MD15: Siena - Roma (Dec 2nd, 2012) [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by ASRomaUSA, Nov 26, 2012.

1. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    GoGo is a decent keeper I will give you that but he is no where near the keeper we should have at our club.

He's one of the most uncomfortable keepers I have seen going for crosses and when coming out to gather balls under pressure.

Lets not forget as well the first goal of the Lazio game should have been saved but he did a doni.

I favor Labont of all 3 of the keepers.

2. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Is DDR still out for this game?

3. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Yes

4. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    For me it's:
    1. Stekelenburg
    2. Lobont
    3. Goicoechea
    4. Svedkauskas

5. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Balzaretti had really poor crosses last game I hope he does better.

6. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Just start Dodo.

stugotz repped this.
  7. shiboboo

shiboboo Member+

Nov 13, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Fixed.

8. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Is dodo fit?

9. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have a feeling this will be another game like Torino and Pescara. Siena aren't going to attack us unless we score.

Even though it might not work I'd go with Totti-Osvaldo-Marquinho. We really need some speed up front and Marq is the closest player style wise to Lamela we have.

10. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That's funny nobody had a problem with balzaretti this year until DDR brought up his form

11. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't been impressed with him for awhile. It's just there have been way worse players on the field then Balz up until now. More people have been busy focusing their hate on Piris and Tachtsidis up until recently instead.

12. Romanista89

Romanista89 Member+

Jun 8, 2010
    Glasgow, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Balza is fine. Remember the first goal against PArma when Dodo took a wild swing at a kick-out and missed, Parma scored from that mistake. Defensively Balzaretti is doing nothing wrong at the moment.

ASRomaUSA and Andreas repped this.
  13. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I still like Balzaretti, and I think he was one of our better acquisitions over the summer, second only to Marquinhos (though at the time nobody knew a shit about him).

Yes, Balzaretti's crosses might not always be perfect and towards the end of the games he looks dead (which is when Dodo should come in), but no one in our team comes close to the amount of running Balza does in one single game, and it's not just useless running 'a la Rossi', I believe that large part of the reason for Totti's resurgence is Balzaretti running around him all the time like a little dog, the one twos they execute are gorgeous and he is always there as a forward avenue for Totti to spark the attack and push forward like Zeman wants.

I am tempted to say that 9 out of 10 assists Totti gets, Balzaretti has been involved in the lead up to it... if our forwards would just bury those assists we'd see Zemanlandia more often and be a top 3 team.

Big Tom, ASRomaUSA, Andreas and 2 others repped this.
  14. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Sorry but "Zemenlandia" is not just about scoring goals, it's the built up, it's the style of play, and this team is anything but "Zemanlandia."

15. Deini

Deini Member

Aug 29, 2006
    Holland
    Maybe it's time for Zeman to rest Florenzi, looks burned out the last few matches. That's just my opinion

Andreas repped this.
  16. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I didn't know much about Zeman before this year, but after learning his tactics I really loved learning about it and understanding them cause they are superb.

Once you understand how really everything is supposed to flow in an offensive phase and defensive phase, it's jagged vertical play like a bolt of lightning and as quick as one too.

17. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I agree with that and I agree that some elements in our team are lacking that push forward, north-south vertical football, and of course I know it's not >JUST< about goals (though you can't be serious when you say it's not about goals, the man said it himself, it's about outscoring your opponent, let in 3, score 5) - all achieved through lightning fast attacking football.

...but I beg to differ when it comes to Balzaretti, Yes his crosses have been sub-par but I disagree with the notion that he isn't creating chances and isn't pushing forward fast enough playing Zeman's vertical football enough... in my opinion he along with Lamela, Florenzi and Marquinho (and Tachtsidis as the regista) are our most north-south, incisive, forward attacking players that we have...

Big Tom and ASRomaUSA repped this.
  18. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah Balz definitely makes good flank movement, I don't know if you can argue against that.

I noticed when Dodo' plays, which think Zeman prefers, is that Dodo' cuts in a lot and gets involved in the play instead of just an up and down outside back.

Big Tom repped this.
  19. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Osvaldo may miss the game after getting an ankle injury at training...

A lot of you guys will probably be happy due to his performance last weekend.

20. Loomis

Loomis Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Zagreb
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Totti - Destro - Lopez

Fine by me

21. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Last 2 weekends

Andreas repped this.
  22. Loomis

Loomis Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Zagreb
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    2003-2004: Siena-Roma 0-0
    2004-2005: Siena-Roma 0-4 (Montella, Montella, Totti, Totti)
    2005-2006: Siena-Roma 0-2 (De Rossi, Mancini)
    2006-2007: Siena-Roma 1-3 (Taddei, Pizarro, Okaka)
    2007-2008: Siena-Roma 3-0
    2008-2009: Siena-Roma 1-0
    2009-2010: Siena-Roma 1-2 (Mexés, Riise)2011-2012: Siena-Roma 1-0

Vulpinous repped this.
  23. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah, Dodo although a great prospect, is far from being match fit or ready for Serie A, gotta give the young'n some time.

The only other, possibly better option I can see, which I would like to see Zeman explore more, is playing Marquinho as a left fullback with Florenzi up front.

Unlike Balza, Marquinho does create those runs into the box that rip defenses apart, and the guy's got a bloody howitzer on his left foot, 3 out of 5 shots he makes are 1) on target and 2) always sting keepers' hands, rarely can they hold on to it, like Totti's old shots, these can be easily picked up by our forwards and converted into goals.

The only thing that remains to be seen are his defensive skills. He can be a little hot headed.

ASRomaUSA and Vulpinous repped this.
  24. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Goicoechea​
    Piris - Marcos - Castan - Balzaretti​
    Bradley - Tachtsidis - Marquinho​