombie Horses!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

:eek: :eek: :eek:

24. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Congratulations. You're the first Mexican I've ever met without a sense of humor. Either that or you've really never seen Danny Califf play.

Or both.

You pick.

Sachin

25. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Dempsey, Clint
    M 6-1 170 03/09/83 2/0 Nacogdoches, Texas N.E. Revolution (MLS)

[​IMG]