MD14: Pescara - Roma (Nov 25th, 2012) [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Andreas, Nov 19, 2012.

1. zako

zako Member+

May 11, 2006
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Lopez is moving to another Serie A club on loan in January to gain experience - good for him, and good for us in the long-term...

Where are the people that dreamed of 1-0 wins??? If you prefer watching games like today, then you'd rather stop watching football at all...

The whole game was crap, yes I take gladly the 3 points, but it was crap...If you ask me, Osvaldo, Totti, Destro, Pjanic, Bradley, Florenzi, Balzaretti, Marquinho were all crap...The reason I am disappointed is that at last I could watch the game live here in Singapore (I was post-call from work) and it turned out to be one of Ranieri-esque games...

2. Imran_INDIA

Imran_INDIA Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Kolkata
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Destro couldn't fill the vacancy left by Lamela.He is way too inferior or else we could have scored at least 1 or 2 more goals.Alas! Still Nico deprived of playing in this game.Hoping to see him for Destro's substitution.

3. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I dont care tbh, we played badly and won. Thats a positive and throughout a season you will get games like this to write of performance wise. However our problem has always been when we get performances like this we usually get beaten easily so this is a step in the right direction

4. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Lol, Perin is far from a shitty GK.

iGiallorossi repped this.
  5. bacon06

bacon06 Member

Jul 1, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Osvaldo plays like he knows his spot in the line up is safe.

6. ASRomaUSA

ASRomaUSA Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Sciacca, Agrigento
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You make a good point, and I see these positives:
    1. 3 points
    2. Clean sheet ( 2 in a row!)
    3. Marcos continues to grow
    4. We maintained semi-decent focus for the 90

Totti's pases were off and Pjanic doesnt play his best when playing with Totti. It seems Osvaldo plays better when Lamela plays..competition vs service I am not sure. Castan had a good game but the backs did not contribute much to the attack at all...gameplan vs bad day?

Zeman said that Destro needs to play for the team and not himself. I see incredible raw talent in this awkward young striker, it is akin to watching a newborn foal taking its first steps. Give him some time and we will have a very strong striker in our midst.

Zeman wanted the win...finally. He subbed to strikers for Perrota and Tacht..I'm ok with the points

La Magica repped this.
  7. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    agree. had zeman brought on lopez and piris gets overloaded and we concede 1-1, you guys would be REALLY complaining

ASRomaUSA and La Magica repped this.
  8. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watching the replay now (had a lot on this morning).

Even though I know the result I having a hard time believing we won a match 1-0.

9. 7thRoman

7thRoman Member

Mar 23, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    anyone seen Tacht' s pass to totti, That was a beauty. if only we have a better version of Osvaldo.

Andreas repped this.
  10. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Can't say I know him, I was never really interested in watching a Pescara game. I guess you know him better, maybe it's his defence, but as an outsider the 24 goals the mate's let in this season speak otherwise... then again, the same goes for our keepers and I wouldn't say they're shait (though outsiders do), so I'll just shut up.

11. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I watched parts of the game, and we didnt look like a zeman team at all. But its wins like this that help you climb the table and reach ur goals.You need to win on the days you play bad, it shows strength of the team.

Down 9 on juve
    Down 5 on inter, fiorentina
    Down 4 on Napoli
    Tied with Lazio
    Up 7 on Udinese
    Up 8 on Milan

ASRomaUSA repped this.
  12. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Slept through probably 85% of the game, but I'm glad we got the 1-0. Seems like Destro and Osvaldo can't exist together, which will probably lead to the inevitable of one being a bench player by the end of the season.

13. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    There is nothing doing, this is the most un-Zeman team ever seen. Either some major changes are made in the mercato or the entire thing will implode sooner or later.

14. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He is inferior in that position yes but not as a goal scorer when put in the right place.

forza venti repped this.
  15. bingos

bingos Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Out biggest problems is still the midfield. With Bradley as regista there was a too big gap betweem the midfield and the offense, which needed Totti to play from a central position most of the time, and quite far from the goal. This also caused Osvaldo go sometimes more left, while destro tended more to the center. Unfortunately nor Pjanic/Piris, neither Bazaretti/Florenzi filled up the space left on the wings.The lack of opening up the game from the wings did not helped the offense.
    Generally, our midfield stayed way back, which allowed Pescara slowly but surely to take over the midfield, and getting more and more dangerous, as the play was more closer to our half then theirs.
    Pjanic disappeared from the game for too long periods, and before start to blame it on Totti, as always, they switched places. when Totti was on the right he was on the left. He just has a hardship to fit himself to the role Zeman's play needs. He and Florenzi too played way too back yesterday. I think generally Florenzi needs some rest and learning, but I don't know if Marquinos is the right solution there as a starter.

One last thing, why they don't changed the shoes, our players slipped way too much on the pitch. which was not in a good condition.

16. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

17. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    what do you suggest?

18. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Wingers, fast CB, true regista.

19. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I don't see a solution. There are factors that go beyond the coach that can't be solved by throwing money at them.

20. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Tachtsidis is actually growing on me a lot.

I don't think the problem is the centerbacks either, its not like Camporese had wings on him. He plays more like Marquinhos but a lefty, and Castan although he is not perfect for Zeman has been doing real well. I thought the intermedii are fine too.

I think the problem may come from (Someone brought this up yesterday I think) that it is going through Totti when really it should go through the centreforward onto the wing forwards, but instead the balance of play is not equal and is like a hybrid Zeman formation.

This is a difficult one.

21. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  22. chandler63

chandler63 Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Our attack was way off. We had plenty of chances up front and they were either squandered by Balz/Totti or just failed due to lack of skill from the forwards.

23. Romanista89

Romanista89 Member+

Jun 8, 2010
    Glasgow, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Totti? Not Destro? Destro should've made his name as a Roma player in this game. Totti was unlucky not to walk away from this game with three oore assists under his belt.

24. chandler63

chandler63 Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    For every chance Totti created he wasted twice as many. I liked his free kicks, though.

Destro and Ozzy both sucked. When I said forwards, I meant them.

25. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Totti would probably be one of the top players in the world right now on the assist list if we actually had some what consistent strikers.

He pretty much serves them chance after chance in which they just waste.