MD10: AS Roma - AC Milan (Oct 29,2011) [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Big Tom, Oct 26, 2011.

1. zako

zako Member+

May 11, 2006
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I personally think that we have progressed a lot from what we saw in August/September...This team is more comfortable now...The only player that has regressed is J. Angel and probably because others have improved and he's no longer that visible...I think sooner or later, we can achieve great things if we follow the path...

2. cybojan4life

cybojan4life Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I think you and others misunderstand what 58 percent of the ball means. It means that 58 percent of the time we are not defending. LE system yes it is about playing beautiful football but it about limiting the chances the other team has with the ball. Yes, when your down 3 to 1 it doesn't matter but when your up all that posession is breaking the other team spirit and limiting their chances. The hardest thing to do is score goals. I am certain Bojan will get on a hot streak of goals he did it at barcelona every year but his last and I am sure osvaldo will go on another streak as well.

3. tomer48

tomer48 Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    As i said before you cant turn pjanic to messi osvaldo to via and bojan to pedro , LE need to learn how to play in italian football , maybe try some other formation, his just going with his head straight to the wall, he should try to be more open to new ideas, and the most important thing : let the same players play every game and stop changing the opening squad every time , we passed the 3-4 first games when you want to see who is solid enough to start, it is about time to decide the opening squad once and for all!
    I wish we had van hal , his the right man for the job!

4. cybojan4life

cybojan4life Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I think LE can bring us to the top 6 of the table like any other coach as well. We can start Casseti, Borriello bring back vucinic and anyone you guys want. We can finish anywhere from 4 to 6 for the next three to five years. The fact is We dont have a team that can win the league unless we develop our young players. In order to develop them they need to play. I gaurantee you we will have a team that has core of players at the end of the season that are good enough to win the league next year(Bojan,kjaer,osvaldo,lamela,pjanic,gago,anjel). In the transfer window next year or this year we add Isla and some good experienced players and we have a team that can win every year for the next 6 to 7 years.You add a different coach Osvaldo and maybe Pjanic is the only young players that play. What other coach is going to start so many U-21 players in Italy?

5. cybojan4life

cybojan4life Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Who said pjanic is messi and osvaldo is villa? It such a stupid comment because the barcelona style has been around well before messi and villa were able to walk. It people like this why Italian football is lacking creativity and not evolving. Everyone afraid to try something new and play differently.

6. tomer48

tomer48 Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Wenger, Lol , alot of pepole here think that LE is trying to develop the youngsters which is not true at all! , in roma there are no mid players they are all young with potential or done and age +30[except de rossi and burdi) its not like LE have any other option , belive me if pizaro was 2-3 years younger and perrota 4 years you wouldnt see today pjanic and gago on the pitch , LE is using the best players and by chance pjanic is better then pizzaro and gago over perrota , and he have no replacement for angel , there is no other option!

7. Big Tom

Big Tom Member+

Sep 11, 2011
    In Jimmy's Fountain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Well it was always going to be tough especially against Milan side who have started to play again after their poor start to the season.

3 headed goals we conceded from.
    We aren't working on the defense in training or should i say LE isn't.Cassetti and Juan were the worst of the bunch why didn't we get a new RB in the summer for the past god knows how many season that has being the weak spot in our team and yet nothing has been done about it.

8. Rellum

Rellum Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Brisbane
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    That is the first game I have seen for several weeks and I feel like you do when have seen a friend for the first time in ages who has lost weight.

The team has improved massively from earlier in the season. The control of the ball, movement off it, passing are just so much better now. Poor defending is the real issue of course and this is where we need to strengthen in January. If we want to push hard for the title next year those new players will need time to settle into the system.

9. Big Tom

Big Tom Member+

Sep 11, 2011
    In Jimmy's Fountain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    But LE is ignoring the defensive side of the game he doesn't seem to care,thats the impression im getting anyways,and another thing that is annoying me is his sqaud rotation to many changes we don't have a first 11.That something that needs to change and fast,how will we ever have any chemistry if he keep's choping and changing every match ?

10. Rellum

Rellum Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Brisbane
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Defense, thats the hardest thing to fix and the one that will take the most time. It is the one area where you need hardend professionals at the top of there game to win at the highest level. Juan and Burdi are on the slide and we need to have a rejuvenation strategy to bring in quality players. Think Samuel and Mexes at the top of their games.

11. Big Tom

Big Tom Member+

Sep 11, 2011
    In Jimmy's Fountain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    We should make a move for Fernando as well.I'm sure he could play the Sweeper role in fron of the 2 CBs then we could play De Rossi in central midfield.Where i think it's his best position.Even though he does the job well i just think he's way to talented of a player to be playing so deep all the time,a waste really imho.

-------------Stek------------
    -------Burdisso----Kjaer------
    ----------Fernando-----------
    Isla----------------------Angel
    -------De Rossi----Pjanic/Pizarro-
    ------------Lamela-----------
    ---Totti/Bojan-----Osvaldo/Borini

12. bingos

bingos Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Someone should give a tought to the countless muscular injuries the team have:

it was Greco and Cichinho out for long time, now Totti, Borini, Juan, Kjaer.

13. bingos

bingos Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Someone should give a tought to the countless muscular injuries the team have:

it was Greco and Cichinho out for long time, now Totti, Borini, Juan, Kjaer.

14. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Gago is not good enough, simple as that. The defence needs top class centre backs. De Rossi needs to be released into his proper position and someone to do his current role brought in. I feel De Rossi would make so much difference if he was just switched. I said many times Gago is a poor player, he could possibly do a job sitting in front of the defence but he did not have the quality to play the role he is expected to in midfield for Roma. LE still bugs me.

I think it is 100% clear we need De Rossi driving this team in midfield and Gago out of there.
    That Milan team are very beatable but Roma defensively are as bad as ever and none of the current defenders are good enough

15. tomer48

tomer48 Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Gago is actually our best MF after de rossi , in my opinion we should switch gago and de rossi positions

16. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    You want him to be but the fact is he is below average. He has not played before this season in over 2 seasons and is being shown up to be out of his depth. Yesterday he was shocking and needs to be dropped. Pizarro was easily better than him yesterday and shows that even at veteran age real quality never ends even if his legs cant do what they used to. Thank God Gago is on loan only

17. tomer48

tomer48 Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Keep dreaming...

18. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Explain your comments then? How has he been any good, particularly against AC? I dont no what game you been watching at times as some of your comments are totally out of touch with what is actually going on. Maybe he is playing well for you on fifa because it is certainly not in real life dreamer

19. cybojan4life

cybojan4life Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Pjanic is better then pizzaro really? lol. Pjanic is a talent where developing but at this moment he is not better then pizzaro he has a lot of work to do. LE brought in all these young players for a reason.You can't develop players 26 and above to play this style of football. The type of football we are playing now you have to learn to play it early on in your career. Gago not better then perotta as a player but in this system he a better choice.

20. Capitano_10

Capitano_10 Member+

Apr 18, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Gago has not impressed me one bit, Pizarro AND Pjanic would be on the team sheet before him in my opinion.

21. cybojan4life

cybojan4life Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    LE needs to adjust personal against teams like milan who can score goals.
    The back four should have been: Heinze kjaer burdisso angel. Even in Barcelona against the really good teams the RB and LB are not pushing as far forward. The DMF plays more of a traditional role in order to defend better. I feel like Kjaer should have been in the lineup. Yes, he screwed up against Lazio but he really good in the air and I think he would of matched up well against Ibra.

22. tomer48

tomer48 Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Have you watched the game against genoa? He was the best MF on the pitch in my opinion he even played better then de rossi , he was just excellent , against mmilan he wasnt excellent but rly not bad and he was preasuring milan unlike pizaro did , if you dont belive what i say just go to the rating sites , you will see they share my opinion!