MD12: Lazio - AS Roma (Nov 11th, 2012) [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Big Tom, Nov 4, 2012.

1. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    a poisoned De Rossi is still better than whatever player Lazio has

i want Florenzi to score. and i want Candreva to score an own goal

2. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Just read somewhere that Candreva and Klose won't be able to play.

3. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    klose i'm happy he's not playing.

candreva i kinda wished he was playing so we could boo him everytime he touches the ball

4. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I'll be very happy if Klose were to skip this game.

Today Zeman tried a midfield of De Rossi, Tachtsidis, Florenzi. A defense of Piris, Burdisso, Marcos, and Balzaretti.

5. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Most have probably seen this, but great video for those that haven't. william6 and 3 quaters these videos will give you a taste of the derby

La Magica and ASRomaUSA repped this.
  6. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    So based on one example a couple of years ago by the coach that everyone here gets a kick out of insulting, we should automatically assume that it would be the best decision this time around as well? Selective memories people seem to have around here.

And it's not just a "provincial" mentality either. Realistically speaking we're talking about leaving our highest paid (and one of our most talented) asset on the bench for a match that could very easily be just what he needs to rediscover his best form. Even IF we are looking to sell De Rossi it's not going to happen for at least a couple more months anyways, so we might as well try what we can to get him back on track again.

La Magica and TifosoRoma repped this.
  7. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    If you read my previous posts I think you will find that I am in favor of De Rossi playing. However I think people that are fit and hungry should play. Not for some silly reason as him being from Rome. His being from Rome does us no good if he walks around the pitch. I find the notion, silly that's not what you gauge players on.

8. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    I'm not gauging his merit solely on the fact that he's Roman. However even you can't deny that the intensity level of locally-born players tends to increase for these derby matches. One thing we've been knocking De Rossi for this season is his lack of passion and intensity. If you ask me this match would be better than any in order to help him rediscover that intensity. I'm just taking into consideration the emotional aspect of such a match and the potential benefits they can pose towards helping him rediscovering his form.

La Magica, Vulpinous and whill4 repped this.
  9. Gianluca511

Gianluca511 Member+

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Any word on Osvaldo?

With each passing day, I grow more and more anxious for the derby. I love this game with my heart and I hope the Curva Sud are all out from when the stadium gates open to when the stadium lights go off. FORZA ROMA.

10. Imran_INDIA

Imran_INDIA Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Kolkata
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Why not play Taddei in place of Piris?We can get a mixture of talent and experience

11. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    oh please, if you go with your sentimental feelings all the time, we would still have Perrotta, Taddei and Pizarro in the team. De Rossi, Roman or not has been dreadful !!!!! all season, everyone can see it. World class or not, on his form he should not be in the starting 11.

12. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I won't go as far as saying he shouldn't start because I'm hoping he shakes it off and shows his class. However I do agree with the general sentiment. People need to play because of what they are contributing and what they can contribute. It makes no sense to cling to the past or other notions that have no bearing on the pitch.

One of those rare occassions when me and LordNelson find ourselves in agreement.

It's a tricky situation for any coach, because even if it's the correct decision a loss will be heavily criticized. It worked out for Ranieri and because of it that derby will be remembered. However imagine what would have happened had that move backfired on Ranieri. It would have still be the correct choice, but no one would ever admit to as much.

13. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    Piris has been doing very well this season. why take him off?

3 assists in 8 games. piris has been doing even better than balzaretti

if you compare piris/taddei on whoscored.com, piris also has a better passing accuracy, wins more headers, makes more tackles, more interceptions, more clearances, commits less fouls, and makes more key passes

the only "stat" taddei has over piris is blocking more shots, winning more fouls, putting in more accurate crosses, and getting dispossessed less often

overall, piris has been playing better than taddei. i think this season will be taddei's decline. he'll probably be sold next summer, or he will see out his contract with us which ends in 2014 and either retire or walk away on a free transfer

14. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    What are you comparing it on though? Taddei has played like two games at most. If it's an overall average then the difference in playing time makes it very inaccurate.

15. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    SO who is gonna stop hernanes.

16. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    it's average per game. both taddei and piris only played 1 game each where they didn't play the full 90 minutes

the deviation may be off depending on how many full 90 minute games they've played, but the average would be the same no matter what

and you can tell just from watching. taddei's better at dribbling, but piris is better at everything else required of a fullback

17. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
  18. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Who's gonna stop Lamela? ;)

19. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    hernanes will stop himself. he is a big game flop, let a alone a derby flop. he was invisible the first two derbies. and all he's done in the past 2 derbies is score penalties

Andreas repped this.
  20. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    that video almost makes you miss vucinic

21. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    thats true on hernanes, he always disappeared in the big games. but ever since last year, that particular thing improved big time.

22. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    he is a threat; Forget about him and he may make you pay the price. He is no idiot

23. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  24. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for that. I read where DDR and Tach switched positions for a bit, with DDR playing regista and Tach playing intermedio. Let me just go on record and say if in the event DDR plays regista, Tach in no way should ever play the intermedio. He doesn't have the speed or agility to properly adapt to that spot. In Zeman's line up Tach is a regista or he is on the bench. There is no other place for him.

25. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I agree.

I think Rome should get Jordy Clasy if DDR is sold. Put him at reg too and let them fight for it. Tach's value at least doubled so far