MD32: Cagliari - Roma (April 6th, 2014) [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Andreas, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Destro suspended for the next 4 matches. :(

2. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is that one for the yellow accumulation and three for the flailing? Or did they give him a four game suspension for the Astori nonsense?

3. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Yes.

4. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Disgusting Chiellini gets away with this stuff all the time. Got to protect Juventus at all costs.

Midfield General, Andreas and Sal repped this.
  5. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This is such sh*t and then we ask why nobody trusts or cares about Italian football anymore...

One of these days I'm going to give up on it myself...

Midfield General repped this.
  6. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Destro got what he deserved. I'm not gonna argue whether Chiellini deserves more or less cards than he gets (I'm a cheating Juve ladri afterall) but you can't swing at another player (twice) and not expect repercussions.

7. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    What the ******** is up with Roma and punching players? Garcia needs to up the discipline on his team because that has been a huge ********ing weak point this season.

tmontana52, Shen-O, shiboboo and 2 others repped this.
  8. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So since Prandelli has been preaching this "code of ethics" baloney, will this suspension hinder Destro's national team selection for the WC?

9. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    I hope not.

10. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Roma general manager Mauro Baldissoni spoke toRoma Channel in reaction to the decision of Mattia Destro’s 4 match ban:

“We are shocked and concerned about the decision that the sporting justice took. We already took a position about De Rossi, the choice of replays and TV debates is dangerous for the entire system. If an event takes place in front of the referee, you can talk more about slow motion instead of video replay. Today, the event is more grave because the incident was punished with a free-kick awarded to Cagliari. We are on the outside of the conditions for the use of video replay. It’s frustrating to be the only ones sent into the corner when thousands of similar incidents go unpunished. We have filed an urgent appeal, we’ll go the entire way.”

Salmeen10 repped this.
  11. Zephyrus

Zephyrus Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Singapore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Fu***** piece of dogshit FIGC, our last sliver of hope for the scudetto is now gone with Destro and Ben out. F*** Italian football F*** it to hell.

12. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    tbh, our scudetto was already gone when we ********ed up those games in November. we have no one to blame but ourselves for that...

...well and whoever fed Avramov those steroids

13. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I think it was Juventus and the FIGC:p

14. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    November was more about our backup CF being Borriello than anything. Borriello would not have lost his man on any of Destro's breaks in the last game. He would have posted up waiting for a header.

Redundant.

15. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    LOL... Sometimes I'm not sure if you guys are joking or honestly believe all the conspiracy theories but it's hilarious either way

Wolfbeatseagle repped this.
  16. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    There is some level of favoritism that can't be denied but I agree that some people take it to another level.

shiboboo and St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  17. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    That's hardly an Italian only problem. Show me a league where there isn't favoritism. You'd have to go look at u-4 teams....

18. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    I'm willing to bet that it's more prevalent in European soccer than North American Leagues in my opinion.

shiboboo repped this.
  19. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    You'll get no argument about that from me....

20. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    And that is a problem. You will never have a perfect world but when I watch NFL, NHL or American leagues in general, it doesn't seem as blatant.

21. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    ehh, that's another topic

lets worry about Serie A first before we go about what goes on outside of Italia

22. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm okay with the suspension. But I just wish the FIGC were a little more consistent. Not even a week ago Chiellini kicked a player in the head from the ground. Nada.

23. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I agree with the bolded. I honestly believe the Chiellini thing was an accident though... The ref was staring at the situation and Chiellini wasn't looking at Mertens at all. Not sure how he could have pulled that off without being either a wizard or a ninja...

24. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The way his leg came up was very unnatural. Your leg doesn't just snap upwards like that. Especially when your body is falling in a completely different direction.

If it was another player I may give them the benefit of the doubt even though it really does look like it was on purpose. But Chiellini pulls shit like that so often.

25. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Misunderstood Chiellini. He is just clumsy (..on a weekly basis).

La Magica, Midfield General and Andreas repped this.