Maza Rodriguez at PSV Eindhoven Part IV [R]

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by CyberAce100, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So good?

Haha funny picture of Urugay. Suarez is not the only one who stuck his hand out and they're tackling Adiyiah.

2. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    PSV won with 2-0. Terrible match by PSV and Maza. Maza caused a penalty, could have caused another one and made a huge mistake what should have been a goal for Heracles. Heracles got an early red card in the second half, but dominated 90 minutes.

Avg. Position Next Opponents:
    Standings:

[​IMG]

Highlights:

http://www.eredivisie.nl/video/autoplay/35588/samenvatting_heracles_almelo-psv.html

3. When you watch the highlights, make sure you donot miss the goal scored in the Roda match. It's a screamer.

4. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Recommand to watch that goal. One of the best goals ever scored by a limited defender. The goalscorer is Kah, an average defender from Roda JC. Him making such goal is as wierd as Maza making a similair goal. Called it a "lucky" himself.

Since you are lazy, here it is:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=310AN8QPbiA"]YouTube - Werelddoelpunt Kah Roda JC tegen VVV Venlo[/ame]

5. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    not only did you stick the dagger in Maza but you also pushed it in deeper:D

6. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
  7. ar2ro

ar2ro Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Shanghai, China
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The celebration is classic too!

8. Blue_Demon

Blue_Demon Member+

Aug 20, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club León
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  9. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    I wouldn't mind him leaving to be honest, I wouldn't mind him staying either.

10. Shzm13

Shzm13 Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Puro Durango
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Maza to Spain. Im guessing Espanyol.

11. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'd like to see him aspire for something bigger. EPL anyone?

12. wolfpupz

wolfpupz Member+

Jan 24, 2011
    SJCA
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i guess he could make it he is strong enough for epl bolton would be nice....

13. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
  14. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Not much has happened yet. PSV wanted Schaars, but he went to Sporting. PSV wants a Korean striker, he can choice between PSV and Sunderland and PSV just made an offer on Strootman and Mertens for together 10 million euro's, got rejected.

PSV was in huge financial problems. The goal was to improve the liquidity position with 75 million euro's and thanks to Philips, ASML, VLD, other enterprises and hopefully Eindhoven it will become more than 80 million euro's. This money will be used to pay-off the mortgage of the Philips Stadion and thus to lower the yearly outcome.

The final goal is to decrease the outcome by 10 million euro's/year and increase the income by the same amount. If Eindhoven votes yet, it will be archieved.

Strootman is a great midfielder who made a huge impression in the Dutch NT as replacement for v. Bommel. Several English Premier League teams and Italian teams like AS Roma follow him but some claim that he first wants to play at a top Dutch team before leaving abroad, since he don't want to risk getting on the bench just before Euro 2012. Very talented defensive midfielder, might be the biggest talent in the Netherlands.

Mertens is a talented Belgium winger.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGRsZ_fhlcs"]YouTube - ‪Schitterend doelpunt van Dries Mertens (FC Utrecht-AZ) 2011‬‏[/ame]

Strootman

Highlights from 3 years ago, not much has changed.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1UVxLuNcLc"]YouTube - ‪Piero: Kevin Strootman, een nieuw pareltje‬‏[/ame]

Maza? Nothing

1 person likes this.
  15. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    PSV is going completely for Wijnaldum, Mertens and Strootman. FC Utrecht want 15 million for Mertens and Strootman, PSV only offered 12. According to the latest rumours, the teams are getting closer to each other. PSV also talks with Feyenoord talent Wijnaldum, he'll probably cost around 6 million euro's.

Big gamble, not sure if I like it but Wijnaldum and Strootman are very talented Dutch players, not sure about Mertens since I think he's too old (24). But he showed some decent stuff in the Eredivisie and is more impressive than Eden Hazard in the Belgium national team. Wierd that Hazard fails to impress for the Belgium squad, he is currently the Seedorf/v. Persie of Belgium.

Maza still stays

16. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    PSV came to an agreement with Utrecht about Mertens and Strootman for 13+ million euro's and is very close in signing Wijnaldum for 5+ million euro's.

PSV still wants a striker and they want to buy a new defender but then Bakkal and/or Engelaar must be sold. PSV told the press that Engelaar and Bakkal are allowed to leave, but Maza wasn't mentioned. Since Vukovic got sent to Roda JC on loan PSV only has three central defenders, so I doubt PSV would be keen in selling Maza.

Wijnaldum is the first Feyenoord youth product to go from Feyenoord to PSV since Ruud Gullit. Feyenoord fans are furious.

17. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    Maza has been playing decent for PSV hasn't he? Getting rid of him at this point would be an odd move, at the very least he provides depth.

18. Q.Q.

Q.Q. Member

Jan 25, 2008
    Antarctica
    Mertens is a great talent, like a poor man's version of Samir Nasri.

Didn't Maza fall out favor with the coach most of the season? Maybe he feels the coach doesn't have any plans for him. It would be nice if Maza could stay and solidify himself for another season, I want to see him win a Championship with PSV.

I'd love to see him at Espanyol with Moreno though.

19. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    actually i think he has been sub par... plus he has problems with the manager...

now that they will be acquited of the doping...he could possibly move to a new club

20. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Maza was bad, as was Marcelo but was prefered above him. Bouma is getting too old.

I would leave if I was him, I think that would be best for both parties. Many fans hope to sign Erick Torres, baised on YouTube clips and because of Chicharito who's is highly rated in the Netherlands. Trade between him and Maza is often opted as a possibility (+ decent amount of money). I doubt he's a realistic target.

21. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Maza was opted in Eindhovens Dagblad as possible candidate to leave, added to that his number changed

18 ‘Maza’ Rodriguez (was 4)

Wijnaldum gets threats, quite similair to the time when vd. Vaart was linked to a PSV transfer. He would have gone to PSV in 2005 if his Hiddink's parents didn't recieve life threats. Was published in a documentary about Guus Hiddink in 2006. He instead went to Hamburg SV.

Hope it won't affect his choice, but it's sick. Some hope his plane will crash back to the Netherlands just after he signed his contract. #Wijnaldumnsb was trending topic at Twitter yesterday, have seen tweets where people post they hope the Germans will throw a bomb on Eindhoven and kill Wijnaldum with it.

22. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That really blows for Maza that they changed his number, not a good sign at all. rare for you to see them take anumber away to a player that has been there for a couple years, unless he asksfor a different number or he sells it to a teammate.

23. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    He's the only player who got a "worser" number in the squad, Marcelo got his number 4.

24. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Telegraaf claims that PSV is very close in signing American defender Tim Ream. Another concurent for Maza.