MD33: Roma - Fiorentina (April 15, 2012) [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Henchag, Apr 14, 2012.

1. RomaRomaRoma

RomaRomaRoma Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Denmark
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Fallacy 101: It becomes political because it's already emotional for a lot of people. It's also the traditional sign of respect.

2. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah it was hard to watch. Especially when he was trying to get on his feet but just fell back down. :(

3. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't want to watch it, I don't want to cry

4. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    If you didn't, then better don't. I dreamt about it all night. :(

5. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Pretty shocking that they decided to release the film all over the news

6. Payback

Payback Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Switzerland
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    u get crushed tonight, i can feel it:)

7. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Piermario Morosini, a Livorno player, passed away during a match yesterday so this weekend's matches have been postponed.

8. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Very sad day for Italian football......

9. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Roma will get their deserved "payback" from the farcical 3-0 defeat in the reserve fixture when this gets played.

10. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Of all the games Jovetic misses, he can't miss any against Roma :confused:

11. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Yeah I remember. Your outfield players making leaping catches of our shots were treated way too harshly by the refs.

12. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Maybe you forgot the Juan decision that changed the whole game 15 mins into the game?
    The game changing decision that caused the outcome. I can accept the Atalanta and Lecce results as Roma didnt turn up and got a good beating, but the Fiorentina game was a false scoreline

13. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    You guys have been the darlings of the Serie A refs for a decade so, really, those cries fall on deaf ears.

Anyone have stats on which sides have been awarded the most PKs over the last several years?

*yawn*

14. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Over the last several years it was only natural Roma who get more pen's given the beautiful game they played in that period under Spalletti..

15. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Spalletti had a scudetto stolen so Inter could celebrate their centenary and WE are the darlings of Serie A? Get out of here with that crap.

16. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    You guys were the second biggest beneficiary of what went on those years and you confuse some near successes you had against a gutted Serie A with being some sort of accomplishment. Seriously. Deaf ears.

For you guys to complain about Pks... I mean, c'mon now.

17. zako

zako Member+

May 11, 2006
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I do hope we will see you in B from next season on (and I highly doubt you will be able to bounce back quickly) and that Lazio will join you due to betting issues

18. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Wow, didnt realise Nicky was such a bitter poster, I always wondered why you got so much stick on the Roma forum, now I see why

19. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Deep down, Nicky is a closet-Roma fan.

If Fiorentina goes to B, that's sad for Tuscan football. pathetic really.

@Nicky, how much for Nastasic? I like him a lot

20. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I'm not bitter at all. I'm just a man, just a man who finds it very rich that Roma fans are complaining about PKs. It's a real head scratcher.

And have you guys glanced at our remaining schedule? No way we're going down and it's honestly a scenario that I haven't spent two seconds thinking about.

21. zako

zako Member+

May 11, 2006
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    You should be asking that question yourself dude...You have Roma and Inter, then Atalanta and Lecce away games (I highly doubt you get more than 3 points out of the three fixtures)...Even your home games against Novara and Cagliari (especially the latter) will not be an easy ride for you...

22. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We're too far from the north to be as you put it 'Serie A darlings'.

Look behind statistics, in the current league Juve are sitting last in being awarded penalties, you could argue that they are not receiving any calls going in their favour and this is 'Milan's evil doing', now if you took a look at any Juve match prior to the last two or so, the reason for Juve not getting any penalties awarded int heir favour is simply because Juve was playing boring football and rarely havign any action in their opponent's box (hence their terrible amount of tied games).

The reason why in the past years we were awarded more penalties is because we played attacking football, and spent fair amount of time playing in our opponent's box
    , unlike other 'Italian' teams...

The reason why this season we have barely been awarded any penalties is because we are failing to spend time the box, some matches we pass and pass and never break into the box (i.e. Jose Angel is a prime example of this).

That being said, when is this game being played, I'm really looking forward to it, and contributing to the 'Sink Nicky' cause.

23. Payback

Payback Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Switzerland
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Our boys were playing shit football the full season. too much rotation, 3 different tactic systems, new mediocre players & rumors.
    But even if we give 50% minimum finally, there schould be absolutly no problem to stay in serie A.
    Only the haters are talking about serie B.

24. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    "The reason why in the past years we were awarded more penalties is because we played attacking football, and spent fair amount of time playing in our opponent's box."

I agree with this!:)

25. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Will this game be played on Wednesday 25 april?