MD10: AS Roma - AC Milan (Oct 29,2011) [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Big Tom, Oct 26, 2011.

1. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I want to think of the happy times and the effort he put in for the club. He wore his heart on his sleeve and for that I will always respect him. If Rosella had spent her time better rewarding deserving players contracts instead of Adriano for example but incompetence seemed to follow her about.

A player of his standing should have been better looked after but it was all left to late. He is finally getting a consistent chance in the France team and I guess he took the decision to want to compete for honours now before its to late. Maybe if Roma had treated one of the star players better he would still be here.

2. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    To hell with Mexes, he's a traitor and he did his part in leaving for free so he could get a higher salary from Milan. He deserves the same amount of boos that Vucinic has coming to him. Luckily for Philipe he isn't even on the squad list for tomorrow.

3. Oban14

Oban14 Member+

Jul 5, 2006
    Illinois
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    +1. He is dead to me. I agree he should have been resigned and it was Rosella mismanagement, but he left for free which is the final dagger to the Romanistas hearts. Forza Roma!!

4. unicodieci

unicodieci New Member

Oct 27, 2011
    roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  5. Romanista89

Romanista89 Member+

Jun 8, 2010
    Glasgow, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I hold have more disguist towards Mexes than I do Mirko. Mirko was way more important to our team than Mexes was. Mexes was a bit part player when Ranieri nearly won the Scudetto in 09/10 whereas Mirko was decisive in many games that season.

Mexes pretended he was waiting for the right offer to come in but he never had any intention of staying. Although Mirko didn't say it himself whilst he was at Roma, his agent Lucci made it very clear he had no intention to stay at Roma in the summer. There was false signs of hope, no singing songs in nightclubs pretending that he loves the club. He was honest and Mirko had much more to be angry about than the liability Mexes ever did.

We also got 15m for Mirko, 15m more than what we received for Mexes.

I've love to see Osvaldo outpace and overpower Mexes for a goal and for him to sprint to the Curva Sud to celebrate, machine gun in hand!

6. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    So just throw away the 7 seasons he had with us? I will remember the good times and respect him for what he did for the club. That is my choice, bite me

7. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Mexes who? Vucinic who?

8. iGiallorossi

iGiallorossi Member+

Oct 4, 2010
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Osvaldo and Kjaer! ;)

Nevermind going to the Curva Sud to do the mitraglia in fronnt of Mexes!

9. Capitano_10

Capitano_10 Member+

Apr 18, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Totally agree with you. There is a huge amount of biterness when Roma players leave for either of the Milan clubs or Juventus. Mexes had his time with us, he left to win trophies and perhaps the scudetto. He will have a better chance at Milan than he would with us. I for one miss him alot, but i respect his decision.

10. Romanista89

Romanista89 Member+

Jun 8, 2010
    Glasgow, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I would see it that way if he had left for a fee. But not for nothing. I disliked the way Mirko left but I'm still a fan of the player and will never hold him in the same disregard I now hold for Mexes as Mirko still went for a price.

We got 18m for Chivu, I only really started to dislike him once he had played against us and some of his actions then. Mancini really grinded me in his final season as it was so obvious he couldn't care less about us but we still got a reasonable fee for him and he flopped completely at Inter.

Mexes left for nothing at arguably the peak of his powers. If he plays against us this weekend he will try to do something to endear himself to the Milanisti, a crunching tackle on Totti would've done it but Francesco will not be fit by then. I know if he plays against us in this fixture my resentment for him by only grow.

11. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma

You cannot say the same for Mexes. He clearly showed what Roma meant for him in his last season, right up to that horrible injury. He was Roma's best player last season until that injury, and was a true leader for the team. I of course am bitter he has went but I can never hate him.

Anyway, he is not playing against us this weekend so back to the match. If roma can remain positive and take the game to them, they can take boss this game for me. Chances are there for the taking when you play a speed and stretch their defence and midfield. The question is will Roma take those chances at least twice because surely Milan will score at least once. If roma respect them to much they are toast

12. Big Tom

Big Tom Member+

Sep 11, 2011
    In Jimmy's Fountain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    So Mexes isn't in the squad for the game,shame really i was hoping to see Osvaldo rip him a new one.

Glad to hear that Pjanic should be fit to play.I hope LE plays him behind Osvaldo and Bojan and not in CM.

13. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Mexes was never an outstanding defender for us. He was just high profile, because of his looks and his off and on international career. I'm much more upset we lost him for free, than the fact that we lost him. That was careless on our part.

14. tomer48

tomer48 Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Dont push it , i think he is a traitor , but he was an excellent cb! this whole deal was weird , cuz when i saw mexes playing or just in videos on as roma ch i could rly see he liked the club! i rly dont get how it ended like this...

15. tomer48

tomer48 Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    You dont prefer lamela behind bojan and osvaldo and pjanic as cm , i think it would be great!

16. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Squad list:

Borini
    Borriello
    Burdisso
    Cassetti
    Curci
    De Rossi
    Gago
    Greco
    Juan
    Heinze
    Krkic
    Lamela
    Osvaldo
    Perrotta
    Pjanic
    Pizarro
    Stekelenburg
    Valdes

17. tomer48

tomer48 Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Good Pjanic is back lets hope he will start in the MF next to gago and de rossi

18. cybojan4life

cybojan4life Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I agree but I would love to see that with a bojan Lamela OSvaldo line.

19. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    I wouldn''t let Lamela play in such a big, important match.

I want Gago, Pizarro, De Rossi on the midfield with Pjanic behind the strikers.

20. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Pjanic has been much better playing in an advanced role than he has in the midfield.

21. tomer48

tomer48 Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    What your saying is true , but he is doing much better job in midlefield then Pizzaro or perrota or greco , so we kinda need him over there + we have 2 excellent players on the advanced role which are lamela and totti

22. cybojan4life

cybojan4life Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I agree that lamela probably shouldn't play in such a huge match. Also, I agree with DDR also that Pjanic plays better more advanced but I think his quality so vital to the midfield. He a very good possession player and reliable passer. I like it when him and pizzaro play together because are possession is so much better. The problem with pjanic playing so advanced in this game is it could be hard for us to get it to pjanic in an advanced position with gago or perotta playing in the midfield especialy against this team. They tend to look uncomfortable in the system. In the lazio game our midfield was so ineffective because we didn't have a quality passer. I hope LE doesn't make the same mistake.

23. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Well Totti is injured and not available, but aside from that I don't think Pjanic has done a good job in the midfield. It's not true, he's looked out of place there and the few good things have come from being move into a more advanced role.

24. cybojan4life

cybojan4life Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    he never played without totti being in an advanced position either. He may look different and more effective.

25. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    ?? Yes he has, and he bagged two assists from it.