MD28: Sampdoria - AS Roma (March 15th 2009) [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Forza_Totti, Mar 13, 2009.

1. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    A lot of mistakes from Rosetti yesterday afternoon. He forgave Motta on two occasions, before giving him the second yellow at the 17th minute. He gives a penalty for a foul on Tonetto, perfect call, but then inexplicably he gives a yellow card to Lucchini instead of Padalino who commited the foul. Padalino was already on a yellow and would have then been sent off giving Roma 20 minutes to play with an even number of players. The sporting judges will likely ask for clarification on that call. However it doesn't end there on the 42nd minute of the 2nd half he gives a corner to Sampdoria, until Padalino confesses that there was no touch from the Roma player. He then repeats the mistake, amazingly on a high shot from Campagna, this time it's the linesmen that change his mind.

All things considered I think Rosetti was good to us. You could see it coming a mile away, the expulsion of Motta, and he gave him plenty of opportunity to shape up. Although the two incidents with the corners almost given to Sampdoria were quite strange. The first is understandable as Tonetto was in a position to challenge and raised his leg. The second was clearly a wild shot from Campagna that not deflections what so ever. Guess everyone can have a bad day.

2. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The one thing that Rosetti did well was maintain the professionalism of both squad. There were a few occurrences in the first half that the game was getting carried away and he managed to calm the players down.

3. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    On a side note, anyone else get furious when Baptista's shirt was ripped and it literally took the team 3 minutes to get a new one!! Meanwhile, Roma played with a man down. If i was Sensi, i would be furious. There alternative was to tape the shirt together. I find this ridiculous that extra equipment is not stored close by. In hockey, players can get their skates sharpened in less then 3 minutes. When a player breaks their stick, the trainer immediately has a backup right at the bench. All it takes is a plastic bacg with extra jerseys.