MD15: Roma - Fiorentina (December 8th, 2013) [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Andreas, Dec 1, 2013.

1. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Watched the game on my phone. Was interesting but beinsport play on the phone actually is really nice.

New neighbors probably didnt expect screaming at 645 in the morning.

2. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great game, great result. No reason to rehash what everyone else has said. Couldn't be happier with the result.

The only think I would like to add is while many are bashing Dodo (and I really have no problem with it and agree for the most part) the guy that is getting let off the hook is Florenzi who wasn't only the worst player for Roma today but the worst player on the pitch and really has been poor for some weeks now. Time for him to go sit on the bench for a while.

Let's roll with Totti, Destro and Gervinho ASAP!

3. Lameelaa

Lameelaa Member

Mar 3, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Gervinho ripped them apart, unbelievable how he slipts right past the defenders when hes completly surrounded.
    i must buy a shirt with his name on it.

and so glad to see destro back

4. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah Florenzi was non-existant.

5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Serie A 15.a giornata Pagelle: Gazzetta dello Sport

ROMA-FIORENTINA - Migliori per la Gazzetta dello Sport: Gervinho (8) e Cuadrado (7). Bene anche: Destro (7.5), De Sanctis, Maicon, Benatia, Castan (7), De Rossi, Strootman (6.5), Dodò, Pjanic, Florenzi, Taddei (6); Neto, Vargas (7), Ambrosini, Borja Valero (6.5), Tomovic, Rodriguez, Savic, Pasqual, Rossi, Pizarro (6). Peggiori in campo: Ljajic (5); Aquilani (5).

6. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    As it is now tradition, I bought today's Il Romanista at Fiumicino before heading back to the UK. Their front piece was poetry: linking Christmas, presents (La Befana), Destro's return and how simply being in the presence of Totti, even if he doesn't play, his grace simply brings an aura of good luck and supernatural inspiration upon us all...

Totti C'e!

[​IMG]

Here's the text:
    And here's the shitty google translation:

Midfield General repped this.
  7. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    That article is beautiful

Anybody see any attendance numbers for the game?

8. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    During the match the commentator said 48k.

9. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm gonna keep saying it until I get tired of the sound of my own voice (yeah, right): Gervinho's absence was as big as Totti's. It doesn't hurt to have Destro back either.

10. Romanista89

Romanista89 Member+

Jun 8, 2010
    Glasgow, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think his absence was big but not as big as Francesco. We have had Gervinho back for a few games now and it is only really now he has made an impact again.

11. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Gervinho was pretty good once the team got in gear against Atalanta. He had a move on the by line where he played a ball in to Bradley, who should have gotten a better shot on goal than he did.

12. Capitano_10

Capitano_10 Member+

Apr 18, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Just back from Rome today after being at the game yesterday.

We played great and scored just when we had to, make no mistake this result was massive as Fiorentina played extremely well. They absolutely dominated the midfield for large portions of the game and passed the ball well, if they had created any more clear cut chances the scoreline would have been alot different. Thankfully they very rarely had any end product. Cuadrado was exceptional yesterday, the crowd were very anxious when he got the ball running at Dodo (who did ok second half).

Now on to us! I have been guilty of slating Maicon of late (and deservedly so) but yesterday was a blast from the past for him, he was outstanding, always moving and always looking for the ball to drive forward. Castan was an absolute beast, THAT tackle at end had the entire stadium on it's feet, quality seeing his reaction too. I have been reading some of the comments on here and I want to give Strootman a mention. Believe me when I say this, he may not have had his best games for us yesterday but this guy works his self into the ground. Marking men, closing down, moving into space when going foward, the guy very rarely loses the ball, according to the Roman press Man Utd are interested in him...we MUST keep this guy at all costs. Now onto Gervinho, where do I start!? It's the first time I've seen this guy in the flesh playing for us. He's what I expected, moments of absolute genius and totally devastating, but some moments of sheer madness. As crazy as this sounds I honestly believe this guy plays better and makes the correct decisions when under pressure and surrounded by the opposition, having too much time to think seems to be Gervinho's worst enemy (going through one on one towards the end of the first half was the perfect example). So happy for Destro, even tho his return was short lived due to Pjanic's idiocy.

My only main problem from the team yesterday is the lack of support when driving forward. Gervinho ran onto the ball numerous times and I watched the midfield just stroll forward making no immediate urgency to get forward in support, Pjanic and DDR were guilty of this throughout the game - more so the first half. DDR defensively was ridiculously good tho. His positional sense was second to none. Anyway was good to be back at the Olimpico, it's been too long. Around 50k yesterday, the Curva was rocking and to be fair the Fiorentina fans made themselves heard. Great day and fantastic result!! FORZA ROMA!!!!!!

ASRomaUSA, Oban14, whill4 and 1 other person repped this.
  13. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You, Sir; should brush up on your grammar first. I know the schools in the colonies are not exactly famous for a world class education system - still this is just painful to read.

We are traditionally a top club in Italy. Meaning outrageous demands and expectations from fans and others. This is where Garcia is inexperienced; I have no problem him himself thinking personally about the Scudetto, but saying this in a place like Rome is a big risk. Ranieri and Spalletti were much more cautious in this manner.

You also attack me as a person. That is quite frankly pathetic, you obviously don't understand this complete facade or satire. Look up these words in a dictionary.

14. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mhmmm, ad hominems are the tool of weak men who seek to gain an advantage in an argument to mask the minimal substance in their opinions. I spoke the truth initially about you and it wasn't even insulting; I simply said to @meazza this is your schtick, which is true. Hell you relish in this pompous ass persona, I'm not sure why you would get so offended.

Who cares? In reality 1st Viscount Nelson (which I know you have difficulty with) we haven't been anything approaching Champions League side the past couple years. It's the managers job to instill confidence in his team. What is he supposed to say when on a good run, "I know things are going well lads but we'll be lucky if we finish 5th".

I've been impressed with him so far, despite making what I would consider errors in the past 3 matches. He can't control the narrow minded element in our fan base which can't view the team, league, media comments and goals in context.

Didn't I call you a sockpuppet? I have some ideas who may be the puppet master. Satire can be harsh but it should be mildly entertaining. Being an utter douchenozzle, who regularly bashes our team, coaches and members on the board is a wum my friend. It's clearly shown by how you can't let Roma fans rejoice in the win without inserting your negativity and bringing down the tone.

ASRomaUSA repped this.
  15. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We have top universities and our law schools are premium.