MD37: AS Roma - Catania (May 5th, 2012) [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Andreas, May 3, 2012.

1. Moebek

Moebek Member+

Sep 16, 2011
    Cairo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    The players are fighting back for the EL not LE :)

2. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    FACT, he has not lost the players. They have fought back in these last few games. Last week, they could have given up, they didnt, this week, the same. So, it does

3. Moebek

Moebek Member+

Sep 16, 2011
    Cairo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    That was a penalty!!!!!

4. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    juve and milan would've gotten that PK....

5. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    And I remember, you at the start of the season, telling everyone he needs time, then it was he needs the players, and now you are the one who wants him gone most. Give him the players, and then we can truly judge

6. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    just FYI, a draw today means we still have a shot at 6th place

but we'll need to win vs cesena, rely on milan to beat inter, and have lazio/inter draw on the last day

7. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He can have the players all he wants it's still not enough. There have been no improvements. Our offensive game, unless we are desperate, is aimless, slow, and flaccid. He might be a great person, and might command respect of his players but he hasn't figured out Serie A in the least.

8. decola

decola Member+

Sep 12, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Kjaer has been excellent today

9. Moebek

Moebek Member+

Sep 16, 2011
    Cairo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    So is Bojan, he should have started instead of Osvaldo

10. Moebek

Moebek Member+

Sep 16, 2011
    Cairo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
  11. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well probably a fair result. We didn't defend well enough to get the 3 points.

You can argue that we should have been given a penalty but your rarely see refs give penalites unless a players legs are taken away. Still like some of said Milan or Juve would have gotten a pen, hell even Lazio would have gotten a pen. The ref had a pretty poor game, he should have cracked down on Catania's playacting early.

12. decola

decola Member+

Sep 12, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    i agree with this, i don't really understand all this negativity towards LE in most cases, but his player selection has been strange. Bojan has looked really good for over a month now but he either on the bench or is the first to be subbed off when he starts.

just want to say again that Kjaer was really great today :)

13. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The players are fighting for the city, so that the Tifossi's last game at home is not a loss... not for LE.

Fact is, everyone in this board and even the ********ing pigeons in the Vatican know that Borini and Osvaldo can't paly together. LE did it again, wasted 70 minutes with that.

Then he subs out Osvaldo... pathetic, Osvaldo would've won one fo those crosses we put in at the end.

Vattene Luis Enrique!

14. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma

We create good chances at speed, however only when totti kick starts them with a clever pass, like we did many times tonight. That is why I think we need to buy a proven player to carry the load in this position as it is crucial to the attacking phase. I dont want to chop and change now, so AVB lands, gets a whole new defence, hopefully upgraded midfield and we start to win, he is seen as the saviour?

15. zako

zako Member+

May 11, 2006
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Lobont is a super second-choice keeper - I would say one of the best 2nd choices all over the globe at the moment...Kjaer was really good today...Heinze so poor, I want him back to Argentina as soon as possible...I don't agree that Montella has outplayed LE, actually both of there goals came from set pieces - a strength for them and a weakness for us...

Well, ironically EL can still be ours, if we win against Cesena, and Inter fail to get more than 1 point in the two remaining games against Milan and Lazio, which is a highly probable scenario...

Totti was, is and will always be awesome...and why are you bashing Osvaldo? I would say his playing was much better than that of Borini and he was much more useful in linking up the play...What I have never liked about LE is his subs...We need a win at all costs and he removes Osvaldo...Why not simply leave him and add Bojan to the roster?

16. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't care if AVB is seen as the saviour, there's been no improvement under LE:

vs. Catania: 8th of february: 1-1
    Today: 2-2

17. Moebek

Moebek Member+

Sep 16, 2011
    Cairo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    The way Montella lined up his defense we needed fast players at front to penetrate. Osvaldo is a target player and was easily marked. Catania's defense was shaken when Bojan and Lamela came in. This game was not for Osvaldo

18. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Well, he managed it. LE managed another record, he broke our 9 game consecutive win streak at the olimpico vs catania in all competitions

19. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think a season in the Europa League would be good for us.

I hope we take it seriously and try to win it. Italy needs all it's clubs to take the EL seriously like Spain and Germany. Coefficients don't just come from CL play.

20. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Agreed, Osvaldo was playing much better than Borini, and Osvaldo would have won one of the 10s of crosses we put in towards the end, pathetic sub.

21. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    is there a better vid of that totti pen i was watching and saw no reason for it...

22. Capitano_10

Capitano_10 Member+

Apr 18, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    It was never a penalty in the first place mate, to be honest justice was done when the keeper saved it.

Foto repped this.
  23. shiboboo

shiboboo Member+

Nov 13, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Lol. This game, of all games, had nothing to do with Enrique, yet somehow it's his fault. It's his fault Totti missed the penalty and the rebound, Heinze put in one of the dumbest challenges I've seen in quite a while, and people like Pjanic and Lamela missed with only the keeper to beat.:rolleyes:

Imo, Enrique put started with about the best lineup we could field, at least nothing to really argue with, and I didn't have much of an issue with Bojan coming on for Osvaldo. He put the players in the proper spots, but they just didn't finish their chances, and that can't really be held against Enrique. Overall, we looked good in attack and marginal in defense, which is nothing new. We deserved to win the game with how many good chances we had.

Loomis and La Magica repped this.
  24. Inie8ta

Inie8ta Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Heinze is a piece of :poop: I swear I almost cried when he gave away that penalty.

25. shiboboo

shiboboo Member+

Nov 13, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    To be fair to him, Heinze, at this point of his career, is not meant to be playing this much. And to be fair to the club and Enrique, he wasn't brought in to play this much. But still, god damn that challenge was just terrible. I mean, I started laughing once I saw him do that. I expect that type of challenge when I'm out playing pick up games on weekday nights. Just plain ridiculous.