MD11: AS Roma - Palermo (Nov 4th, 2012) [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Henchag, Nov 1, 2012.

1. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    We never have had in recent memory besides Juan(when unhurt and old) that could make up for our mistakes. The unit as a whole for many seasons has brought the whole team down.

2. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  3. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Squad list:

BALZARETTI
    BRADLEY
    BURDISSO
    CASTAN
    DE ROSSI
    DESTRO
    DODO'
    FLORENZI
    GOICOECHEA
    LAMELA
    LOPEZ
    MARQUINHO
    MARQUINHOS
    OSVALDO
    PERROTTA
    PIRIS
    PJANIC
    ROMAGNOLI
    SVEDKAUSKAS
    TACHTSIDIS
    TADDEI
    TOTTI

4. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Zeman's press conference is on now (12:30 Italian time)

5. Imran_INDIA

Imran_INDIA Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Kolkata
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Yeah cuz Osvaldo can't play this game because of 2 consecutive yellow cards

6. Septimius Severus

Septimius Severus New Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Rome
    Club:
    AS Roma
    it will be interesting to see how will play goicoechea during the match, i hope that he will be more reactive than stek. today i've listened on the radio that Instead of taxi should play bradley, although i think that taxi has not played badly in the last two match, i find a good idea trying michael in the same position. fortunately it should also play balzaretti on the left wing. the defense has shown against udinese and parma, that it needs his presence.
    i personally believe that heinze had not to be sold, because he was a player of experience, the team need player as him. about the match against palermo i would suggest to our defenders to check out miccoli.

7. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Tachtsidis will play, make your peace with it.

If Bradley play it will be in the place of De Rossi, who while on the squad is coping with an inflammation in his calf.

8. AStacks90

AStacks90 Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Give me a midfield with Pjanic and something resembling a defensive mid and I'll be happy

9. Big Tom

Big Tom Member+

Sep 11, 2011
    In Jimmy's Fountain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Hope the french game tomorrow gets canceled like last week so they'll show the Roma game on TV.Wishful thinking I know.:( Even though they're showing the game after that ligue 1 shite is over.

But the good news is they will be showing the derby next sunday afternoon.:D Can't fkn wait :D

10. Big Tom

Big Tom Member+

Sep 11, 2011
    In Jimmy's Fountain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I'm really hoping Nico gets to makes an appearance against Palermo.The kid has done nothing wrong,yet is being treated like a leper :confused:

11. Capitano_10

Capitano_10 Member+

Apr 18, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    This word and Zeman don't mix well

12. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Probable formation according to the press: ​
    Goicoechea​
    Piris/Taddei - Marcos - Burdisso - Balzaretti ​
    Pjanic - Tachtsidis - Florenzi ​
    Lamela - Destro - Totti​
    Personally I would prefer to give a try to a midfield with Marquinho and Florenzi flanking Tachtsidis. I think we need two midfielders next to Tachtsidis who run like crazy and are going to run back and help the defense as much as they run forward. ​
    The interesting bit will be if Zeman plays Pjanic on the right flank (like in my formation) or on the left flank. If he's going to use Pjanic perhaps moving him to the right would be wiser because he really struggles to co-exist with Totti on the left. Moving him to the right might also help us to widen our play on that flank since Piris really doesn't get forward the Balzaretti or Dodo can. ​
    Don't really have any problems with Destro playing. We bought him so it's only right that he get some playing time. ​
    I would prefer Castan over Burdisso but with the derby around the corner and Castan's nagging injury problems perhaps it's wise to side on the side of caution.​
    Goicoechea from the start should be interesting. I'm not the biggest fan of Stekelenburg, although if he was available I would start him, so I'm interested to see what Goicoechea can do. I have a feeling that Stekelenburg struggles in communicating with the defense. So perhaps adding another South American to that equation could help out. ​

13. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Why not play Dodo on the left and Balza on the right ?

14. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Because Dodo has about 20 minutes of running in him. Playing him at this point means burning a substitution on him. Absolutely the right call to start Balzaretti. Dodo in a best case scenario should come on at 70th minute.

Besides I dislike the notion that we should play Balzaretti on the right. Anyone who says that is basing it on one game with the NT. He made his name, and has performed his best playing on the left.

La Magica and Andreas repped this.
  15. Imran_INDIA

Imran_INDIA Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Kolkata
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Anyway what's the weather in Rome guys?

16. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Cloudy with a chance of rain tonight.

17. Imran_INDIA

Imran_INDIA Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Kolkata
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Thank you DDR

18. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Tonight I see Roma putting on a big performance and playing well for the 90..

I am willing to stick this season out and let this team grow, and of course looking to add a bit more quality at the back..We just need to be patient and relax, have faith its going to turn out good eventually

19. Gianluca511

Gianluca511 Member+

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    This has become a huge game all of a sudden. A win will put Roma up to 6th place with 17 points, just two behind Lazio in 5th place going into the derby next Sunday. A win today and next week should put Roma in top 5 with the help of other teams' results. But the momentum all needs to start here so lets get a win today. Forza Roma!

20. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Raining slightly at the Olimpico right now. The stadium is very empty too, very few tickets were sold for this game.

21. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Carlo Zampa says he suspects that maybe we will see Marquinho ahead of Pjanic in the midfield.

whill4 repped this.
  22. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Newspapers make it sound like Pjanic is in the dog house with ZZ...wouldn't be surprised if he was sold in January.

23. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Mediaset reports Bradley starting next to Tachtisdis and Osvaldo instead of Destro.

24. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Roma-Palermo
    ROMA (4-3-3): Goicoechea; Piris, Marquinhos, Burdisso, Balzaretti; Bradley, Tachtsidis, Florenzi; Lamela, Osvaldo, Totti

25. tmontana52

tmontana52 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Philly- the 215
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Thought Osvaldo was suspended?