MD28: Sampdoria - AS Roma (March 15th 2009) [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Forza_Totti, Mar 13, 2009.

1. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    2-1 Pazzini

Doni blocks a shot from the distance but doesn't hold it and it falls right in front of the feet of Pazzini.

A gift of a goal

2. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I hate Doni!!!!

After giving up the second goal he comes out of the box to receive a pass from Riise and then holds the balls and dribbles the attacking Sampdoria player.

3. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Roma would be better off playing with 10 men then playing with Menez.
    And Doni could have done a lot better on Sampdoria's second goal.

With Juve coming up next week, the champions league spot is slipping away...

4. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Even on the first one, he just threw his hands in the air and gave up. Menez should go off immediately, but Vucinic has also made some horrendous decisions. I can count at least two occassions when he had the ball and Motta made the overlapping run and instead of passing to him he tried to do something stupid.

5. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Menez could have tied it up, he got put in front of the keeper by Baptista but hesitated on the shot and allowed the keeper to challenge him.

6. forzalupi

forzalupi Member

Jul 29, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Second yellow for Motta. Roma down to 10.

7. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Motta sent off, you could feel it coming.

We've gotten 9 red cards this season.

8. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    If we don't tie this then we are playing in UEFA Cup next year

9. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Menez close to tying, Vucinic put him through on the keeper but he blocked his shot.

10. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    RIGORE!!!! tonetto brought down, penalty

11. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Baptista steps up ...

GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

La bestia!!!!!!

12. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Cassano sent off for protesting ... bye bye NT

Wait Mazzarri is sent off not Cassano

13. forzalupi

forzalupi Member

Jul 29, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I was just about to leave after listening to a depressed commentator for 15 minutes, but there's new life in his voice!

Coming out with a draw now would be the best we can hope for I think. We have way too many injuries and playing away from home against a resurgent team.

14. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Menez out and Crescenzi comes on. He's a youth player from Alberto De Rossi's youth team. His first time with the senior squad and first Serie A match.

15. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Crescenzi is playing where Motta was, he received a ball from Diamoutene and started a run, then tried to dribble a player and was stripped. Not a good first impression.

16. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Pizarro to miss the match against Juventus. Major problems for our midfield

17. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Rosetti almost gave a corner kick to Sampdoria assuming Tonetto deviated a cross from Padalino. Padalino went and told him he made a mistake, good showing of sportsmanship

Doni makes a great save on a shot from Sammarco.

18. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Rosetti tries to give Sampdoria another corner kick and then changes his mind.

Montella on for Mirko, a bit late in my opinion.

19. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Done and done

Sampdoria players are complaining like crazy.

Two goals from Baptista help us secure a point against Sampdoria. Baptista is our second highest scorer this season with 10 goals across competitions. We could have won this one had Doni not woken up in the 2nd half, where he made two miraculous saves. Not a bad debut from Crescenzi, after his first bad dribbling he went on to strip balls from Cassano and Bellucci and make some nice forward runs. Motta should have been substituted, you knew he would get sent off.

Going to be real hard against Juventus, but if we can empty the infermary we should be able to make a good run after the Juve match and get a lot of points like we did in the first half of the season. Plus unlike the first half we picked up more ties than loses this time.

20. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    A very lucky point. Pazzini should have won it, but he went for power instead of placement on his header and Doni made a good save. He made up for his earlier mistake with some nice saves.

21. rizzuto123

rizzuto123 Member

May 3, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    How did Crescenzi do? and anyone think Menez was a waste of cash?

22. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    For once in the longest time, i actually thought Rosetti was in favour of Roma. There seemed to be some distinct fouls that should of been called in Samp's favour, but he let go.

Menez was extremly disappontin today. Considering the amount of money Rom apaid for him, you would think he would be an elite player. But, he's struggling a lot. Maybe it's due to hs injury, but th ekid doesn;t have it...yet.

Yea, Motta should of been carded with a second yellow on at least 3-4 times after the initial call. Rosetti was very linient with him and give him a couple opportunuties. but, he had to call the shirt tug. For once Motta didn't have an exceptional game...but i belive it was due to his fitness/injury concerns from CL.

23. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Despite the numerous injuries and fatigue from CL...i'm happy with the draw. Roma started out fairly well and scored an early goal, but as the game went on, they become fatigued. The only players to put in a decent performance was Doni and Pizarro in my opinion. Doni keep Roma in the game and made a few remarkable saves. The save on Pazzini's header where he just tipped it over the bar was unbelievable. And the other header from in close in the second half where he made a quick reactionary save as great as well. I thought Pizarro played pretty good as well. He was the focal point of the mid field and did well to kep the ball moving. For the first time this season, i thought Brighi was non effective. Again, mostly due to CL and the depleted roster.

24. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I think a lot of people are way to fast to criticize players. At the start of the season people were labelling Riise a complete failure. I told one poster that maybe he was overreacting and he reassured me that Riise had made to many mistakes and was a flop. Now things have changed and everyone is pretty happy with the player.

Menez will need time to adapt, it's his first season in Serie A and he is young. He hasn't been playing well these past two weeks, but he's just coming back from an injury. I would give him another season before I close the door on him.

25. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Well, I said yesterday that the best case scenario for us would be a draw with all our injury problems, and it looks like I got my wish. Just sucks that now we're gonna be without Motta next game as well. Lets just hope we get some of our injured players back though. Mexes being back will be huge, and hopefully we'll see Juan return also. This way Panucci can go back to playing the right back position in place of Motta, with Riise playing LB.

Our midfield is gonna still be hurting though. Pizarro will still be out, De Rossi will have one more match to serve for his suspension, Perrotta out, Taddei out, and god only knows if Aquilani will be ready. Thank God for Brighi indeed. :eek: