MD17: Chievo - Roma (Dec 16th, 2012) [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Andreas, Dec 11, 2012.

1. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma

A little could also help that god awful dry lifeless bumpy pitch

2. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    I say we sit on Ozzy for AT LEAST one more season. He's emerged as one of the premier strikers in Italy and he's currently in the prime of his career. I understand that we're a club in the midst of a rebuilding stage, but Ozzy is one of those players that actually makes us competitive in the PRESENT. Just because we're rebuilding that doesn't mean we still shouldn't try to do well in the meantime.

As for Destro, I think he's a promising young striker but I'm not still 100% convinced he's going to pan out to be the type of player that we're banking on him becoming. Besides, he's still so young that I don't see any rush to have to make him a full-time starter just yet.

Forza_Totti repped this.
  3. Gianluca511

Gianluca511 Member+

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Agreed. Although Ozzy gets on my nerves sometimes with his red cards, I think we need him. Destro is good but he just started to pick it up and we can't be quick to assume he will keep scoring goals. Selling Ozzy will be a risk in that case. As much as he can be worth, I think we need to keep him. I will be very mad if we sell him.

wm72 repped this.
  4. wm72

wm72 Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    New York
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I see the same thing with Osvaldo. He's pretty young as well and should have at least 5-6 prime years in front of him.

I don't see it being a huge issue for playing time with 5 players rotating in the front three, even this year with no European matches. In fact, there's really not been all that many matches where all 5 have been 100% at the same time and that's with Totti, knock on wood, being the only one who hasn't missed a bit of time. There's no club in Europe with aspirations for CL spots/success in a top league where there's not similar depth and rotation in the attack.

If we manage to finish top 3 or even Europa League, I'd say we need one more player that will rotate in the attack (unless Lopez gets some time on loan this spring and shows he's ready next year, I suppose).

5. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Osvaldo missed practice today because he welcomed a daughter into his life, maybe it will help him mellow out.

6. stugotz

stugotz Member+

May 20, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Bergonzi is reffing this one...********

La Magica and Andreas repped this.
  7. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    bergonzi means a red card for Roma

8. Deand21594

Deand21594 Member+

Jan 24, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    The way we are playing at the moment we should take 3 points but chievo are on a decent run too and they are good at home. Hopefully Pjanic plays, he's been incredible as of late..Providing we can keep 11 men on the pitch we should have too much for them

9. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Same lineup from the past week was used in practice with DDR in Tachs spot from what I have red and Pjanic still up on the right

10. decola

decola Member+

Sep 12, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    i hate bergonzi as much as you guys but didn't he also ref the game where we beat inter?

11. 7thRoman

7thRoman Member

Mar 23, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I hear Zeman is tempted to use Marcos and Romangoli as CBs for Chievo match.

12. chandler63

chandler63 Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Can someone explain the hate for Bergonzi? Just a history of bias when calling Roma games?

13. decola

decola Member+

Sep 12, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    ive been waiting to see those two at cb all season, i noticed in the coppa game that romagnoli is left footed as well, which compliments marcos.

would be great if they work well together, we could be set for a long time at cb

bergonzi seems to give roma players a hard time, last year in the juve game (admittedly the team didn't play well overall) every call seemed to go against the roma player and chiellini put in some red card worthy fouls in that match which went unpunished. i think after the match osvaldo said that he felt like bergonzi wasn't taking his protests seriously and was making fun of him. it's been a similar situation in other games he's reffed as well.

i might just be biased though :p

14. stugotz

stugotz Member+

May 20, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Problem is while he's reffing the game his head is 3 feet up his ass.

La Magica repped this.
  15. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's an asshead and has a mullet.

chandler63 repped this.
  16. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Business in the front, party in the back. :laugh:

17. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    I hear it's snowing in Verona. So we might be dropping points in this one.

18. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Seeing Osvaldo embrace Destro when he scored his brace a couple of weeks ago I believe is quite telling about Osvaldo as a teammate. Sure, he tends to lose his cool from time to time on the pitch needlessly, but how many times could we just as easily sayn the same for guys like Totti and De Rossi? I think too many people tend to dwell on that whole incident with Lamela last year, which they honestly shouldn't be as I think it was just another case of things being blown way out of proportion.

19. usry723

usry723 Member+

Aug 14, 2008
    Georgia, USA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another Bradley Bandwagon Yank here. Hope he gets the start tomorrow. Zeman seems to love him. I liked the midfield he put out against Atalanta.

whill4 repped this.
  20. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Honesty is the best policy. Most people would just lie to look cool, even on a forum.

21. stugotz

stugotz Member+

May 20, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    at least he didn't call himself cybradley4life and call himself a Roma fan;)

La Magica and zako repped this.
  22. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hahahaaaa. I appreciate when people are up front

23. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    His runs sometimes are really great . Great addition, I wanted him after his great form w chievo

24. usry723

usry723 Member+

Aug 14, 2008
    Georgia, USA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't support any club so I won't be insulting you real supporter's intelligence by pretending I'm an expert.

I have been watching every match for the last month or so and I'm beginning to familiarize myself with all the Roma players.

25. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bradley should get the start. Especially against his old team. If anyone in our midfield needs a break it's Florenzi

Any more news on DDR and Pjanic? Would suck losing them both tomorrow.