MD33: Roma - Fiorentina (April 15, 2012) [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Henchag, Apr 14, 2012.

1. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    A tie is not enough...

Taddei has been watching Jose Angel play too much... his crosses are shit.

2. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    borini close witht he header.we are all over them, we deserve to win this.

come on, please do it.

3. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    All out attack now, Tallo on for Heinze.

4. iGiallorossi

iGiallorossi Member+

Oct 4, 2010
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Tallo on for Heinze.

Only thing I like about this man is that he has balls

5. Loomis

Loomis Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Zagreb
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    great Totti volley

6. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Wow, what a pass by Tallo.

7. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
  8. Loomis

Loomis Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Zagreb
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
  9. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Luis Enrique needs to go, NOW.

10. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. Capitano_10

Capitano_10 Member+

Apr 18, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Unbelievable, they have had 1 attack this whole second half. Lucky lucky bastards

12. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    How unfair... we dominated the 2nd half. :mad:

13. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Tough way to lose. You ate our lunch the entire second half.

14. Deand21594

Deand21594 Member+

Jan 24, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    ********ing unbelievable...

15. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Osvaldo red.

After last week's actions by Lamela, the way we started this game (We lost the first 45 minutes due to his shit tactics) and Osvaldo's frustration, tell me, with your hand on your heart that LE hasn't lost the dressing room.

16. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Aye, this is the last drop.

17. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is the same old story. We push high up trying to get a score. Other team counterattacks and scores a cheap goal when one of our centerbacks can't handle him.

It is just a frustrating, confusing team.

18. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    A football match lasts 90 minutes. We weren't on the pitch for 45, we deserved this loss, Luis Enrique deserves it.

19. Deand21594

Deand21594 Member+

Jan 24, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I reluctantly agree :(

20. shiboboo

shiboboo Member+

Nov 13, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I don't see how either of those show he's lost the locker room. Lamela is a 19 year old immature kid who is playing in one of the most pressurized cities in the world. Osvaldo is just a hothead and is easily frustrated, be it from lack of service or the referees' decisions. Reminder that he was banned for punching Lamela because he was frustrated about not receiving a pass. I truly believe Osvaldo should be dumped this summer. I think his spin on hotheadedness is not the uplifting team spirit kind; he doesn't try to pick up his game and urge on the others, rather he berets the referee, storms angrily around on the pitch, etc. I also feel the team is better when Borini plays the central striker and we have two wingers flanking him in the mold of Bojan/Lamela/pick your attacking winger. I don't see Osvaldo taking to the bench well, and I'd rather see somebody like Tallo, Lopez, etc get more opportunity that Osvaldo sulk on the bench and have a shit attitude when he gets subbed on late in a game.

We surely did play like shit in the first half. Second half the intensity was much higher, even before Totti's goal. From the response, I don't believe the locker room has yet been lost.

Marqinho should be our LB for the rest of the season. God damn Angel is useless.

21. Moebek

Moebek Member+

Sep 16, 2011
    Cairo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    LE new achievement: first loss agaisnt fiorentina in olympico after 20 years. Congratulations

22. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think he has. The low shoulders on our players at the start of today's game shows it. Simply no one is saying it.

More so, even if, as you say, he hasn't lost the dressing room, Luis Enrique has lost the people...

23. shiboboo

shiboboo Member+

Nov 13, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    As of today's game, I'll disagree with losing the locker room. I believe some of the players aren't there, but I'm not sure how hard it was to lose them in the first place. Osvaldo in particular. Angel is just plain useless. Heinze, bless his heart, is making more and more errors and is less stable in the back than he was earlier in the season. Taddei, despite his effort, just doesn't have the legs any longer, and Rosi is not the answer.

I actually don't see many players lost on this team, outside of Osvaldo. I'm not pinning everything on him as a scapegoat, but he just clearly stands out to me. The fact the intensity was brought up once useless Angel left the pitch means to me that the players haven't been lost by Enrique, but we have no margin for error (useless and impotent players) in the squad.

Will LE lose the squad by the end of the season? I don't know, but I don't think he had lost it by the start of the second half.

Has LE lost the fans? I guess so. I mean, we're obviously frustrated, but I certainly feel people are much too reactionary. If he comes out and starts winning next year the same people will be singing the praises of management for not listening to the emotional fans, seeing things through, etc.

24. zako

zako Member+

May 11, 2006
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    At least Totti scored his goal and was denied the second...Now, even the EL is probably gone...The good thing is that Lazio is less likely to finish 3rd with Hernanes out for the rest of the season...

My prediction: 1st Juve, 2nd Milan, 3rd Napoli, 4th Inter, 5th Lazio, 6th Roma, 7th Udinese

25. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Things are different in Europe, you are expected to show results, especially in leagues like the EPL, La Liga and Serie A and even more in teams that are proud of their history like Roma.

Any other ownership would have fired him a long time ago, and especially after the Lecce embarrassment. LE has broken a lot of our historic records, none of these records are positive.