Maza Rodriguez at PSV Eindhoven Part IV [R]

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by CyberAce100, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q.Q.

Q.Q. Member

Jan 25, 2008
    Antarctica
    Hmm, that's interesting. I wonder if it's just a move so PSV can more leverage if they try to sell him over the Summer.

Have you seen any of the coach's comments regarding the extension, Pag?

Something along the lines of:

"We're happy he decided to stay"
    "We came to an agreement and he will work for his spot"?

2. Geotrismegistos

Dec 6, 2006
    Greece
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Happy to see Maza sign for 2 more years

3. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    None so far

4. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Yeah that should be his last contract. I hope he doesn't go to the MLS after this contract.

5. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Official source:

http://www.psv.nl/Nieuws/Nieuwspagina/Maza-langer-bij-PSV-contract-Van-Leer-verlengd.htm

Saturday is the match of the season against Twente, Maza isn't expected to play. If PSV wins, it's very likely they'll win the league since the gap will be 4 points. If they lose, Twente is the favorite to win it, if it's a draw, everything can happen. Even Ajax could win the league if that happens.

Ajax - Twente is the last match of the season, PSV plays away against Groningen. Some great and important matches will be played in the next two weeks.

Twente - PSV
    Benfica - PSV
    PSV - Heerenveen
    PSV - Benfica

If we manage to win them all, it might become the best season we've had since 1988 and 2005. If we lose them all, it will be a terrible season. Wierd how a few matches can change everything. It's wierd that a shot on the post might make the difference between a legendary season or a terrible season.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl6xyd3oRNw&feature=related"]YouTube - CL compilatie PSV 04-05[/ame]

A season we had all the luck in the world, but all the bad luck you can have in the semi-final against AC Milan. If we had the bad luck we had against AC Milan against Red Star Belgrado (we went 3-1 down away, ended 3-2. Won at home with 5-0 thanks to an early red card) PSV might have been like Feyenoord. Since reaching the CL that year was vital thanks to huge financial problems we had.

You must hope Bouma or Marcelo will get a yellow card, since both will be suspended for the EL if that happens. So it's not unlikely that Maza will play in a possible semi-final or maybe even final if we manage to get that far (what's very unlikely, but without hope you cannot live). He might even score the winner in that final, wouldn't that be great?

Maza would become a legend. He'll follow the footsteps of v. Breukelen and vd. Kuijlen and might one day get an own statue in front of the Philips Stadion like vd. Kuijlen. Well, I'm lying. To be fair he would follow in the footsteps of average players like Robert de Pinho de Souza and Linskens. Average players who all played a vital role in European glory. If you say Robert, every PSV fan will still remember the commentary

"Robert de Pinho de Souza, PSV naar Milaan, PSV Halve Finalist.
    Al zou hij nooit meer een pepernoot raken, dit heeft hij toch maar mooi gedaan!"

What is in English

"Robert de Pinho de Souza, PSV to Milan, PSV Semi-Finalist. Even if he'll fails to hit any ball in the future, you can't take this away from him"

So, if Maza will score in the 94th minute it will be

"Francisco Javier Rodríguez Pinedo, or "Maza", PSV wins the Europa League!. Even if he fails to hit any ball in the future, you can't take this away from him".

What shortly means that every PSV fan will know his full name, even over 20 years.

6. luis_mx

luis_mx New Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Falls church
    Maza scored in the semi-final for the league with Chivas, but you're dreaming too much Paga :p, I wish what you said happened though and I'll hope it does =p.

7. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Well, I'm currently "SAB'ing". Posting long posts about unrealistic dreams that nobody wants to read is a great SAB activity. Oh, you don't know what SAB is? Study Avoiding Behaviour, called SOG in Dutch. Not relevant, back on topic.

What I posted will happen, it will be a cross and Maza will score it with a bicycle kick that he learned from Salcido.

8. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To commemorate Van Der Maza sign the extension, i went ahead and bought a PSV jersey i found searching around at ebay

Hup Maza Hup (?)

9. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Cool,

Fans are quite happy with the extension. They think he's very close to the first eleven and a decent defender for Dutch Eredivisie.

10. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Maza PWNED on the 2nd goal

Cruz Azul is your future

11. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Congrats Twente :(

Maza :(

12. Agapito X Fa

Agapito X Fa Member+

Apr 21, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    the keeper pulled a memo ochoa:D

should have slide tackle that guy props to him at least running back to defend.

ref bought Ruiz dive

13. Agapito X Fa

Agapito X Fa Member+

Apr 21, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    is Maza worse than Marcelo?

lol Marcelo and other player almost got into it.

14. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    the sad thing is i don't think he would even cut it in cruz azul. i'll live my life having never understood what people and a host of good coaches have seen in him. i'll also still laugh out loud every time i see 'impossible is maza'

15. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Bro, u missed the tackle on rooney before the world cup. And Maza missed that open header against Uruguay in the world cup lol

16. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Did Maza play against Benefica today?

17. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You're a joke dude.

18. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Maza didn't play in the match against Benfica, it could have been 7-0

19. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Seriously? A guy makes a couple mistakes and now he is the worst of all time. Maza has been pretty solid over the last 2-3 years....

20. El_Huero

El_Huero Member+

Dec 21, 2009
    EduarDitto "The Pelé of Anal"
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    wtf.. when did pagz become a mod?

21. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Maza has improved a lot since he left to Holland

22. Hdez.Marcos

Hdez.Marcos Member+

Apr 7, 2010
    Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    oh esnap! congrats to Pags

23. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Why you should congratulate me when PSV loses with 4-1, is a mystery for me. :D

Marcelo failed yesterday, might be good news for Maza.